DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tattoos

Go down 
+81
Paddy
sickgirl
driftwood
oh_megan
njguy99
Ryan!
Kosburn59
IrishNameAndAnInjury
undead and buried
eagles1139
riversedge
J.B.R.
Debonair
Matilda Noir
n_evans
JimmyB
Harbortown
marenravn
Phil Rockabill
Blue_Collar_Man
Arctander
loazis
spgilbert
plugga
Gaslight23
Don Juan
I am Incinerator
Philo
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Davidesamulson
At the corner round 9
kkent16
andyot
Jaywalk
PFREEZY
GraveRobbers
fylo
The Tall Kid
Topher
Johnny99
gp
tigrr13
SFBoston
Shrewsbury_Stars
Templeton
TGAFAN25
SmilinSkullRing
Little Eden
Bea
amberfoyd
steph
Clementine
Vibes
chrissylovesbruce
Reinvent good times
Rock bus
Perka
DukeStreetKing
shawzy
stephendgaf
ShieldYourEyes
tricksatthebar
ktp
mark_275
xstevenbx
fivelongdays
Refused
airportmondaymorning
Julianne
laurendelore
billy pilgrim
kieran
Forum Owner
e7c
Stalls_Standing
hyperballad
Scott
JoshRaymond
liveit
ambrose
Jukebox Romeo
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

In other news, I have a tattoo idea. Basically a heart on my arm. Not one of those valentine's day hearts, no, one like this:
Tattoos - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-9UzRnBLmefffpJPVGNRuNpeGnd8lVnOYHYoEpZ1cavYJYA4KL2yiBkTK

With a banderole that says "California". I just feel like moving there has had such a huge impact on my life and who I am. It's meant a great deal to me. I'm not sure I'll do it. But it feels like something I'd be proud of.

Interesting idea. I love CA and will always strongly identify with the towns I grew up in, so I totally get it. That being said, if I was getting a tattoo (which I won't because I'm a big chicken that could never handle the pain), I probably wouldn't get one quite so clinical. Still like the idea though! You should get something that symbolizes what a huge impact the move to CA has made in your life. That's something to celebrate and always keep with you. Smile
Actually I was thinking more like this:

Tattoos - Page 9 Steam_heart_by_Mozett
I just love the idea of a steam powered heart. Something old and rusty that takes time to re-heat.
Back to top Go down

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 am

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

In other news, I have a tattoo idea. Basically a heart on my arm. Not one of those valentine's day hearts, no, one like this:
Tattoos - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-9UzRnBLmefffpJPVGNRuNpeGnd8lVnOYHYoEpZ1cavYJYA4KL2yiBkTK

With a banderole that says "California". I just feel like moving there has had such a huge impact on my life and who I am. It's meant a great deal to me. I'm not sure I'll do it. But it feels like something I'd be proud of.

Interesting idea. I love CA and will always strongly identify with the towns I grew up in, so I totally get it. That being said, if I was getting a tattoo (which I won't because I'm a big chicken that could never handle the pain), I probably wouldn't get one quite so clinical. Still like the idea though! You should get something that symbolizes what a huge impact the move to CA has made in your life. That's something to celebrate and always keep with you. Smile

I just love the idea of a steam powered heart. Something old and rusty that takes time to re-heat.

That second heart is great. I love the explanation behind it you have too. Very cool!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 am

Harbortown, I love it! Just like Stepsandnumbers said, the meaning behind the second heart is great. You should get that tattoo. Like now. Go do it!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 am

Hah, I'm glad you ladies like it!

If I do it I'll want to have it done in California, so I'll wait a couple of months and see if I still want it a few weeks before I head back to Sweden again.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:55 am

Smart thinking, Harbortown. With something permanent it's always better to wait a while and make sure you really, really want it. Honestly though, that may be the coolest tattoo I have ever seen. It's not corny or random or some drunken mistake that you would regret the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:04 am

Really? That makes me really glad to hear you say that, Shannon!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:23 am

Yeah, really. I tend to be kind of ambivalent about tattoos, but that one struck a chord with me. I think it's something about the fact that it's a symbol of love and emotion, but it's encased in a hard shell that may explode at any second. It's like a visual oxymoron. And then there's the whole California tie-in. That makes it even more appealing.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:18 pm

I wanna get a red sky tattoo on my upper arm symbolizing the "red sky at night" old weather lore. It being my first tattoo I'm kind of intimidated.....Is it as hard as I think it is for a tattoo artist to do something like a red sky over an ocean at night and not look like a big blob of red? Should I be seeking out like the best tattoo artist n the state or is this not as difficult as I think it is? Anyone that has any similar tats feel free to chime in.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:28 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I wanna get a red sky tattoo on my upper arm symbolizing the "red sky at night" old weather lore. It being my first tattoo I'm kind of intimidated.....Is it as hard as I think it is for a tattoo artist to do something like a red sky over an ocean at night and not look like a big blob of red? Should I be seeking out like the best tattoo artist n the state or is this not as difficult as I think it is? Anyone that has any similar tats feel free to chime in.

Best rule of thumb for getting your first tattoo is find a design you truely love, and i mean love. You have no doubt that you like it in all areas. Don't show up and be like " I want some thing like this" make sure you have all/most areas of the design worked out. That way the artist can't do want they think you want, they know what you actually want.

Next give it time, don't go and get it as soon as you have a design. It is permanent. Wait a few months and if you still love the design go get it. In the mean time research artists. I know I found many reviews online, and my brother had a friend who gave me a recommendation. A lot of artists have their works online so look and see if an artist work is in your likeing.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Tattoos - Page 9 Photo.php?fbid=310388702317168&set=a.112749205414453.10856

got this done the other weelk
Back to top Go down

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:26 am

riversedge wrote:
Tattoos - Page 9 Photo.php?fbid=310388702317168&set=a.112749205414453.10856

got this done the other weelk

I would compliment you on it, but the image doesn't show up on my computer. Sad
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 am

I second that.
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:53 am

Oh dang.
Back to top Go down
undead and buried
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:12 am

Tattoos - Page 9 38492710

Finished. That was last week. Healed up now so theres less redness

(looks kind of crooked...its not, thats just my shit arm)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=558550952&
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:01 am

Very very nice.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:32 am

Looks cool!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:39 am

Don Juan wrote:
I just got a Horrible Crowes tattoo yesterday to go with my Gaslight one I got in July. These were the first 2 big tattoo pieces I've gotten. They're the beginnings of a sleeve on my right arm. Both are from El Jefe posters.Tattoos - Page 9 Img_0110
Tattoos - Page 9 Img_0112

How long did the session for the Crowes tattoo take?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

That second heart is great. I love the explanation behind it you have too. Very cool!!

i feel like i've seen a "literal" heart almost as often as a more typical heart kinda... i don't wanna be rude, but what (little) i know of you, YO-HAWN, it seems a bit predictable for you./my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Don Juan wrote:
I just got a Horrible Crowes tattoo yesterday to go with my Gaslight one I got in July. These were the first 2 big tattoo pieces I've gotten. They're the beginnings of a sleeve on my right arm. Both are from El Jefe posters.Tattoos - Page 9 Img_0110
Tattoos - Page 9 Img_0112

How long did the session for the Crowes tattoo take?

the coloring on that seems so spot on! it looks great. pig
Back to top Go down
Don Juan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Juan

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:04 am

The Crowes session took about 4 hours or so. The other piece took about 6.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/donwebb
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 am

Don Juan wrote:
The Crowes session took about 4 hours or so. The other piece took about 6.

have you showed either of those to El Jefe via his facebook page or something else? it must be interesting to see a piece of art you created tattooed by someone else.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Tattoos - Page 9 Photo_11

Just got it an hour ago. I'll post a better photo later when it's healed a bit. :]
Back to top Go down

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:50 pm

That is just amazing.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Wow, that tattoo is truly a work of art. Very, very nice! How long did it take?
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Thank you. ^_^ Surprisingly, two hours. $370 w/ the tip. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tattoos - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos   Tattoos - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tattoos
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next