DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

amazing TGA signed charity poster

Go down 
+8
LittleSkill
Shrewsbury_Stars
Bea
fullcollapse
J.B.R.
19thirty
Jeff
steady now steady now
12 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

amazing TGA signed charity poster Empty
PostSubject: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:38 pm

check this out; there are several for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330508211126

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330508211163

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330508211153

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330508211189

as the charity seller won't accept bids from some locations, ie. mine Mad , could someone US based bid on my behalf (pm me)?

amazing TGA signed charity poster !C!GCHw!CWk~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ez(pUcEsGBNBsriCHtg~~_12
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jeff
A Contender
A Contender
Jeff

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:05 pm

I think it would be cooler if the back of the jacket said "The Sons of Regret" but still the coolest poster they've had in a good long while.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

These posters are going to go for a ton!!! Would like to have one but probably will be too expensive ...especially at this time of the year!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:22 am

these sold for between $77 to $97

although someone kindly offered to bid on my behalf, I gave it a miss in the end, as the premium was really for the signatures, when all I wanted was the poster
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:12 pm

I am so bummed I missed this. I wanted one, and I was going to bid before going to bed, my gf told me not to and just do it the next day. I read the time wrong and I thought it ended at 9pm when it really was 9am, forgot that ebay uses the 24hr clock. So bummed.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:27 pm

I told my husband to go to $100 for one, since it was for charity, although I just want the poster and prefer to get things signed personally if at all. He didn't get off his ass and bid from the computer, and his phone app didn't work for it.

We used to see shows at that place all the time and iirc, we still have a kind of membership there... he's going to see if we can contact someone through that and find out if they have any unsigned posters left, as well as the artist who made it.

We're heading to Ohio this evening. In a perfect world, we'd tack on an hour trip to Columbus to fork over mass quantities of money for a poster. ha. Alexander, I'll mention that you're in need of one, and we'll see if there's any chance of them having two laying around still.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:30 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Alexander, I'll mention that you're in need of one, and we'll see if there's any chance of them having two laying around still.

I love you
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:45 pm

The guy's name is Clinton Reno. His work is GORGEOUS.

We've left a message with someone at the concert venue. We talked to a guy who put us through to the voicemail of someone who might know about the possible existence of extra posters. We also shot the artist a message via his site... apparently he even has a studio that's open by appointment.

Just wanted to update. Hopefully we can track down a couple of these because it's my favorite design so far!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Well that was quick! There are posters left. Most likely heading to Columbus within an hour to get 'em.

Is anyone interested in one of these? I'm waiting to hear how much he wants for them; most tend to be $20, and I'd just want that cost plus exact shipping costs!

This has made my Christmas, I'll tell you that much!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Alright, $25 is what he's asking! En route now. 3 are called for: mine and two other forum members. We're asking for 6 total so three are still up for grabs; $25 plus the exact cost of sturdy poster mailer and shipping (to be determined when we get the mailer tubes and by where you live). My husband has great ebay, amazon, and Vinyl Collective cred, if anyone's nervous.

I'm also going to ask about why he doesn't have them for sale on his site, like he does other things, because it would be great to just point everyone in that direction!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:30 pm

cool! Very Happy way cheaper than buying them on ebay. even if it was for a good cause, people went crazy (again) for the autographs...
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:36 pm

I love it when a plan comes together. Well done.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 pm

Might be a new development: he only has one at home but might have more in the studio, which he won't know for sure until much later today, but we can't be in Columbus that late; however, he has been planning on putting them up on his site, so fans might be able to order directly from him. I will keep updating! Looks like anyone who wants one should be able to get it.

I'll keep updating. Sounds like he wants to sell them online. In that event, I'll give all the details I can as I get them!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Alright, here's the deal... he was not home but arranged for his wife to make the sale and talk to us. This was extremely awesome of him and I am ridiculously happy!

He had one at his house, which we just picked up; whatever posters remain, which may only be a few, are in his car which is not at his house at the moment.

If he has "enough" left they should be put up on his site next week. He will ship internationally. However, if there are too few left, he won't be comfortable posting them since "there's no shutoff for sales for when it sells out"... in this case, I will most likely just buy the remainders from him and have them shipped to me (I'm heading back to Chicago on Christmas day) and I'll dole them out to you guys, or something would be worked out. According to his wife, he's a big TGA fan, and would want the posters to go to other fans! Proof of his love for the band is in the details of this thing. I'm doing this from my phone right now so I don't know how detailed the charity auction picture gets; on my iPhone, I can't see these details, so I'm going to leave these here... I got chills when I noticed how much effort was put into this:

https://2img.net/h/i190.photobucket.com/albums/z101/the_cautioners/0a854325.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i190.photobucket.com/albums/z101/the_cautioners/1cfa4258.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i190.photobucket.com/albums/z101/the_cautioners/903884b9.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i190.photobucket.com/albums/z101/the_cautioners/5f47ac0c.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i190.photobucket.com/albums/z101/the_cautioners/277ab045.jpg

Anyway, he will stay in touch and hopefully we'll figure out how to get whatever remains to some of you guys. I'll remain on standby if I need to get them and send them out! ha. Also? Limited to 80. Yeah. This thing is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
LittleSkill
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:40 pm

It would be awesome to get one of this. Love it. bounce
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:00 pm

"there are no reasons to believe I buried my faith in another plot"
i hadn't noticed that before. Can't wait to get one of these Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Love this - can't wait to get my hands on one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:44 pm

I seriously lack the funds for this, would really want one =(
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:20 pm

I do love it when shit like this works out Smile
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:57 am

Awesome, will be looking out on his site!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

@fullcollapse: got any more news on this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: amazing TGA signed charity poster   amazing TGA signed charity poster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

amazing TGA signed charity poster
Page 1 of 1