DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Elsie' pre-order news

Go down 
+42
Debonair
simo
Angry Johnny
fullcollapse
Down by the Mersey
Prisoner
eagles1139
Bea
carryon820
BuddyHolly
riversedge
oh_megan
Silver
madsmom
acousticbandit
Mipi
40 Miler
J.B.R.
stephendgaf
Mechamunky
bobbyjames
azlisa
NJsoul
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
thomas94
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
Joe Jack
brucesboots
steady now steady now
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
The Boxer
StopAndSlideToTheRight
enola
loazis
plugga
Gaslight23
El Jefe
JJW319
RobertODonnell
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Yeah, here comes album of the year!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Got it in the post today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 pm

StopAndSlideToTheRight wrote:

thats good news , did you get everything apart from the 7" ?
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:18 pm

brucesboots wrote:

Yes, and the postmen are lazy Very Happy There wasn't anybody home, so they just left it at the doorstep, instead of leaving a slip, which would make us have to collect it at the post office for ransom (Tax). I'm a bit disappointed by the CD though, its in a flimsy piece of cardboard, not a proper plastic CD case.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Its also kinda tough to get both the CD and booklet out because they both face inside, wouldn't you agree @stop, I thought that was a design fail
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm

brucesboots wrote:

Yes, and the postmen are lazy Very Happy There wasn't anybody home, so they just left it at the doorstep, instead of leaving a slip, which would make us have to collect it at the post office for ransom (Tax). I'm a bit disappointed by the CD though, its in a flimsy piece of cardboard, not a proper plastic CD case.

was the poster seperate ? Think they said the cd was in a mini vinyl type case, seems to be the way they are all going these days.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:34 pm

brucesboots wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

was the poster seperate ? Think they said the cd was in a mini vinyl type case, seems to be the way they are all going these days.
American Slang didn't come in a proper case either but it did have some plastic and it was more sturdy than the Elsie packaging. It's pretty flimsy indeed.

I choose to act all poetic and claim that the packaging accompanies the emotional fragility of Elsie's lyrics.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:41 pm

loazis wrote:
brucesboots wrote:
brucesboots wrote:

American Slang didn't come in a proper case either but it did have some plastic and it was more sturdy than the Elsie packaging. It's pretty flimsy indeed.

I choose to act all poetic and claim that the packaging accompanies the emotional fragility of Elsie's lyrics.

Hahahha. That's one way of putting it. Without the plastic wrapping, its actually quite nicely packaged. I guess you can't really achieve the whole gloss on matte effect in a plastic case. I really like the CD itself too, though it really is a shame about the linear notes.
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

so throw away the notes and make your own....
Back to top Go down
http://www.eljefedesign.com
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:14 pm

El Jefe wrote:

Dude, I think the design is amazing. I just think a few pictures or additional info wouldn't hurt. I love the poster by the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Quote :

Haha burned, btw I love the disign, Ian even said him and Brian were going for that timeless feel, which I think was achieved- no I'm not sucking up
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:09 pm

finally received my order from SOD. ordered a bunch of stuff and they got some things backwards, but its not too big of a deal. at this point, im mostly excited to have received the new chuck ragan vinyl. listening to it at the moment and it's sounding even better than i expected. some of you will be happy to know brian does backing vocals on two tracks and frank turner does backing on a track as well.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:32 pm

I now have it on good authority that the Horrible Crowes pre-order poster will not be reprinted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I think the design is nice. I feel like I'm going to have to be careful not to rip the CD liner notes though. But only because I'll be reading the lyrics while listening to the album. It seems like a good portion of albums I buy these days don't even have lyrics or anything.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm

i got a poster! i ordered it through interpunk and was not expecting that. it looks so awesome. plus interpunk has great stickers. And yeah the album's pretty amazing too...
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:53 am

Just got my El Jefe poster in the mail, but nothing else yet...

This beast is getting framed. It's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 am

to the people in the UK who have pre-ordered the deluxe bundle but haven't recieved it yet, have you had a shipping confirmation email? I haven't had anything about it shipping yet.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 am

bobbyjames wrote:
to the people in the UK who have pre-ordered the deluxe bundle but haven't recieved it yet, have you had a shipping confirmation email? I haven't had anything about it shipping yet.

No , not heard anything , order status has showed as shipped for some while lo.
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:55 am

brucesboots wrote:
bobbyjames wrote:

No , not heard anything , order status has showed as shipped for some while lo.

I didn't even bother registering when I ordered mine, knew I should of though!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:28 am

Just received (part 1 of bundle ) black LP, T Shirt , cd. Very Happy
No shipping note, no mention of the 7" ? Also the Chuck Ragan bundle must have been shipped seperate .
Back to top Go down
40 Miler
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:35 am

bobbyjames wrote:

No email. No package. Nothin. Waiting for Chuck as well.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Quote :
] I now have it on good authority that the Horrible Crowes pre-order poster will not be reprinted.

eljefedesign.com/store/thc_preorder.html

Boo no pre order exclusive.... me sad Crying or Very sad

I feel like I got ripped off on this bundle, but Elsie sounds so good......that helps....that helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:43 pm

you know, i have to agree that this whole pre-order has been pretty damn shady.

i mean, i'm still happy that i preordered the deluxe bundle.

(although i wish it had included the blood red vinyl instead of regular black, especially since all their reasoning why this was done has proven to be false).

and therein lies the problem, the falsities of their statements, which might as well be considered flat-out lies.

but again, i'm happy with my purchase, just not the way it was presented.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Debonair wrote:
Quote :
] I now have it on good authority that the Horrible Crowes pre-order poster will not be reprinted.

eljefedesign.com/store/thc_preorder.html

Boo no pre order exclusive.... me sad Crying or Very sad

I feel like I got ripped off on this bundle, but Elsie sounds so good......that helps....that helps

it's not a reprint

330 were part of the bundles and they printed no more than 350 overall (according to my info); I assume the extra were for the band, the label and the artist, and if he wants to sell some, so be it
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:56 am

the first part of the deluxe bundle has turned up (LP, CD & T-shirt), hopefully the poster will arrive tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Elsie' pre-order news
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next