DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?

Go down 
+95
lol_paul_ledoux
GuitarMike
ral
rumham
jonester
THE-MIST-OF-THE-COOL
thebiglebowski
Andy_
guitarguy121
StitchesOnTheRadio
Hanswurst
Klown
redheadchick
snick
njguy99
brucesboots
LaGuitarLady
HorribleCrowe
'49mercury
Danieljsmith
Camus
Clementine
The Major
Red_Heels
DeathoftheCool
mirrorenigma
Rob Himself
Keeb631
AmSlang59
J_Bizness
TheBoss
The M
Prisoner
Debonair
Harbortown
luckysparks
I am Incinerator
xxxje
StopAndSlideToTheRight
nebraska
loazis
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Gaslight23
WhoCares
Nollaf 59
Mechamunky
Bea
plugga
riversedge
AudreyHepburnPearls
The Angry Johnny Revue
Christophe
Grant Michael
joshyboytyler
RockNRollOut
CASANOVA, BILLY!
AngryJohnnyN1930
BuddyHolly
Templeton
RobertODonnell
oh_megan
lucasgaslight59
steph
Jack
IAmDisappeared
media
Crockin
Ghost To Coast
Silver
Philo
IFeelBlue
ThisMachineKillsFascists
theBasemen
JimmyB
KappaV
DaveSavedTheDay
JJW319
gp
Regarded
lynchyeatspizza
markbarlow
simo
Holland
carryon820
OutOfStep
amberfoyd
CluckyB
TGAFAN25
Reinvent good times
Jay
clashcityrocker
drifter69
eZc
enola
Casey
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Would love to hear gaslight cover 'The Strip' by whiskey town. It's a rocked up version of 'dancing with the women at the bar' off Strangers Almanac. Think Brian's growly vocal could nail it.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Spirit of the Radio by Rush. Brian would love those lyrics!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 pm

steph wrote:
snick wrote:
no idea if it's been mentioned (probably not..) but i heard The Byrds - 'Turn Turn Turn' in a lobby today and pictured Brian's voice perfectly with it for some reason. I would love an acoustic session version of that. It's my second favorite 'oldie' next to Baba O'Reilly, and..well, we all know that's taken care of.

not trying to be a dick, but i hope HOPE hope not, that song is SOOOO annoying to me
SHUT UP STEPH, Brian and the boys would actually do a pretty fucking amazing job on it I think.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:03 pm

redheadchick wrote:
Would love to hear gaslight cover 'The Strip' by whiskey town. It's a rocked up version of 'dancing with the women at the bar' off Strangers Almanac. Think Brian's growly vocal could nail it.

At first I was like teh fuck? But then I thought about it and this is a very good call on your part.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
redheadchick wrote:

At first I was like teh fuck? But then I thought about it and this is a very good call on your part.

I'd also love to hear them cover Icebreaker from Ryan Adams and the Cardinals III/IV disc 2.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Another good one would be A Million Miles Away by the Plimsouls.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:46 pm

redheadchick wrote:
The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
redheadchick wrote:

I'd also love to hear them cover Icebreaker from Ryan Adams and the Cardinals III/IV disc 2.

Hey I can only find the stranger's almanac version of Dancing With The Women at the bar, but you say there is a more rocked up version called "The Strip," where could I find this?
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:58 pm

I originally heard it on their 1998 Austin city limits episode but there must be YouTube footage of it out there.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:27 pm

I think Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits is tailor-made for Brian and Gaslight to do.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Metallica - Hero Of The Day...

do not ask me why, I also want Pearl Jam to cover this...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
markbarlow
Wooderson
Wooderson
markbarlow

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Christophe wrote:
I think Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits is tailor-made for Brian and Gaslight to do.
Providing they do a better job than that Killers' butchery.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan.

What, don't look at me like that, they would fucking nail it and it's one of the best suggestions in this thread!
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 pm

crime scene part one by the afghan whigs bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:18 pm

I know that mentioning Bruce and Brian in the same sentence has gotten progressively dangerous in the past year or so, but I would love to hear him to Blinded by the Light.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:35 pm

totally weird, but i thought thy would nail down a heavy rock version of "statue of liberty" by Little River Band:

something like what they did with "House Of The Rising Sun" would be perfect santa
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm

How about, Subterranean homesick Blues? like what they did with Changing of the guard.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 pm

I didn't read this whole thread so I apologize if I repeat:

-Sowing Season by Brand New (full band cover)
-Mr. November by The National
-Come Back by Pearl Jam >>> full band, acoustic, i don't care, I love the sadness of that song and Brian's so good at emotional vocals.

Matt L wrote:
I know that mentioning Bruce and Brian in the same sentence has gotten progressively dangerous in the past year or so, but I would love to hear him to Blinded by the Light.

I can't even picture the band doing that (or Brian acoustic?). Maybe if they completely changed the instrumentation. Idk I can't see it going well haha. Not to rain on your parade silent

There aren't many Bruce songs I could see them doing. Maybe like Darkness on the Edge of town or Because the Night? Definitely something that doesn't rely too heavily on horns or keys...which is nearly every song, haha.
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 am

I'd like to hear them cover something really unusual, that you wouldn't expect them to cover. Like "Holland 1945" by Neutral Milk Hotel.

Quote :
There aren't many Bruce songs I could see them doing. Maybe like Darkness on the Edge of town or Because the Night? Definitely something that doesn't rely too heavily on horns or keys...which is nearly every song, haha.
The one I've been suggesting for a while is "Where the Bands Are" off of Tracks.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 am

Harry Lime wrote:
I'd like to hear them cover something really unusual, that you wouldn't expect them to cover. Like "Holland 1945" by Neutral Milk Hotel.

fuck yeayuh High Five
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 am

Harry Lime wrote:

Quote :
The one I've been suggesting for a while is "Where the Bands Are" off of Tracks.

I could see that. It's not one of my favorite Bruce songs personally (but that's just me) but I think they could do it.
Back to top Go down
guitarguy121
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:03 am

If I could hear them do a cover of Buddy Holly's 'Oh Boy' I'd die happy.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 7:58 am

I got it. "Long cool woman in a black dress"
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 am

Rockin' in the free world
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:36 am

Andy_ wrote:
Rockin' in the free world
ya know this vid?! Very Happy
3:27 Wink

not gaslight, but at least a part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:18 am

'This Little Girl' or 'Daddy's Come Home' by Gary US Bonds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?   What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What song(s) would you like to see TGA cover?
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next