DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Elsie' pre-order news

Go down 
+42
Debonair
simo
Angry Johnny
fullcollapse
Down by the Mersey
Prisoner
eagles1139
Bea
carryon820
BuddyHolly
riversedge
oh_megan
Silver
madsmom
acousticbandit
Mipi
40 Miler
J.B.R.
stephendgaf
Mechamunky
bobbyjames
azlisa
NJsoul
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
thomas94
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
Joe Jack
brucesboots
steady now steady now
TGAFAN25
Kosburn59
The Boxer
StopAndSlideToTheRight
enola
loazis
plugga
Gaslight23
El Jefe
JJW319
RobertODonnell
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:35 am

Knew I would be eating those words Razz

Congrats on getting it , you won't be disappointed

Just a heads up were finding the posters aren't hand numbered, I sent side one an email about it so I'll let you know what I hear
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:53 am

Haha yeah.

Probably all placebo effect, but it really did sound better on vinyl. Not sure why. Probably just the taking the time to just sit and only listen to the record. Its just soooo good.

Somewhat disappointed with the packaging though. The linear notes were really just the song lyrics with random parts emphasized with bigger text. Where as the notes American Slang felt sloppy in places (lots of typos/unevenness/a very cluttered feeling) these just felt empty. I think T59S linear notes probably just ruined all others for me. =P
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:21 am

CluckyB wrote:
Checked my mail and like twoish today, was nothing there. Assumed it already came. Then was bored and checked it again...

omg omg omg!!!!

I guess to be nice I'll take pictures of the t-shirt before curling up and listening to this thing. just gimme a few seconds.

on second though. I appear to have lost my camera to computer cable. I'll look for it/figure out some other way of getting the pictures off the camera later, but no dice for now =( *hadn't used camera since moving so is worried the cable is lost... but I'm gonna stop worrying and go spin elsie now*

just enjoy for now, CluckyB; you can worry about us later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Quote :
Somewhat disappointed with the packaging though. The linear notes were really just the song lyrics with random parts emphasized with bigger text. Where as the notes American Slang felt sloppy in places (lots of typos/unevenness/a very cluttered feeling) these just felt empty. I think T59S linear notes probably just ruined all others for me. =P

To each their own, I personally like the packaging, from what one interview from Ian said, they were going for a timeless feel for the packageing. Something that could be liked by someone 30 years from now and not look out dated. I think they pulled that off in my opinion.

I also understand why someone wouldn't like it though, its not crazy looking or something like that. Yet again Elsie wasn't suppose to be that way I think.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 am

Debonair wrote:
Quote :

To each their own, I personally like the packaging, from what one interview from Ian said, they were going for a timeless feel for the packageing. Something that could be liked by someone 30 years from now and not look out dated. I think they pulled that off in my opinion.

I also understand why someone wouldn't like it though, its not crazy looking or something like that. Yet again Elsie wasn't suppose to be that way I think.

Haha. Looking at some old records, it seems to be quite a hard feat to pull off.

And my Bundle hasn't arrived yet, although today is the european release date Sad
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 am

I've just found another Elsie pre-order by Max Factory

http://www.howagirlfigures.com/2011/04/28/max-factory-elsie-pre-order/
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 am

got the Red vinyl through from banquet today, though I still haven't had a shipping confirmation email from S1D for the deluxe pre-order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:06 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
I've just found another Elsie pre-order by Max Factory

http://www.howagirlfigures.com/2011/04/28/max-factory-elsie-pre-order/

hahaa, nice!! I was so confused for a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Hahahahahhaa. That's truely hilarious. :')
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:07 pm

has anyone actually heard the track 'joey' yet?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Yeah it came with the blood red vinyl
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 pm

What does it sound like?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Heavy echo vocals with a dark big band feel. Kind of a more dark active sounding version than the original, a little slower too
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 pm

i think ill listen to it before the original for some reaosn...
Back to top Go down
carryon820
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 pm

This is in regards to what above posters were saying about the El Jefe/THC posters not being numbered. I recieved mine Sat. (excluding the rest of my order) and like you guys said, my poster is not numbered as well. It is frustrating, but mostly because the same mistakes keep occurring with SOD/El Jefe. I recently ordered that limited edition poster book from El Jefe which was advertised as having his signature on it, but when it arrived it never included his signature. In his defense, he did say he'd make it right and I know it's not that big of a deal, but it kind of gets to you after a few times (starting with SOD misinforming us about THC vinyl #, making it seem that the black vinyl was the rarer out of the two which is not the case, then the El Jefe limited edition poster book arriving without his signature on it as advertised, and most recently was the El Jefe posters which were expected to be numbered and are not). It has nothing to do with the pieces not being worth as much (financially speaking); I'm more concerned with them having more personal value for my collection and more importantly, recieving what I thought I was paying for/what is advertised. Hopefully, in the future they get this right, as I'm a big fan of both SOD and El Jefe!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Like I've said I sent side one an email, its a holiday so i expect the earliest I'll hear anything back about this is tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know what I hear
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Joey is magical... It's majestic.... IT's AWESOME!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: DAM U SIDEONE!!!   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:11 am

I ordered two deluxe packages, and only received one(one for me, one for my brother)

One poster, and one shirt cd and vinyl-im aware the 7" is coming later

And yes I was charged for two

all my shipments say delivered so I'm really angry, I sent them an email right away

I don't think I trust sidone anymore, afterall the false information they gave about the posters being hand numbered, and the vinyl pressing limitation
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:18 am

S1D is probably one of the best labels out there right now, their customer care is amazing. however, they're not machines and might be a bit overwhelmed at the moment with all the new releases. last time i heard they had run out of t-shirts and were waiting on a new batch to come in. i have to say Alex is an awesome guy who will do everything he can to help you, so just don't go all ballistic on them. just send them an email and i'm sure they'll see what they can do. i also don't think there's need to start another thread about this, especially one so negative... [ADMIN: merged]
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:33 am

Is anyone else on here from the UK and has preordered from Play.com? When I look on my status is says 'Awaiting Stock'. I just wondered if anyone else has already received the album from Play?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:38 am

Bea-yeah it was kind of heat of the moment,
I just don't want to find out they can't send me the other one because they ran out of posters or something and all they can do is refund the money
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:44 am

Has anybody in the UK received any part of there bundles yet ?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 am

brucesboots wrote:
Has anybody in the UK received any part of there bundles yet ?

I haven't
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:12 pm

ok guys, so SideOneDummy may not have got everything right; if you have any issues, email them

of course, if they hadn't decided to release this great album, along with some great extras, you'd have nothing to moan about Wink

so let's get on with celebrating US Elsie Day cheers
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:27 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
ok guys, so SideOneDummy may not have got everything right; if you have any issues, email them

of course, if they hadn't decided to release this great album, along with some great extras, you'd have nothing to moan about Wink

so let's get on with celebrating US Elsie Day cheers

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Elsie' pre-order news   'Elsie' pre-order news - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Elsie' pre-order news
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next