DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?

Go down 
+24
BuddyHolly
MagicRatAFC
TGAFAN25
IKeeptheDiner
ktp
Johnny99
NJsoul
steady now steady now
Stalls_Standing
bringiton
Bea
redinthemorn
steffuhnee
kupe
curly
loazis
MCStevepants
divoz
Palmer89
simo
Shrewsbury_Stars
Daire
Clementine
Jack
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm

hahahahahhahah SO TRUE that guy was AWFUL!!!! that was the first thing i thought lol
Back to top Go down
MagicRatAFC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:07 am

NJsoul wrote:
I feel like age really plays a factor in "We Did It When We Were Young". I understand parts of it, overall I like it but it is not my favorite song Brian has written. Anyone I know who is around 28-30 loves it, while kids 18-20 don't really understand it. Just my two cents.

This.

I'm middle aged (by any definition, and I'm also fat and bald to complete the picture!) and I think this is definitely a "rear view mirror" type of song.
Interpretation is always in the eye of the beholder, but for me it's about regrets, the past, the ripples in the pool of a stone dropping in.
To me, it's the best song on the new record and in their top 5, maybe top 3, songs ever.
But I think it's a song only truly appreciated with a certain number of miles on the clock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invernessreds.co.uk
MagicRatAFC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 am

Clementine wrote:

I think it's amazing for a 1st run....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLdRJuiN2BI

That's quality, top class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.invernessreds.co.uk
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:13 pm

NJsoul wrote:
I feel like age really plays a factor in "We Did It When We Were Young". I understand parts of it, overall I like it but it is not my favorite song Brian has written. Anyone I know who is around 28-30 loves it, while kids 18-20 don't really understand it. Just my two cents.

19 and I love the song to death.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:03 am

They played it in Amsterdam as well. Found this video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXKxSdYrLg
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:53 am

JohnnyC wrote:
NJsoul wrote:

19 and I love the song to death.
I'm 19, I love the song as well, especially the theme, perhaps you need to have fucked up something big time already to be grabbed by it.

I probably just think too much about everything, the whole 'regret' thing appeals to me for some reason. Not that I am a depressed emo or anything but I can relate I suppose.

Loved it that they played it in Amsterdam btw =)
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Here is an audience recording in MP3 format of the live premier at Oxford:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8QOW8I2
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
LondonCalling
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:53 am

Oxford-what a great little gig that was, hope they bring this song with them when come back in the Autumn.
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm

I was so hoping they wound finish a set with it, personally (as a 19 year old) I think it is one of the most important songs they've produced. Which is saying alot as yall know as hardcore Gaslight fans.
Brian singing the two voices, like young and old coming together.
the strumming sounds like ticks on the clock
Not to mention the intensity of the lyrics, whew!
We all got our thoughts, personally I'll always represent this song, because I think it's more than just a "heavy" tune, ya know?
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:36 am

Well im just gonna go ahead join the group of 19 year olds who love this song haha, i really hope they play it in atlanta when i see them
Back to top Go down
virginia
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 pm

milwaukee, 9/18. played it in the encore and it worked! brian said they don't do it a lot because it is hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:21 am

I'm so mad that I missed that show in Milwaukee now. Not that I wasn't already bummed, haha. But, yeah, I'm only seventeen and I love this song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2