DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magazine clipping from 2007

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

Magazine clipping from 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Magazine clipping from 2007   Magazine clipping from 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 am

Not quite an interview, but I thought you might be interested in this:
Magazine clipping from 2007 Dsc02439.th
(Photographed with my phone, thus the bad quality - sorry)

It's an article from a 2007 issue of the German Motoraver magazine about TGA's show at the Störtebeker in Hamburg. I don't think there's anything new in there, but I found it interesting that they caught the attention of a magazine, albeit not a big one, back then. For those of you who don't understand German (the majority, I suppose Wink), here's a quick synopsis:
Brian says (not without pride) that his mother was a folk singer, so he early got in contact with Cat Stevens, Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan. They named the debut album Sink Or Swim because no one wanted to help them with their first release, so they were stuck in a sink or swim situation.
The audience at that gig seemed to consist of some fans who knew the words and, shamefully, some wasted frequenters.
Finally, at the end of the show, Brian gave a solo performance with his acoustic guitar (why did he stop doing that?), and apparently they made a huge impression on the reporter, since he concludes that this band is here to stay.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Magazine clipping from 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine clipping from 2007   Magazine clipping from 2007 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:34 am

nice find; many thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

Magazine clipping from 2007
Page 1 of 1