DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?

Go down 
+94
lol_paul_ledoux
GuitarMike
ral
rumham
jonester
THE-MIST-OF-THE-COOL
thebiglebowski
Andy_
guitarguy121
StitchesOnTheRadio
Hanswurst
Klown
redheadchick
snick
njguy99
brucesboots
LaGuitarLady
HorribleCrowe
'49mercury
Danieljsmith
Camus
Clementine
The Major
Red_Heels
DeathoftheCool
mirrorenigma
Rob Himself
Keeb631
AmSlang59
J_Bizness
TheBoss
The M
Prisoner
Debonair
Harbortown
luckysparks
I am Incinerator
xxxje
StopAndSlideToTheRight
nebraska
loazis
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Gaslight23
WhoCares
Nollaf 59
Mechamunky
Bea
plugga
riversedge
AudreyHepburnPearls
The Angry Johnny Revue
Christophe
Grant Michael
joshyboytyler
RockNRollOut
CASANOVA, BILLY!
AngryJohnnyN1930
BuddyHolly
Templeton
RobertODonnell
oh_megan
lucasgaslight59
steph
Jack
IAmDisappeared
media
Crockin
Ghost To Coast
Silver
Philo
IFeelBlue
ThisMachineKillsFascists
theBasemen
JimmyB
KappaV
DaveSavedTheDay
JJW319
gp
Regarded
lynchyeatspizza
simo
Holland
carryon820
OutOfStep
amberfoyd
CluckyB
TGAFAN25
Reinvent good times
Jay
clashcityrocker
drifter69
eZc
enola
Casey
98 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 pm

AmSlang59 wrote:
Basically, if you could pick a song for the boys to cover, what would it be? My top three:

Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Bob Seger - Night Moves (Would kill to see Brian sing this.)
Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me (Not sure why; I just feel like, lyrically, it's something Brian might write or relate to. I feel he could put some soul in there.)

Brian would do the most amazing job singing Night Moves!

Sticking with Bob Seger, how about Hollywood Nights?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Sticking with Bob Seeger....How about Like a rock, Feel like a number, Turn The Page, or Beautiful Loser?
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
AmSlang59 wrote:
Does anyone else think it might be cool to see them cover "new" bands? In the way that they covered Fake Problems? I would love to see them cover Against Me!.

Brian has covered 'Harsh Realms' which is a Tom Gabel song

also Against Me! is like ten years old, hardly a new band. Razz
Hahah Smile You know what I meant! New, in terms of what they people are used to TGA covering. They killed the Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson covers. But to be fair, THC did the Katy Perry cover and Fallon did the Kelly Clarkson cover solo, but you get where I am going. I would love to see Brian do some covers of any country songs. "Hey Good Lookin'" by Hank Williams would be great.
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:09 am

JimmyB wrote:
Sticking with Bob Seeger....How about Like a rock, Feel like a number, Turn The Page, or Beautiful Loser?
Not gonna lie, I haven't listened to anything other than Night Moves and Old Time by Bob Seger :X I'll check those out!

EDIT: Anyone think TGA could do something cool with "I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow" by Soggy Bottom Boys?
Back to top Go down
Keeb631
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Keeb631

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:59 am

The Beatles- Let it be. or Bob Marley- no woman no cry.

I know its definitely out of their norm, but how awesome would that be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ItsCoreyBrah

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Awww, I would love to hear a Let It Be cover!
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm a huge country fan and would love to see them cover these:

Brooks & Dunn - Red Dirt Road (Lyrically, it's pretty damn close to something Brian might write)
Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me
Back to top Go down
Rob Himself
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Rob Himself

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Chris Cornell's cover of Billy Jean by Michael Jackson, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0uWF-37DAM

I think Brian would destroy Cornell.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Rob Himself wrote:
Chris Cornell's cover of Billy Jean by Michael Jackson, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0uWF-37DAM

I disagree, Cornell is the better singer.
Back to top Go down
Rob Himself
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Rob Himself

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Rob Himself wrote:

Agree to disagree Cool
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Rob Himself wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Rob Himself wrote:

Agree to disagree Cool
As much as I love Brian's voice, he doesn't nearly have as much control over it as Cornell does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 pm

I agree...Chris Cornell's voice is tooo awesome...his range is crazy...not too many people out there that can sing like him.
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:38 am

I would love to see Gaslight do a CURE cover as they are my favourite band.... especially a song like "From the edge of the deep green sea" which I think will be extremely suitable for Brian's voice...

And Just Like Heaven
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 am

mirrorenigma wrote:
I would love to see Gaslight do a CURE cover as they are my favourite band.... especially a song like "From the edge of the deep green sea" which I think will be extremely suitable for Brian's voice...

And Just Like Heaven

YESSSS i love The Cure so much

but you know they did cover The Cure before, right?

http://vimeo.com/2077559
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 am

haha omg, thank u so much! :-D

I swear all the bands i like are also Cure fans!!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 am

haha, no problem! i love The Cure, too, so i was psyched to hear that cover, too. even though it's not the full band, it's still cool, and i like how it's not one of the more well-known Cure songs. have you ever gotten to see The Cure live??

i think "Just Like Heaven" is my ringtone right now. ugh, i'm in such a Cure mood now!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am

just like heaven is definitely the template for old white lincoln. listen to the two back to back
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:19 am

and let's not forget the pictures of you outro to ladykiller!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKo3-hblwIc
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:19 am

I've never had the chance to see any of my favourite bands live coz they don't come here!! The Cure did at one point but I was living in the UK when they came! :-(

If I could put Just Like Heaven on the iphone as a ring tone.. it wouldve been mine too!

it's my favourite song of all time! x
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:

Wow. If you didn't say it... i wouldve been able to recognise... and ive heard JLH probably a thousand times!!

such massive influence!!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:25 am

yeah, i think they have said in interviews that the cure is alex r's favorite band, and is the main influence for his guitar parts.
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
yeah, i think they have said in interviews that the cure is alex r's favorite band, and is the main influence for his guitar parts.

I did not know that! :-) But its always nice to find out how much these newer bands i like love the cure

Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
just like heaven is definitely the template for old white lincoln. listen to the two back to back

i've heard that lots of times, but i've never listened to them back to back to try and hear it. i'll have to do that. it's weird that OWL isn't higher on my list of favorite Gaslight songs then, if it's so similar to JLH!

DeathoftheCool wrote:

i never saw that video before now! that's awesome. weird, though, since it's the Horrible Crowes and not Gaslight, since Alex R. is the one who loves The Cure...
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 am

mirrorenigma wrote:
I've never had the chance to see any of my favourite bands live coz they don't come here!! The Cure did at one point but I was living in the UK when they came! :-(

If I could put Just Like Heaven on the iphone as a ring tone.. it wouldve been mine too!

it's my favourite song of all time! x

ahh, that sucks!

i've seen them twice. i was so happy they played "Disintegration" the second time, that's probly my favorite Cure song. but yeah, "Just Like Heaven" is one of my favorite songs ever...i looove the beginning!
Back to top Go down
mirrorenigma
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mirrorenigma

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:32 am

When did they play disintegration? I guess there's no video? Btw the Vimeo video didnt work for my country i think!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next