DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?

Go down 
+3
JJW319
tyoac
SuperBrickDude
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperBrickDude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SuperBrickDude

[Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Empty
PostSubject: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:37 am

According to Setlist.fm, Brian sang Blood Bank during at least these three shows:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2010/tonhalle-munich-germany-5bd56380.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2010/o2-academy-bristol-bristol-england-5bd50740.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2010/macewan-hall-calgary-ab-canada-5bd5e7ac.html

Someone's gotta have an audio...video...anything recording of this. It's my favorite band covering my favorite band. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
tyoac
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:24 am

i know this is kinda old but it seems they did that again and id love to hear that as well. i just couldnt find a yt clip yet..
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Oh sweet Jesus that would be so blissful to hear.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Wasn't aware they had done it before. Brian seemed really pleased with himself after the song saying he didn't know if it was going to work.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 pm

here's a clip from last night's webcast. the quality isn't the best but it is what it is.

simo wrote:
Wasn't aware they had done it before. Brian seemed really pleased with himself after the song saying he didn't know if it was going to work.

they played it a few times in 2010 for sure. I know I saw it but I don't remember it being nearly as long as the St Louis version. so killer.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:46 pm

Wow that was pretty extended.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent. Blood bank is one of the best songs ever.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Have you ever played it in it's tuning? It's so nifty. It's like D G# C G G D I think.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:52 pm

The company owns aux filed a copyright claim against the video on youtube. Since the video was going to be blocked worldwide, I have deleted it to restore my account to good standing. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:24 am

JJW319 wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Have you ever played it in it's tuning? It's so nifty. It's like D G# C G G D I think.
Damn dude that sounds crazy, gotta try that.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 am

My undying love to whoever can supply audio. Bon Iver is simply magic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?    [Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Request] Gaslight covering Blood Bank during Angry Johnny?
Page 1 of 1