DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan

Go down 
+8
Kosburn59
Jay
JJW319
joshyboytyler
steady now steady now
loazis
steph
CluckyB
12 posters
AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Empty
PostSubject: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:39 am

http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/-strse-83/The-Gaslight-Anthem-Cherry/Detail.bok

I'm assuming this is legit. Pretty sweet t-shirt and for a good cause, but would kinda like some confirmation from the band that it really is legit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:01 am

its legit...i just a TGA newsletter on my email informing me about the tshirt
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah, but like it came from info@punkrockmusic.com. If it was from S1D I'd trust it, but I don't even know why I'm on a mailing list from punkrockmusic...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:42 am

that doesn't even look like a gaslight-ish design
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 am

CluckyB wrote:
Yeah, but like it came from info@punkrockmusic.com. If it was from S1D I'd trust it, but I don't even know why I'm on a mailing list from punkrockmusic...

it came from punkrockmusic cause they are the ones who handle the online merch from TGA...im guess we got the email from em cause we have ordered tshirts or some sort of the merch thru the TGA website.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:34 am

Where does it state that it's for the benefit of Japan though?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:27 am

loazis wrote:

on the official store page for the t-shirt

http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/StoreFront.bok

Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:58 am

steady now steady now wrote:
loazis wrote:

on the official store page for the t-shirt

http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/StoreFront.bok

Thanks, I apparently didn't see that Rolling Eyes

It looks cool and it's for a good cause but the $10+ shippings cost kinda bugs me. Any chance of the shirt being shipped from Europe in the near future?
Back to top Go down
joshyboytyler
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
joshyboytyler

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Yeah the shipping to Europe's a real killer everything takes ages to come too
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:30 pm

steph wrote:

Those cherry blossoms (indigenous to parts of Asia) are there for Japan, that's why I suppose it isn't like any other TGA shirt.

Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:02 pm

steph wrote:

Yeah I immediately thought of a shirt the National have. Still very cool though.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:05 pm

I am so buying that...
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Here's some info from the email about the shirt that addresses some of the questions here.

Why the cherry blossom?
Quote :
"In times of hardship and turmoil, and
in their darkest hour
the cherry blossom stands resilient and will always
continue to flower"

Why did I get the email?
Quote :
For some of The Gaslight's Anthem fans this may be the first time receiving a newletter from the band. We have integrated the band's homepage newsletter sign-up with the store sign-up, and we expect to run an informational newsletter releasing band news and announce promotional offers for band merchandise, which will certainly include the efforts of the fund raising for the Japanese Red Cross Society.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:12 am

That merch site definitely needs to be rebuilt, because as it stands, it looks like something I would have made in 1998. ha. But regardless, I ordered the shirt last night! I also ordered several things from there a while back and it all worked out wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:45 am

I agree, not very "gaslight-ish" but I still think it's lovely and with a great cause like that, you can't go wrong Smile
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Agreed Eden, lovely shirt.

I was asked by my college to perform in this Japan fundraiser going on tomorrow. Included in my set-list is Wherefore art thou, Elvis? There's usually Gaslight in my sets lol.

Btw..
100TH POST GASKNIGHTS!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan    New  Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gaslight T-Shirt for Japan
Page 1 of 1