DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Rock / -metal

Go down 
+7
nebraska
colmillionaire
fullcollapse
Kosburn59
kieran
verbos
Daire
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Hey folks

who else is so much into post-rock as i do?
i really love to listen to it for calming down on a stressfull day, when i wake up very early in the morning to see the sun set.

bands i like the most are: explosions in the sky, caspian, mogwai, god is an astronaut, if these tress could talk, long distance calling...

if you're into it, join the post rock group on facebook, they'll provide you with a lot of very good stuff =)
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Grazer wrote:
god is an astronaut

My friends dad is a mate of one of the guys in GIAA. At one of the fests last year he got to do roadie stuff for them.

As for post-rock, it wouldn't really be my cup of tea. A song or two every now and again is alright, but not something I can get into.
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 pm

I saw Moving Mountains the other day open up for Polar Bear Club...they are pretty good Post-rock act
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:41 pm

yes i know that post rock takes a lot of time to get into it, just as it did for me.

but once i've gotten into it i can't imagine my music without it.
if all the prog, -core, punk or whatever stuff is my ying, post-rock is my yang, i need it to be in balance

yes, moving mountains are quite good
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:21 pm

finally got around to listen to Explosions in the Sky. I quite like it
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 am

Explosions is good stuff! Maserati is good higher tempo post rock. Check out the song "Monoliths". They are amazing live. The drummer sits front and center on the stage. Their drummer died last year in a horrible accident, but they are continuing on. My buddy used to be the drummer for Nigredo; highly influenced by Explosions with 15 minute epic songs that build to towering crescendos of awesomeness. They are local to Atlanta, but make no mistake, they are great. Check out "Stargazer". Mono is a good group from Japan in the same genre. I should have seen them earlier this year but passed it up. Regretting that decision.

It's great to see the different genres people are into here!
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:58 am

hey thnx buddy

i will check these bands out as soon as i can, always excited to discover great bands
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:38 am

I can't stop listening to Moving Mountains.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Anyone else heard the two new Mogwai tracks? Awesome stuff.

I saw Godspeed you! Black Emperor last weekend at ATP festival which was mindbogglingly insanely awesome especially because they opened with storm.

I cant believe I have not posted in this thread before I love post-rock and im hoping to score some tickets to see explosions in the sky in May if my exam timetable permits.
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Dude, Mogwai's album "Happy Songs For Happy People" is REALLY fantastic. I've been into those guys since I was about fifteen or so. I learned about them through this guy who calls himself MadV on youtube. He has all these random videos of him doing magic tricks, but then there are these ones where people from all over the world put these little sayings on their hands, and they all got collaborated into this one video, and "Kids Will Be Skeletons" was the background music for it - it fit perfectly for the messages of the video too, all the building moments in the song just makes it overwhelmingly good. I look them up after that and fell in love with them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 pm

haven't checked out mogwai's new album yet.

but here are some bands that i can only highly recommend to all of you:
and so i watch you from afar
this will destroy you
from monument to masses
tunturia
lights out asia
maybeshewill

Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:05 am

GY!BE is doing a couple shows in Chicago in March, I believe it is. My husband damn near wet himself when he found this out. We've had tickets for quite a while... it's not too often that shows go on sale so far ahead. What's crazy is that it sold out almost right away, I think. For a show about half a year out, at the time. Should be fantastic.
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 am

New Explosions in the Sky song.

http://www.spin.com/articles/download-explosions-skys-first-song
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:55 am

Will check it out I need to choose whether to go to a festival that Explosions are headlining or different fest that has Mogwai headlining. Tough choice!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Not feeling the new EitS...hope the rest of the album is better. Then again they did this on the last record when they released 'Welcome, Ghosts' as a single before the record came out and that is easily the weakest song on that album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 pm

well, let's see.

i'm just kinda pissed off that they're touring again and the closest gig to my place is one day of travel...
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Just found out This Will Destroy You are playing in Plymouth again but im not sure if I am around to see them again boooo.
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:43 pm

New Explosions in the Sky is pretty good...I would say upbeat than their previous album.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:58 pm

I really like russian circles, isis, mogwai and moving mountains, but I think that MM is more like a 90's emo band with little parts that reminds post-rock but they're not a totally post-rock band
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:04 pm

nebraska wrote:
I really like russian circles, isis, mogwai and moving mountains, but I think that MM is more like a 90's emo band with little parts that reminds post-rock but they're not a totally post-rock band

Moving Mountains first album Pneuma is absolutely stunning. One of the few albums where I feel in love about a minute into the first listen.

Not sure what I think about their new album yet.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:22 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
nebraska wrote:

Moving Mountains first album Pneuma is absolutely stunning. One of the few albums where I feel in love about a minute into the first listen.

Not sure what I think about their new album yet.

I feel the same, pneuma is an amazing record and it seems that they're from another galaxy or something ahhahaa
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Check out The World is a Beautiful Place & I'm No Longer Afraid to Die. They've also got the 90s emo thing with post-rock going on.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Burst is a great Swedish band, leaning more towards experimental metal. I love them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImq-WraCFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDJ-8TTfmio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_2EynWMDFg
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:55 pm

simo wrote:
Check out The World is a Beautiful Place & I'm No Longer Afraid to Die. They've also got the 90s emo thing with post-rock going on.

ooooh what a great band! I fell in love with this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5UhF80O2vc
Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 pm

anyone see God is an Astronaut live?
are they any good. debating if I should go see em live or not since I have never listened to em but I do enjoy the genre of instrumental music quite bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post Rock / -metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Rock / -metal   Post Rock / -metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Rock / -metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next