DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention

Go down 
+4
dandangoose
billy pilgrim
e7c
Stalls_Standing
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Empty
PostSubject: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYwzW2QFnwo

Fucking amazing!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Wow... as much as I dislike RATM (sorry, but they are the most hypocrytical band of all time), I must admit that was amazing!
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Is that Justin Sane in the background?
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Yeah I think so
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:18 pm

e6c wrote:
Wow... as much as I dislike RATM (sorry, but they are the most hypocrytical band of all time), I must admit that was amazing!
wow.... as much i used enjoy a good amount of their stuff, i thought this was pretty stupid.

they did the two songs from the guitar hero games (as much as i enjoy those games).

Testify would have been way better
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/therotpunx
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm

touche
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:25 pm

haha

its like polar opposites

then again, we are on different hemispheres
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:02 pm

dandangoose wrote:
e6c wrote:
wow.... as much i used enjoy a good amount of their stuff, i thought this was pretty stupid.

they did the two songs from the guitar hero games (as much as i enjoy those games).

Testify would have been way better

You thought this was stupid because what reason again dude?
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:15 am

wah doo
waht da doo
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:48 am

e6c wrote:

How are they hypocritical?
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:14 am

Well, when I was first into Rage it was all "Corporatations and the government is evil... don't just chase the dollar!" and then I realized I had 10 different RATM shirts... these guys would hock anything with their name on it for an extra dollar. I know this sounds like the typical sellout argument, but it is an extreme form of it too me... it is like finding out the guy that blew up abortion clinics made his girlfriend get an abortion.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:16 am

...that and I hate people that try to rally people around cop killers.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:27 am

The fact they are known to give those dollars to numerous organisations amkes it better IMO I dont want to get into an argument about it though.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:15 am

you are right, it is not worth getting hyped up about RATM, and I should have just gone with the old adage, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:08 am

Fair enough - I still can't stop myself from mosing to Killing In The Name Of ... though, man that track still blows me away so many years later.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
hyperballad
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
hyperballad

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:44 pm

thanks so much for posting this!
I laughed hysterically at the opening to "Bulls on Parade".
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:38 am

It's such a old school thing to do
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:05 pm

billy pilgrim wrote:
Is that Justin Sane in the background?

Yeah, Anti-Flag performed at the RNC too, but when RATM went to perform they had the power shut down on them. It makes me laugh in the video of RATM improvising their song, hearing Tom Morello do the "bow chicka bow wow" parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention   RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RATM performing acapella at Republican Convention
Page 1 of 1