DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Slang video

Go down 
+5
stephendgaf
Vibes
steady now steady now
Little Eden
Jukebox Romeo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

American Slang video Empty
PostSubject: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:00 am

Gaslight apparently shot the AS video today, with Kevin Custer directing again. And I guess Andy Diamond is involved in some way:
American Slang video Moz-screenshot-4American Slang video Tumblr_l2l0l4vEde1qanvumo1_500
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:08 am

shweet! Cannot wait until its release!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:03 am

Good: a new TGA video.

Not so good: I wish they had picked a different song. I really don't see AS as being the best advert for this fantastic album (it's actually my least favourite).

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue May 18, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:17 am

kevin custer did the '59 sound video and great expectations video
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:54 am

What does Andy Diamond do? Does anyone know that? I know he runs the Court Tavern but what else does he do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:34 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
Good: a new TGA video.

Not so good: I wish they had picked a different song. I really don't see AS as being the best advert for the fantastic album It's actually my least favourite).

mhm.
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Really? I think American Slang is an awesome song, it's actually one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
carryon8

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm very excited for a new video, but "American slang".......I don't know? I personally think it is the worst song on the album. I can see their logic in selecting it as their first video though, believing that it's the best song to represent the album as a whole. However, I don't see it being the best song to connect with a new audience. "Bring it on", "Boxer", "Old haunts", or "The spirit of jazz" are much better options in my opinion, not only in displaying TGA's hardwork and effort but also the album's quality.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:51 pm

I wouldn't say it's the worst, but if they made a video for say, Orphans, that would be beyond amazing.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:03 am

When it comes to singles, if you're gonna release the title track as a one, it's a good idea to do it first. Brings more exposure to the album on name recognition alone. And, since it's your first single out there, best film its video first. Seems like sound business to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:54 pm

my opinion doesnt count as much considering ive only heard "american slang" and "bring it on" yet, but compared to "bring it on" alone, i agree with what others have said about "as" being a track i could see fitting well with the whole album, but as a single representing their newest album and the best of what they can do...maybe not so much. i mean i still love the song, just not as much as "bring it on", and i have no doubt, as much as some other tracks on the new record. nothing really catchy, nothing that grabs me, and makes me want to listen to it on repeat all day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Slang video   American Slang video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Slang video
Page 1 of 1