DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic

Go down 
+5
IKeeptheDiner
Grant Michael
steph
ral
Mosh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Empty
PostSubject: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:50 pm

In case you didn't get the email, the show has been moved. Here is the text of the email I just received:

Dear Gaslight Anthem Fan,
This email is being sent with regard to tickets purchased for Gaslight Anthem originally scheduled for Riviera Theatre on September 20th. Please be aware of the following important update:
This show has been moved to Vic Theatre (3145 N. Sheffield Ave Chicago, IL 60657). The date (9/20/10) and time (7pm) remain the same.
All previously purchased tickets will be honored at the new venue.

We hope you enjoy the show!

Best Regards,
eTix Customer Support
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:21 pm

The bad news is the move means tickets aren't selling as well as hoped but the good news for those attending is the Vic is about half the size of the Riviera.
Back to top Go down
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:22 pm

As for tickets not selling, keep in mind they played in Chicago only 6 weeks ago to a packed House of Blues so I'm not too worried about it. I was at the Vic a few months ago to see Concrete Blonde (Amazing show) and it's a great venue. Should be a great show.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Mosh wrote:
As for tickets not selling, keep in mind they played in Chicago only 6 weeks ago to a packed House of Blues so I'm not too worried about it. I was at the Vic a few months ago to see Concrete Blonde (Amazing show) and it's a great venue. Should be a great show.

House of Blues' tend to be smaller venues, don't they? At least that's been my experience.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 am

steph wrote:
Mosh wrote:

House of Blues' tend to be smaller venues, don't they? At least that's been my experience.
Chicago HOB has a capacity of 1,300.
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 am

Hmm. Hopefully tickets don't sell out too soon. I'm going to Chicago for the weekend and was hoping to just pick up tickets at the box office Friday or Saturday. I figured there was no way they weren't going to sell out the Riv. I just want to avoid the extra fees.
Back to top Go down
Mosh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mosh

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 am

und32 wrote:
Chicago HOB has a capacity of 1,300.

Quick google search says that the Riviera's capacity is about 2,500 and the Vic's capacity is 1,400.
So the Vic has more capacity than the HOB at least.

I'm just glad I get another chance to see them in Chicago.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:46 pm

all of these price/venue changes kinda seem strange. i mean more so make me feel strange about the bands popularity. i still love them, but im wondering if the radio city prices will go down. i highly highly (x982374597621) doubt they would go down, but i dont know it just seems weird.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:43 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
all of these price/venue changes kinda seem strange. i mean more so make me feel strange about the bands popularity. i still love them, but im wondering if the radio city prices will go down. i highly highly (x982374597621) doubt they would go down, but i dont know it just seems weird.

For what other shows has this happened?
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:

For what other shows has this happened?

apparently the salt lake show they lowered the ticket price to something extremely low like, 5 if i read correctly.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Honestly it doesn't really surprize me. Its not the strongest tour lineup, and they already played a lot of these stops a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Yeah the chicago show in particular I can see how the draw just isn't there. They have shows Saturday and Sunday in Wisconsin. Then Chicago Monday and Indy Tuesday. A lot of people would have traveled but with the proximity of other shows there is no need. They also have very little support (good bands but not a lot of fans).
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
redinthemorn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redinthemorn

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 am

I missed the openers due to some sad events with a friend's family, but I was able to catch Gaslight. They dropped the backdrop to the tune of "Smooth Criminal'! It was so fun. I have yet to be to the Riv, but I love the Vic, so I'm not sad the venue changed. In any case, it was MUCH better than the show at the House of Blues. Brian was much more talkative, so that made the show even better. And they actually played "High Lonesome," which I thought they'd retired for the tour (considering the blog post), so I was extremely happy.

It was kind of bittersweet for me, though. Obviously, "59 Sound" was written for a reason, and many people can identify with it. Sadly, the events of the Saturday before were part of the reason I missed Bridge and Tunnel and Fake Problems. RIP Caitlin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic   9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9/20 Chicago show moved from the Riviera to the Vic
Page 1 of 1