DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arcade Fire

Go down 
+7
Philo
simo
Better Sense
drifter69
kieran
ThisMachineKillsFascists
clashcityrocker
11 posters
AuthorMessage
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:24 am

How is there not already a thread for this band? What does everyone think about "The Suburbs"?
Back to top Go down

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:58 am

havn't listened to the suburbs yet. I did listen the hell out of Neon Bible when I came out.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:30 am

I like The Suburbs. So far it's in my top 3 of 2010, along with American Slang and The National's High Violet.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 am

I dont like the new album as much as Funeral but that would be pretty hard to top right? It is still a fucking good album though don't get me wrong just didn't hit me the same way funeral did right of the bat.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:48 pm

all 3 albums are classics,loving the new album but agree with kieran,hard to top funeral and neon bible,gotta be up there though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Better Sense
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Better Sense

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:52 pm

I love Funeral and think Neon Bible is great, but for some reason i just haven't got round to buying The Suburbs.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:20 pm

drifter69 wrote:
all 3 albums are classics,loving the new album but agree with kieran,hard to top funeral and neon bible,gotta be up there though.

I think it edges Neon Bible but as already said all good.
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I really loved The Suburbs, I think it might be one of the most fitting records for this period of American history, what with the recession and all.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Just got The Suburbs, haven't listened to it yet, although I really like the first couple tracks.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Really love the Sububs, brilliant album from a brilliant band. Worth a shout for Album of 2010

Seen them live in July and they were amazing, theyre like a force of nature of stage! Completly mesmerising!
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Seen them live in July and they were amazing, theyre like a force of nature of stage! Completly mesmerising![/quote]

Lucky
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:26 pm

clashcityrocker wrote:

Seen them live in July and they were amazing, theyre like a force of nature of stage! Completly mesmerising!

Lucky[/quote]

They were playing the Oxegen festival over here and were simply outstanding. Their set clashed with David Guetta and FatBoySlim so they had a smallish crowd really but we were able to get real close to the stage! It was uneal
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 pm

People choose them over Arcade Fire! Madness!
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 pm

kieran wrote:
People choose them over Arcade Fire! Madness!

I know! Complete madness like. Most of the people i went with hadnt even heard of Arcade Fire. Theyre loss i s'ppose
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

This thread is anther one of many threads in this section of the forum that makes me love this place. The sheer diveristy of music taste is awesome and shows just how broad the appeal of Gaslight is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm

anyone check out Reflektor? super pumped for their new album
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:40 pm

reflektor reminds me a lot of the last daft punk album.... never really heard anything by arcade fire so i can't say if its better/ worse than the old stuff. i like it but its nothing special Razz buuuut the french bit is just great (yeah i love french songs Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 am

you can really hear the James Murphy influence on the new track

(that means i love it)
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjqUEMlHTY
new album streaming

I thought I'd share my thoughts on the album coming from the perspective of someone who loves both Gaslight and Arcade Fire.
alright, bear in mind that this is coming from a guy who loves Arcade Fire's first three albums, especially the Suburbs:

I think Reflektor kinda sucks. It seems like Arcade Fire took all of the overindulgent arty and pretentious parts of their band and focused on those parts to make this album.
I think all the viral marketing and hype surrounding it did the album a disservice. I honestly have never been more disappointed with an album after first listen.
I really dislike the mix, and I feel the album was written in a similarly sloppy, muddled way. The songs are unstructured, the instrumental breaks seem long and uninspired, and the lyrics don't really make much sense to me, like they were forced to write the album in a week.
And I've gotten sick of Regine's interjections in French, she's almost like Yoko Ono's vocals when she would perform with John Lennon.
I dislike the ambient sounds that seem to take up a lot of the album's running time, to me that always spells out overindulgence, and just doesn't interest me as a listener.
In short, I am really sad to see that the band seems to have thrown away almost all the aspects of their sound that I enjoyed in an attempt to "branch out." It seems like a ton of people are in love with the album though, though i suspect a large number of them make comments online after getting to "We Exist," the 2nd track, instead of listening to the whole thing. Just a suspicion Rolling Eyes 

I'd love to hear what you guys think, especially someone who disagrees, to hear a well thought-out opinion about what you really enjoyed about Reflektor
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Thunder Peel

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Reflektor is good but nothing outstanding. I feel like they allowed experimentation to outweigh melodies and memorable songs. I give them credit for being ambitious but there's nothing here that really grabs me the way songs like Rebellion (Lies), The Well and the Lighthouse, or Suburban War do. I like it but I'll be honest and say that I'm finding their pretentious and heavy-handed nature a bit more difficult to swallow. I always tolerated it because the songs were good enough to warrant it. I can't really say that this time around.

It's a decent album but one that works better as background noise than a fully immersive experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arcade Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade Fire   Arcade Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arcade Fire
Page 1 of 1