DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Empty
PostSubject: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Yet another of the "holy grail" items up on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gaslight-Anthem-Sink-Swim-Demos-1st-set-SIGNED-/260807518291?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cb956e853#ht_692wt_80

The blue splatter with the silk screen jacket is /104. It's been a great week on ebay for people looking for the really rare stuff. I wonder if S&TQ white will make an appearance soon???
Back to top Go down
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I wonder if S&TQ white will make an appearance soon???

It already did. One of them sold about a week or so ago at a $160 Buy It Now. I'm kicking myself for not buying it; it's one of the last three variants I need for a complete collection!
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 am

OutOfStep wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I wonder if S&TQ white will make an appearance soon???

It already did. One of them sold about a week or so ago at a $160 Buy It Now. I'm kicking myself for not buying it; it's one of the last three variants I need for a complete collection!

Wow, that's crazy. With the prices being paid of late for SoS black, I'm shocked someone would have done a BIN at that price. I think that variant is much harder to come by than SoS black.
Back to top Go down
LittleSkill
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:05 am

And the white SatQ is mine. Smile Good price I think.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:52 pm

LittleSkill wrote:
And the white SatQ is mine. Smile Good price I think.

Totally agree. Do you have a link to the auction?
Back to top Go down
LittleSkill
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Link
He's talking about 200 copies, but this must be a mistake, because there was no pressing with 200 copies and especially not the 2x7" white.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:27 pm

LittleSkill wrote:
Link
He's talking about 200 copies, but this must be a mistake, because there was no pressing with 200 copies and especially not the 2x7" white.

Yeah that's a mistake but that doesn't surprise me. If this seller was really in tune with the TGA vinyl market, he/she wouldn't have had such a low buy it now price given how in demand this record is.

Nice score on your part. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:19 pm

The last couple ebay auctions for a SATQ white 7" went for def less than $150! One went for 122.5 if I'm not mistaken. Just because someone bid $790 dollars for a $250-300 record (SOS black) this wk doesn't mean all these records are acutally worth that much! I think alot of people were surprised when the last black SOS went for 405 .....790 is double that! Most have been sold on ebay in the $175 to 250 range over the past few years and the white SATQ 7' about the same. Yeah I feel the $160 is a good price for the white SATQ 7" but not a steal at this point in time!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:47 pm

19thirty wrote:
The last couple ebay auctions for a SATQ white 7" went for def less than $150! One went for 122.5 if I'm not mistaken. Just because someone bid $790 dollars for a $250-300 record (SOS black) this wk doesn't mean all these records are acutally worth that much! I think alot of people were surprised when the last black SOS went for 405 .....790 is double that! Most have been sold on ebay in the $175 to 250 range over the past few years and the white SATQ 7' about the same. Yeah I feel the $160 is a good price for the white SATQ 7" but not a steal at this point in time!

You are correct that the last copy that sold on E-bay went for around $125. I know that because I was the buyer. It was actually part of a lot that included the red and black variants as well. But that was nearly a year ago and the interest in this variant has sky-rocketed since then, with multiple people offering me more than $200 for my copy. I know from vinyl collective that someone recently paid close to $250 for their copy in a private non-ebay sale. This variant also shows up on ebay much more rarely than SoS black.

My point is that $160 is a big score in light of the current red hot market for TGA vinyl. I guarantee you that the next copy that shows up on Ebay will far surpass that price. No one is saying that peoples' recent willingness to pay shitloads of money for SoS black means that it is actually worth that much. I certainly did not say that.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
My point is that $160 is a big score in light of the current red hot market for TGA vinyl.

Does a board like this with these kinds of topics inadvertently fuel the hype?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:55 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
My point is that $160 is a big score in light of the current red hot market for TGA vinyl.

Does a board like this with these kinds of topics inadvertently fuel the hype?

Quite possibly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)   Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Vinyl Gem on Ebay (SoS Demos Lot Incl. Blue Splatter)
Page 1 of 1