DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]

Go down 
+41
Vibes
gaslightom
mingus
riversedge
Ghost
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
brucesboots
LuceroDiehard
simo
Jay
moodydan
Silver
Yozzy
IKeeptheDiner
MKULTRA
Labhras
908-Billy
stephendgaf
Tiffany
CluckyB
joshyboytyler
J.B.R.
Gaslight23
Christophe
madsmom
IFeelBlue
J_Schooly
Daire
Holland
plugga
steph
RobertODonnell
Harbortown
sweetpaul
acousticbandit
loazis
Prisoner
Philo
cockypessimist
BuddyHolly
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Who is singing in the last part? Sounds like a woman
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm assuming it's Ian, but i guess we won't know till later
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Do we even know that it was Brian that wrote the song?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Daire wrote:
Do we even know that it was Brian that wrote the song?
Didn't Brian write every song?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:52 pm

If Brian didn't write this song i would eat my flat cap.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Holland wrote:
If Brian didn't write this song i would eat my flat cap.

basically.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:34 pm

it has to be brian, it's written in B flat!!
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:56 pm

yeah that's a Brian Fallon song
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:02 pm

oh lawdy. i need an mp3!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 am

So three songs in, and the only one that's REALLY different to Gaslight is Black Betty. But who cares, they are all fantastic in different ways. I think it could be a very, very good album...
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:55 am

i was thinking mary ann sounds the most non-gaslight so far.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:05 am

I agree with Mary Ann being the most different, it really shows the Tom Waits influence that Brian was talking about!
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:20 am

I don't like the bridge, but apart from that: truly great song (man, I love those lyrics) !
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 am

Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A0DZqNpSQH4
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am

azlisa wrote:
oh lawdy. i need an mp3!

I posted the Youtube link to this video.

It is easy to convert any YouTube video to mp3

Back to top Go down
gaslightom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gaslightom

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 pm

is this legal of downloading this song?
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 pm

gaslightom wrote:
is this legal of downloading this song?

I am not sure--I just know you can covert amy Utube vid to mp3
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 am

Deleting links to download it per the requests of other mods. I posted it earlier. I apologize
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
gaslightom
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gaslightom

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 am

this song is on itunes.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 am

On Amazon, too. I guess it's on all the usual digital retailers now. But I had a few bucks left on an Amazon gift card so I downloaded it from there.

Here's the cover:

'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 20110719-jscy45ticgeynfhcr2gc6q9g55
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 am

simo wrote:
Here's the cover:

Great cover, great song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:12 am

Excellent. I'm even deleting my crappy ripped-from-Youtube copy and re-downloading it legitimately.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:20 pm

I'm going to buy it right now!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:47 pm

first post.. i just created an Itunes account just to buy this song.. i've been a fan of TGA for a while, but didnt know anything about this Horrible Crowes project until tonight. once i heard Behold the Hurricane, i decided on the spot to make an Itunes account to buy the song. i like it a lot. its making me anxious to hear the whole album, and a new TGA album hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:42 am

This quality version is so much better than the original stream, so glad they released it...

I think that last line is "At the door, the leaves had fallen, suddenly I realized that you were gone"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]   'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Behold the Hurricane' streaming on Rolling Stone [& now on iTunes etc.]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next