DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)

Go down 
+5
Prisoner
Holland
stephendgaf
Vibes
SuperBrickDude
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperBrickDude
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SuperBrickDude

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Empty
PostSubject: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:59 pm

NOTE: Please do NOT use these photos without permission/consent.

So something told me to come early and what do you know, Brian was right outside talking with a couple of fans. I got to talk to him about a bunch of stuff...mainly the new record (now officially called American Slang). They have about 13-15 songs ready. He said it's gonna be a more autobiographical and less obscure record in terms of lyrics (no more "Marias" and other name dropping). He said instead of thinking of the past or future, think about now. He's recording most of it with his Goldtop Les Paul, no more echo-y vocals, and rougher drums.

He also said that they might try something new for this record...in vein of soul singers from way past when (Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke), once the record's completely finished he's gonna record vocals after purposely losing his voice. He said he wants this to feel like a dancier record (but not like Lady Gaga...who he admits ain't half bad haha. He actually mentioned her in the show as well). A homeless guy asked Brian for a cigarette at some point.

Before he left, he signed my ticket and I got a pic:
Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) 4277734243_5faf5a22b8

So my biggest worry was bringing in my SLR as the Bowery has a reputation for aggressive security. I met some nice folks there and I ended up first on line haha. I waited a good hour on line before being let in, lucky enough to end up right by the stage.

Dave Hause was great...I'm not a huge Loved Ones fan as I only own Build and Burn but he was great. Unlike Brian his entire set wasn't acoustic, he brought in an electric Epiphone semi hollow for a couple of songs.

Pics (NOTE: DO NOT use without permission or consent!)
Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) 4277722199_286dab474a

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) 4277717217_8b3762c6f6

And after that, Brian came on, starting with an Odetta cover. Looked happy as hell and had some great crowd interaction. Here's the setlist (I copied this from cephcarn4...thank you haha)

1. What you gonna call your pretty little baby (Odetta)
2. Old White Lincoln
3. Have You Ever Seen The Rain (Creedence Clearwater Revival )
4. Great Expectations
5. The 59 Sound
6. Dollar Bill (Screaming Tree's )
7. Miles Davis And The Cool
8. I Do Not Hook Up (Kelly Clarkson)
9. High Lonesome
10. Blue jeans & White T-Shirts
11. The Navesink Banks
12. Here's Looking At You Kid
13. The Broad Majestic Shannon (The pogues)
14. We Came To Dance

I recorded some of this with my iPod...the quality isn't amazing but if anyone has requests for certain songs I can try to post them. I'll probably post the covers no one's heard.

Pics (NOTE: DO NOT use without permission or consent!)

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) 4278432338_675be25542

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) 4277716403_91d8dec7af

Clip of Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts:

To see more, please visit my Flickr account!

Brian closed with We Came to Dance and a little bit later, Dave and Brian played a set together.
From cephcarn4:
Encore : W/ Dave
15. Call It Off (Tegan And Sara)
16. Ring Of Fire (Johnny Cash)
17. Long Ride Home (Patty Griffin)
18. Ball & Chain (Social Distortion)

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) 4277694833_7a7407b197

Again, to see more, visit my flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/Superbrickdude

What a great show. I'll try to post some of my bootleg in the future.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Wow! That's awesome! I hope some other people were in there recording too. Maybe we could get a variety of sources for a boot.

Thanks for recording and taking some killer pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:15 pm

Oh and please post all of the songs you recorded. It'll save you time responding to certain requests too. Just post em all! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:49 pm

great pics.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:22 pm

That looks like an amazing night , i would love to see one of those solo shows .
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Vibes wrote:
Oh and please post all of the songs you recorded. It'll save you time responding to certain requests too. Just post em all! Smile

yeah this Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:03 pm

i really like your black and white photos. sounds like it was a great show! and from what brian said about the new record im definitely psyched for it!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Awesome photos!
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 am

Awww man it sounded like the show was awesome. I wish I could of gone, but it had to be my luck that a family thing came up. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:08 am

I may be mistaken... but I get the impression we're not supposed to use those pics w/o permission or consent! Razz

But seriously, thanks for postin all the stuff. Much envy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)   Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian at the Bowery Ballrooom review (with pics and bootleg coming soon)
Page 1 of 1