DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group! Empty
PostSubject: Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group!   Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 am

Hey guys. My friend told me about this site and I got overly excited and had to create a profile immediately. My name's Keegan, and I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. Currently, I go to Georgia State University in downtown ATL, and I plan on majoring in audio production. I've got some amateur experience in recording, since I took a course on it in my last year in high school, and I've come to decide that that is probably the only profession of which I'm certain i could be good at. Music is what compels me to think and act the way i do, and it really does play an important role in my everyday life.

I discovered The Gaslight Anthem through exploring SideOneDummy records' website back in 2008 right when they started their North American Tour with Rise Against. I'm a pretty huge Flogging Molly fan, and I'm basically in love with every record that Ted Hutt has produced up to this point, so when I saw that a new album called "The '59 Sound" (Which by the way attracted me immediately because of the name) was released, I gave it a listen and thought, "Hey, these guys might be pretty good.". Little did I know they soon were going to be my favorite band on the freaking planet, and that I was going to devote a very big portion of my weekly paycheck to buy oodles of merch from them. I've seen them three times at this point, and if I had more time and money I would travel to see them in surrounding states, but I've never left a show without feeling completely lifted. Brian's lyrics get me more than anything, and I believe that these guys have a very meaningful story behind how they came to succeed, and how they work as a group. I have an immense amount of respect for the members, and I feel really fortunate that I've been able to talk with them at least a little bit after the shows.

I could go on and on about these guys - I just love them that much. I have a feeling that being on this site will grant me a bit more insight on the group, tours, etc.. It's pretty exciting to be truthful. Very Happy

So I guess that's my story. Thanks to whoever created this site. It's pretty rad. :]

-Keegan
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group!   Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Welcome aboard Keegan, sounds like you'll fit in quite well ^^
Back to top Go down

Hey there! Finally a site where I can rant excessively about my favorite group!
Page 1 of 1