DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keepin It Old School

Go down 
+4
Jukebox Romeo
Johnny99
loazis
clashcityrocker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Keepin It Old School Empty
PostSubject: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Ok, so I've gathered from reading the discussions on here that most people have already listened to "American Slang". I haven't downloaded it becasue I want to have the same experience with this album that I had with SOS and T59S, sitting on my bed listening to a physical copy of it and reading along. I don't want to hear it for the first time sitting in front of my computer. Am I the only one keeping it old school?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:41 pm

I think not, I've seen several people here saying they're waiting for the true release. I myself downloaded the album (after a few days of thinking about waiting it out but failing to restrain myself ^^), put it on my mp3player, walked down to the park, lay down in the grass and gave it a good listen Smile
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm

the question that everyone asks.

what if you die before june 15th?
could you live knowing you might die without getting to hear the new gaslight record?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:21 pm

To me, that question is irrelevant: if I'm dead, I don't think I'm going to care about the new Gaslight record, and if I'm dying, I'll have much better things to worry about than a CD. However, if there is a heaven, maybe Gaslight is played up there all day anyway...
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:32 pm

but knowing right now that you may never get a chance to listen to it?
its like a tragedy. on my deathbed i dont want to be all upset, saying goodbyes.
i want to put on a rock and roll record and go out in peace.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:05 pm

don't worry man. i'm waiting for my vinyl to come. keepin it real old school.

if i somehow die before june 15th, then i guess i wasn't meant to hear it haha. which would suck, but theres other things to worry about.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:50 pm

hahaha. no, you're not alone my friend! im still holding off, but im making no promises, either. my main reason for holding off is that i think i will enjoy it more when i have a physical copy and can sit back in my room and listen to the whole thing, over and over...
Back to top Go down
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:23 am

Great topic Steph. I wanted to get a thread started for people who still haven't listened yet.

I'm keepin' it old school. I'm excited for june 15. I did break down and listen to AS the song on their myspace, and wasn't overly impressed, so I'm gunshy. But reading everyone's reviews, I think I'll like it alot. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Perka
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Perka

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:52 am

Same here, im waiting for the release. I want the "first listening" to be special!
The first time i heard Dropkick Murphys latest studio-album i was out at sea. Just me, some fishin roads and my old Walkman. A great memory, and i want AS to be just as good as that, if not better =)
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Reinvent good times wrote:
Great topic Steph. I wanted to get a thread started for people who still haven't listened yet.

I'm keepin' it old school. I'm excited for june 15. I did break down and listen to AS the song on their myspace, and wasn't overly impressed, so I'm gunshy. But reading everyone's reviews, I think I'll like it alot. We'll see.

i didnt start it. but youre welcome anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keepin It Old School   Keepin It Old School Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keepin It Old School
Page 1 of 1