DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharks

Go down 
+50
thomas94
33RPMHero
OldManShoes3
FelixMA
DeathoftheCool
bringiton_ty
J.B.R.
The Angry Johnny Revue
holdsteady82
holdonnow
Ghost
nebraska
bringiton
Jagveer ///
myfuneralparty
JadedGoober7
moreblue
Camus
steph
joshyboytyler
plugga
Harbortown
TheEmptyBones
Christophe
riversedge
NeverTrustAJunkie
carryon820
Stalls_Standing
kieran
Holland
Gaslight23
TGAFAN25
simo
908-Billy
swampdevil
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Sinngh
Jay
NDTGA
JJW319
Little Eden
MxBx!
the constant
Bea
loazis
Tobi
GaslightCeltic
Rock bus
anarkistbavern
steady now steady now
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

https://www.facebook.com/eljefedesign/posts/341452025974959?comment_id=1700985&ref=notif&notif_t=share_reply

Just ordered my bundle for the new album coming out at the end of April. Everyone needs to listen to this band. They are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:07 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/eljefedesign/posts/341452025974959?comment_id=1700985&ref=notif&notif_t=share_reply

Just ordered my bundle for the new album coming out at the end of April. Everyone needs to listen to this band. They are awesome.

Yep they do. Can't wait for end of April and then I am seeing them for the fourth time on May 8 cheers
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yk9RcqEJDo
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 pm

and the ultimate bundle comes with a great El Jefe poster

Sharks - Page 11 470x470

http://merchnow.com/products/155909/sharks-ultimate-bundle
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
33RPMHero
Wooderson
Wooderson
33RPMHero

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:08 pm

steady now steady now wrote:

Sharks - Page 11 470x470

That is the bundle I purchased. 40 dollars for all that merchandise....I couldnt pass it up. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. The El Jefe poster also stuck out at me.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 pm

I need to get my hands on that bundle.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 pm

33RPMHero wrote:
steady now steady now wrote:

Sharks - Page 11 470x470

That is the bundle I purchased. 40 dollars for all that merchandise....I couldnt pass it up. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. The El Jefe poster also stuck out at me.

This poster is absolutely great; in my opinion even one of the best works Jefe created over the years.

I'd have immediately purchased this if I'd be a real Sharks fan. Since their sound has never really catched me, the poster wouldn't have a real meaning to me ( just like all the Gaslight or Horrible Crowes posters meaning something to me) if I'd order it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Hey,

Checked out some stuff just through streaming iTunes previews.

Can anyone tell me where to start or what are some essential Shark lp's or ep's?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey I would check out No Gods first. Technically their debut album and just a really great record (right up there with Handwritten for my album of 2012 in my opinion). They have recently released their second full length Selfhood and that is another great album. They also put together a compilation called The Joys Of Living which compiled their previous early recordings and EPs. It's all great music though I would just work your way through it all! Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 am

I couldn't agree more that 'No Gods' is the album to get, it's fantastic. I actually prefer it to Handwritten on the whole.

Joys Of Living is also mostly excellent, too. I can't really get into Selfhood as much sadly, I find it's a bit samey and kind of all blends into one at times.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 am

Ghost wrote:
I couldn't agree more that 'No Gods' is the album to get, it's fantastic. I actually prefer it to Handwritten on the whole.

Joys Of Living is also mostly excellent, too. I can't really get into Selfhood as much sadly, I find it's a bit samey and kind of all blends into one at times.

I would persevere with Selfhood. I felt exactly the same after a couple of listens it just wasn't doing a lot for me. It is quite different from No Gods particularly the way it is produced but once you get used to that it is a really enjoyable record. Then after a couple more listens it just clicked and I started to really like each song individually instead of feeling like they blended into one another. Now Gold has easily become my favourite Sharks song. I Won't Taint is also a really great track.
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Some of you may be interested in reading the review I have done on the new sharks album
Some other stuff you might want to check out as well, especially banquets Wink

http://www.mudkiss.com/junealbums13.htm
Back to top Go down
Ghost
A Contender
A Contender
Ghost

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:46 am

Surprised nobody has mentioned this...but Sharks have split up Sad

Quote :
"To all our fans,

We're sorry to announce that the four of us have decided to end our journey as Sharks.

Unfortunately all of our upcoming dates have been cancelled and we have no plans as of yet to play any final shows. We sincerely apologise to anyone who has bought tickets or were planning to buy tickets to any of these shows. On a positive note, we have just finished making a brand new music video for 'Gold' with our good friend Tom Lacey, which we'll be releasing for all of you in the coming weeks. We will also be holding a sale on all of the remaining Sharks shirts we have available, none of which will be re-printed.

We want to thank all of you for the incredible support you've given us over the last six years. We've been lucky enough to take Sharks all over the world and befriend many wonderful people along the way. It's given us so much joy to share our music with you. So with this farewell, we leave you with three records of which we are immensely proud of—The Joys of Living 2008-2010, No Gods, and Selfhood—which we hope you'll continue to enjoy long into the future.

We would also like to send a special thanks to our close friends and family and the great team of people we've had the pleasure of working with over the years -- Oliver Mitchell, Ross Warnock, Matthew Gordner and everyone at Rise Records, Ben Husted and Raw Power Management, Andy Somers and The Agency Group, BB Gun Press, Coffeebreath & Heartache, Vinyl Junkie and Swagger City Records.

Thank you, friends!

James, Andrew, Sam and Carl xxxx"
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:37 am

Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 am

Gutted, great band Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Never got into them in a huge way but 'Til The Wonders Rise is a very good song and I feel for their fans. It always sucks to see a young band break up.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Always thought they were little over-hyped. The early EP's were good but the full length were mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharks - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharks   Sharks - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharks
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11