DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hi everyone from italy!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

hi everyone from italy! Empty
PostSubject: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Ilaria, almost 22 years old foreign languages student from southern Italy!
Long time lurker, I've just decided to "break the ice" and introduce myself Smile
i'm kind of a newbie to gasligh anthem, a friend of mine made me listen to them a few months ago and since then they've been the only thing i've been listening to! really hope to catch them on tour this year!

if you've got any questions just ask away!
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Welcome! Glad to see Gaslight fans worldwide!

As just a fan of a few months, do you have all the releases?

Sink or Swim
Senor and the Queen EP
59 Sound
American Slang

If there is any you don't have be sure to check it out! And check out the "Audio" section for many acoustic tracks from radio sessions, as well as live tracks and more Gaslight goodies!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Welcome! =)

from where in Italy exactly? i've been to Rome a few times and i absolutely love it!

and what other bands / artists are you into?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:35 am

@JJW319 yepp, I have everything and I'm also slooowly (very slowly, you know shipping to italy from america is EXTREMELY expensive ahah) buying everything! but I've already downloaded some of the bootlegs in here, thank you!! I regret so much missing them in Italy :/

@bea thanks Very Happy my region is called "Puglia", to make it easy it's the "heel of the boot"! Rome is absolutely one of my favorite cities but it's too damn chaotic for me!
as for music, this is my last.fm account: http://www.lastfm.it/user/Plug_in_baby ! I really listen to everything but I've been really into brand new, frank turner, the national and mogwai in this period.. (apart from gaslight, of course)
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 am

i've been obsessed with Frank Turner for the past few months. first it was Gaslight, then him xD have you heard his last EP? i'm sure you have, it's sooo good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:25 am

ciao ilaria, come stai?
oh e benvenuto all nuostro fan-forum

sono gia stato in puglia, hai fatto vacanze con la mia famiglia sull gargano a ho visto le attrazione turistice.
mia piace molto puglia, la cucina e fantastico e le gente sono gentile. e il mare... =) bello

ciao dell' austria

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:26 am

oh e "scott pilgrim vs the world" e un film molto allegro <3
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 am

grazie per il benvenuto, adoro anche io scott pilgrim Very Happy
I'm glad you enjoyed puglia, it's a nice place.. tho I'm moving out of here as soon as I graduate! Very Happy
how did you learn italian?! not the easiest language!

@bea yepp! I absolutely love the way he writes his lyrics, he's got talent!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 pm

1. i grew up next to the italian border, so there's a huge exchange between italy and austria for shopping travelling and eating matters, so it would be a shame not to know the language.
2. i've been to almost every part of italy, i love it so much.
3. i can speak french and latin too, so it was not too hard to actually learn.
4. my teacher in school didn't care too muh about the grammer, most of the courses we sat in a cafe and just talked to each other. a way better way of teaching a language than usual methods.
5. i guess german grammer is even harder than the italian^^

so where do you want to go to after graduate? to the italian north or out of the country?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Grazer wrote:
1. i grew up next to the italian border, so there's a huge exchange between italy and austria for shopping travelling and eating matters, so it would be a shame not to know the language.
2. i've been to almost every part of italy, i love it so much.
3. i can speak french and latin too, so it was not too hard to actually learn.
4. my teacher in school didn't care too muh about the grammer, most of the courses we sat in a cafe and just talked to each other. a way better way of teaching a language than usual methods.
5. i guess german grammer is even harder than the italian^^

so where do you want to go to after graduate? to the italian north or out of the country?

1. of course, didn't think about that!
3. I'm studying french at university but I was absolutely crap with latin at school, maybe I was just a bad student Razz
4. that is true, it's also fun Very Happy
5. not sure if it's harder but I do have an idea of your grammar, I'm learning russian too and the two grammars are surprisingly similar!

I'm moving out of the country, I'll be studying in NY for a month then we'll see!

Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:47 pm

The National is absolutely mind-blowing.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm

totally agree, slow show gives me shivers everytime I listen to it, I just love matt's voice!
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Such a chilling band.

"Runaway" might be my current favorite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi everyone from italy!   hi everyone from italy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi everyone from italy!
Page 1 of 1