DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Waits fans

Go down 
+3
riversedge
xstevenbx
media
7 posters
AuthorMessage
media
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
media

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 pm

For those of you not aware, you should check out Wristcutters: A Love Story

also for fans of shannyn sossamon, because she's a fucking dame.
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 pm

seen that movie more than 10 times...also Gogol Bordello music is in the film.
Back to top Go down
media
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
media

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 am

Yeah gogol is sick. I've had the DVD stolen twice from me. I want to get the soundtrack album art tattooed on me. It's viewable on YouTube, if you look up Gogol's "Occurrence on the Border."

//edit i'm talking about the wristcutters DVD/soundtrack, not Gogol's album art.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 pm

That movie was pretty cool. If you're interested in Tom Wait's acting, check out Down by Law, it's a great movie. Also, it was inspired casting on Terry Gilliam's part to have Tom Waits play the devil in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I heard he's also in Book of Eli, playing a shady vendor, I haven't seen it, but I can just picture him playing that.
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:31 pm

I have seen Down By Law, prolly my favorite Tom Waits movie...Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was pretty good and I hated Book of Eli in general.

I had netflix over summer so I went out of my way to watch as many Tom Waits movies I could
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:13 pm

]

A pretty interesting documentary about Tom Waits. Covers his Island years and beyond.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Heard his new single?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:53 pm

How do i watch that? it says it is private.
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:10 pm

media wrote:
For those of you not aware, you should check out Wristcutters: A Love Story

also for fans of shannyn sossamon, because she's a fucking dame.

I was looking all over for this thread! haha, thanks for mentioning this movie! It's one of my favortites now! Tom Waits is so great in it. Shannyn Sassamon is like a hero to me! Check out her music!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:56 pm

I love that movie. I only watched it because of Tom Waits' name on the cover. I didn't know anything about it and it was a great surprise that it was so good.
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Same here, simo. I wish I could find more movies like it, and trust me I have searched through so many shitty movies. Anyway, back to Waits, I gotta hear this new single asap!!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 pm

So guys, I've started listening to Tom Waits and I've only got his Rain Dogs album, and am familiar with some other songs like Alice, Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis, & Tom Traubert's Blues. Are there any songs / albums I need to check out? It's strange getting into an artist like Tom when there's so much to listen to haha
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Rain Dogs is awesome...I would check out Heart of a Saturday Night and then Nighthawks on the Diner.
Back to top Go down
nivek87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
So guys, I've started listening to Tom Waits and I've only got his Rain Dogs album, and am familiar with some other songs like Alice, Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis, & Tom Traubert's Blues. Are there any songs / albums I need to check out? It's strange getting into an artist like Tom when there's so much to listen to haha

If you like Tom Traubert's Blues and Christmas Card from a Hooker you will probably like any prior release like The Heart of Saturday Night, Closing Time, and Small Change (thats where Tom Trauberts Blues is from). Personally not a huge fan of the live album Nighthawks.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks guys; I think I'm gonna check out Small Change and the Heart of Saturday Night. Probably Blue Valentine too, since I love his version of Somewhere from West Side Story on that album. It rules!
Back to top Go down
nivek87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:33 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Thanks guys; I think I'm gonna check out Small Change and the Heart of Saturday Night. Probably Blue Valentine too, since I love his version of Somewhere from West Side Story on that album. It rules!

Don't forget about his debut album Closing Time. 10/10 album
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:23 am

i'll be sure to check that one out too. thanks again for the suggestions guys this is pretty damn helpful
Back to top Go down
nivek87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:16 am

post your thoughts after you listen. I love to talk earlier years Waits.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 am

I got into Waits through the Asylum compilation... it's a great collection of his melodic/early years. Has some really good tracks Smile
Back to top Go down
nivek87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 pm

riversedge wrote:
I got into Waits through the Asylum compilation... it's a great collection of his melodic/early years. Has some really good tracks Smile

The only problem I have with the Asylum comp is it leaves off so many great songs. All of the records he put out on Asylum are such gems and not playing them front to back don't do the individual songs justice.

EDIT: The Aslyum Years has such awesome album art.
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Been listening to Rain Dogs a lot lately.

Love Downtown Rain.
Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Been listening to Rain Dogs a lot lately.

Love Downtown Rain.

Rain Dogs is such a great album. One of my all time favorites. More people in the world need to start loving Tom Waits!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tom Waits fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom Waits fans   Tom Waits fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Waits fans
Page 1 of 1