DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which band member do you most identify with?

Go down 
+9
simo
Janet
IKeeptheDiner
Daire
massie1903
loazis
vamike
Little Eden
CluckyB
13 posters

Brian
Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_lcap65%Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_rcap
 65% [ 24 ]
Alex R
Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_lcap11%Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Alex L
Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_lcap16%Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Benny
Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_lcap8%Which band member do you most identify with? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

Which band member do you most identify with? Empty
PostSubject: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:23 am

I think this could be a pretty interesting discussion. I love all the guys, but for me its definitely Benny. I think its probably the boyish charm he still has about him. (He is totally the cute one, right girls?) More than any of them, he strikes me as the one who if he wasn't in Gaslight would be in the crowd at their shows anyways. Razz
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 am

Yes, Benny is definitely the cute one Smile
When I met him in San Jose, one flash of his little gap-tooth smile and my heart melted haha. Plus he gives really good bear hugs Smile

I can relate because we're both vegetarians and down to earth and aren't afraid to be a little silly.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:22 am

a mix between the alexes with a bit of benny. not with brian at all, he seems like a relly nice guy though
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:11 am

I can't really say anything about the other members apart from Brian, I've read interviews about them, saw a lot of pictures and footage but for me the face of the band is obviously Brian and I don't feel like I have a connection with the other members in the same fashion.

Benny and the Alexes are undoubtly amazing guys with lots of creativity and passion but what makes this band so specially amazing to me is the lyrics and the heart and passion which Brian outs them with. I'm more of the loner kind of guy who prefers to sit on his own with his guitar and music. I tend to think alot about the major stuff in life and the word regret is sort of written on my retina these days. Next to that I love to listen to and play and sing acoustic versions of all kinds of songs I like (especially Gaslight Anthem songs) on my guitar, which brings me back to Brian again. I really dig all the acoustic versions he's done.

I don't know, I just carry their songs like a comfort wherever I go and Brian for me is the one who carries the torch to light the way or something.
Back to top Go down
massie1903
A Contender
A Contender
massie1903

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:39 am

Brian. When I met them all, I just seemed to click with Brian and felt like I could ask him anything. We stood for a good half an hour speaking, even though there were other folks wanting a word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:56 am

Alex R: cause I listen to lot of the Cure and he loves them also.
Benny: Cause both of us are Vegetarians
Brian: Pearl Jam is my favorite band besides TGA, and Brian loves em also
Alex L: I wish he would do more interview or something.

Kinda hard to choose for me
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:23 am

Alex R for sure.
Quiet, reserved, probably a bit self-conscious and easily annoyed.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm gonna try to meet the other guys before I start making judgements.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:58 pm

They're all pretty good looking guys, but my crush is on Alex L. Maybe it's the way he plays his bass haha.
As for relating, I don't know too much about the guys...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

I guess Brian but we know the most about him since he's the frontman. But I know next to nothing about Alex L. I've rarely ever heard him talk. They all seem like great guys though.
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
SmilinSkullRing

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Probably Brian. But poor Alex L. doesn't have any votes. I know from meeting him that he's insanely nice. Brian is as well, but Alex seems even more approachable once you engage him. He's probably less nervous than Brian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing
Shake Shake Senora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:35 am

everyone should read that coco story that was posted awhile back! really gives you an insight into pre-fame brian fallon.
Back to top Go down
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:30 am

i wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:57 pm

after reading/watching tons of interviews, i'm going to say brian and/or benny.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which band member do you most identify with?   Which band member do you most identify with? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1