DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics Empty
PostSubject: Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics   Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:18 am

I’ve watched the Gaslight Anthem go from playing a half-full Marquis Theater in the summer of ‘07 to playing a tightly packed sold out Ogden show on Saturday night (with a handful of other Colorado dates scattered in between).

I imagine very shortly they will take another step up and headline the Fillmore when they roll through town again. If anyone in the music industry has earned that ascension, it is probably them. The New Jersey blue collar quartet (well, not even blue collar, but rather no collar quartet) has in just over three years time released three full lengths — each one more commercially successful than the one before it — and an EP in addition to touring relentlessly.

The band realizes the fact that their last two discs are a big reason there was large black van with 93.3 KTCL painted on it in yellow and parked outside the venue, and a piece of printer paper with the black words ‘Sold Out’ taped to the box office window.

This was evident because Gaslight Anthem was eight songs deep into their set before they even touched a track from their first album “Sink or Swim.” (My personal favorite.) I sat there sulking, pining for the good old days where they would play every track from the disc. Deep down though, I realized time obviously changes things, those days are gone.

Pic Gallery:

http://photos.denverpost.com/photogalleries/reverbimages2/#id=album-126113

Full article:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/reverb/2010/07/27/live-review-the-gaslight-anthem-the-ogden-theatre-2/
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics   Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 am

Great work ( I was right behind the photographer and envied yours/his opportunity to get those shots)...and I get what you're saying about pining for the good ol days. And did you notice how few ("kids") there knew Sate of Love and Trust?
Back to top Go down

Review of Denver Show with Lotsa Pics
Page 1 of 1