DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland

Go down 
+23
bt211
B701
jesterdude
LuceroDiehard
swampdevil
redinthemorning
Clementine
azlisa
Bea
steady now steady now
wonderson189
rxpr0x
Johnny99
xorcist
J.B.R.
amberfoyd
rem999
colmillionaire
loazis
Shrewsbury_Stars
Daire
NeverTrustAJunkie
IKeeptheDiner
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:53 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
this sure is a bit wacky; will we get them all on stage together at the end doing 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' ?

and I wonder which lot of fans bought most of the tickets; will there be anyone in there yet when TGA play or, alternatively, will everyone have left by the time MCR come on?

From what I have read on this board and the replies on Facebook to this announcement I am leaning toward that MCR fans will fund this show.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:59 pm

like them or not, MCR are way bigger than TGA and have a huge fanbase... so i agree with JBR: 'MCR fans will fund this show', although it doesn't mean there won't be lots of Gaslight fans or even fans of both bands. i personally don't have anything against this, i think is cool that bands play a show from time to time with other bands that are different than them, mixing up a little once in a while is not such a band thing (which doesn't mean Gaslight should now go on tour with MCR or alikes, god save us all if that happens..)
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:12 am

this sure is a bit wacky; will we get them all on stage together at the end doing 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' ?

That would be quite something, wouldn't it?! ha

About the price- yes, it was $12.60 in fees, making it a starting price of $43.50.

Well, I guess I'll continue to wave the Gaslight flag for you all into MCR's set as I sing along with all the 'tweeners to "Helena."
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 am

I actually love both bands and WISH I lived there!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 am

So....I'm a long time My Chem fan and I've gotta defend the boys. Knowing them personally, they're some of the nicest/nerdiest guys you could meet. And being a Jersey girl myself, I understand the comradery felt amongst patrons of the state and the jersey "punk" scene. You play the same basements, bars, clubs, and festivals. Even though the current end product from the 2 bands may not parallel each other too closely now...the roots are the same. Trust me...you can find a My Chem and Gaslight fan in one. Two different kind of shows but reaching the same end result...a solid ass kicking melt your face off good time performance.
Back to top Go down
redinthemorning
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:04 pm

I for one am excited for this gig. It'll be the sixth time I've seen MCR. More importantly, I am going to my first Gaslight show!

rem999 wrote:
this is a complete joke.

Regardless of you feelings about My Chem's music, they always turn out a fantastic, energetic show. I'll also attest to Clementine's post; they're stand-up guys who do a lot for their fans (I'm a pretty prolific member of their street team, and we were rewarded for our work on a regular basis).
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm

i saw MCR last year and honestly it wasn't such a great show... the sound was all off, the singer's voice was really weird and the guitars were hardly recognisable...
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 pm

'I'll also attest to Clementine's post; they're stand-up guys who do a lot for their fans (I'm a pretty prolific member of their street team, and we were rewarded for our work on a regular basis). [/quote]

They really are great, stand up guys...Aside from generous fan meet and greet time they give, they're very active with Make a Wish and other charities. They refrain from badmouthing others in the industry in public forums. They ask for responsible actions from their fans with positive messages ( they're in there despite their goofy macabre facade they've toted in the past). In fact, when My Chem began their break from touring 3 yrs ago (and there wasn't going to be any new material out from them for some time) I was desperately looking for a "new" band with the same standards and kindness that I could sink into and enjoy as much that we could catch a live show from...that's when I stumbled on Gaslight. For those who aren't My Chem fans, give them a chance. Get over their theatrical Day of the Dead or vampire shit they promoted and really listen to them....they're great fun...a solid Jersey band.
Back to top Go down
rem999
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rem999

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 am

redinthemorning wrote:
I for one am excited for this gig. It'll be the sixth time I've seen MCR. More importantly, I am going to my first Gaslight show!

rem999 wrote:
this is a complete joke.

Regardless of you feelings about My Chem's music, they always turn out a fantastic, energetic show. I'll also attest to Clementine's post; they're stand-up guys who do a lot for their fans (I'm a pretty prolific member of their street team, and we were rewarded for our work on a regular basis).

I'm not doubting them being stand up guys. Thats fine. It just strikes me as an odd match, and at $56 as well.
Back to top Go down
swampdevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
swampdevil

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:32 am

Not a MCR fan....will be skipping this gig for sure.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:46 pm

There are tickets for this on ebay if anyone is looking. I saw some at 99 cents last night, lol.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 pm

azlisa wrote:

totally. i am on both bands sides. if i had to see a band i disliked i'd do it for gaslight.. if i had to pick one over the other gaslight, though i have been a mcr fan for over 5 years now. they are cool dudes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:51 pm

amberfoyd wrote:
azlisa wrote:

totally. i am on both bands sides. if i had to see a band i disliked i'd do it for gaslight.. if i had to pick one over the other gaslight, though i have been a mcr fan for over 5 years now. they are cool dudes.

same here!!! the guys in MCR aren't any less hard working than TGA or any other band.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:21 pm

wow apparently the show was sold out in less than 5h:
http://thenjunderground.com/blog/2010/11/5/download-new-my-chemical-romance-song-roseland-ballroom-show.html
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Clementine wrote:
So....I'm a long time My Chem fan and I've gotta defend the boys. Knowing them personally, they're some of the nicest/nerdiest guys you could meet. And being a Jersey girl myself, I understand the comradery felt amongst patrons of the state and the jersey "punk" scene. You play the same basements, bars, clubs, and festivals. Even though the current end product from the 2 bands may not parallel each other too closely now...the roots are the same. Trust me...you can find a My Chem and Gaslight fan in one. Two different kind of shows but reaching the same end result...a solid ass kicking melt your face off good time performance.

Ok, so I thought I'd give this a try and downloaded the free track off their new album. Just didn't do anything for me, and when a gratuitous "m**f**er" got thrown in they lost me completely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 8:11 pm

i haven't heard any of their new stuff but The Black Parade as a whole concept is pretty good, it used to be on my record player all the time four years ago.. you should give that album a try
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:16 am

Clementine wrote:

Ok, so I thought I'd give this a try and downloaded the free track off their new album. Just didn't do anything for me, and when a gratuitous "m**f**er" got thrown in they lost me completely.

Their new stuff is crazier than their older stuff. Maybe you'd like "Helena".
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Clementine wrote:

Well at least you tried. Wink
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Gerard sang on Murder by Death's 2nd record, and it rules. I give em props for that. I abhor their music, gave it a try though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Just listed 2 tix for this show $80   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 am

in the Ticket Exchange
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
jesterdude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 pm

selling my two tickets now

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:RMDR&f=f#myEbayFilter315
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm

So I just scored a ticket for $25. Gaslight goes on at 8:35. MCR goes on at 10:00 (at which time I'm out of there).
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:19 am

Not a bad show for the $25 I paid. Gaslight played for exactly an hour. The crowd was overwhelmingly MCR fans . . . lots of screaming teenage girls. It was kind of sad that the first few rows from the stage barely moved during TGA's set. As I recall it, the set was as follows (in very loose order):

Spirit of Jazz
Boxer
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Bring it On
We Came to Dance
Diamond Church Street Choir
Old White Lincoln
Cowgirls
Miles Davis & the Cool
Orphans
Queen of Lower Chelsea
American Slang
Great Expectations
59 Sound
Backseats

Before the band came on it was announced that this would be their last show of the year.

During the set, Brian spoke a bit about how MCR are really good guys who deserved support. He also talked about how no one is really "from" Manhattan and that most people living in Manhattan are proably from Jersey.
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 am

thanks for the update. pretty damn good list if i say so myself!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:44 am

I shot this show (pics and the pro review later) and so after the first three songs I had to find a place to stand. I ended up having to watch from behind the stage Sad The downside (besides not having the same connection as actually facing the band) was that I could not understand anything Brian was saying in between songs. And I like his banter Sad I did hear something about him asking the crowd where they're from (?) and then something about how there were a lot of people in their 30's? What was that about?

Most definitely an MCR crowd. But I thought GA got a warm reception though not what they deserve. The MCR kids were definitely the majority. From where I stood for GA and MCR (for them I was back by the bar), the crowd hardly moved at all. But that's almost always the case with NYC crowds. I've talked to bands about it and have seen the same band in different cities, and I hate to say it but NYC (Manhattan) crowds mostly just stand around. I could see the front rows and you're right, they were mostly just staring it seemed. Except one guy who was really passionate about '59 Sound. I took a photo LOL There were a few stragglers mid-crowd who were animated enough to raise some fists here and there to GA.

I like MCR so I'll fill in the other few fans on here on their set. First off, random: Dr. Death Defying was in front of me at will call and I geeked out and said hello. Obviously he looks different in his street clothes but his face is unmistakable. He's played by this guy Steve in Mindless Self Indulgence.

Anyway, MCR's set list from my recollection:

Na Na Na..
Thank You For the Venom
Planetary Go
Desolation Row

then in no order:
Black Parade
Teenagers
Cancer
Mama
You Know What They Do...
Ghost of You
Helena
Sing
The Only Hope For Me is You
Destroya
The Kids From Yesterday

Am I crazy or did they not do I'm Not Ok? I might be crazy. They must have. Don't think I had heard Ghost of You live before (seen them twice). I was sorta disappointed because they really slowed it down, so the chorus loss some impact for me. I didn't like Destroya on the CD but really liked it live tonight for some reason. Otherwise DRow was a nice surprise. Will be interesting to see what they do at a normal headline show. They played long- I think about 2 hours. Or maybe 1h 45min.

But yeah, as far as GA's set I was really happy with what they played. Especially Boomboxes & Dictionaries. Was next to some super drunks who seemed to know their stuff so I didn't feel like a lone Gaslight flag waver. Checked out the merch - they only had three t-shirts up and the facelift El Jefe poster for $10. Bargain! Also, random again, saw the singer from Vision (? He was the one who came out to do Say I Won't... at Wellmont and sang for the band that went on right before GA) walking around.

I'll post the link for the review/pics when they're up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland   Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight with My Chemical Romance at Roseland
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next