DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Empty
PostSubject: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:39 am

Feel free to check it out and leave me some feedback. For you all that play guitar, it may be helpful in deciding on a purchase you may be considering. I'd love to turn this into something pretty big. Here's to high hopes! :-)

http://leftofthedialreviews.blogspot.com/

I've been lazy with it lately, but I'm back to it full swing!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:07 am

no drums, bummer
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Yeah, I know, I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
rivercities
A Contender
A Contender
rivercities

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:28 pm

that amp is awesome i checked out their site and it seems like a great buy i just couldn't afford it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Loved the one about the Tele. They're my current favorite!
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:00 am

rivercities wrote:
that amp is awesome i checked out their site and it seems like a great buy i just couldn't afford it

The price on those actually just saw an increase. When I ordered mine it was $1,775 plus about $70 for shipping. They're still in the same ball park as a regular Vox since they custom classic's are about $1,800 and the heritage's are about $2,000.

I didn't feel the sting in my wallet as much because I paid almost $1,400 of the total price with funds I got from selling my Mesa/Boogie head.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:01 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Loved the one about the Tele. They're my current favorite!

Thank you! The guitar is fantastic. It is definitely my work horse instrument. It can do anything when it comes to genres.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:02 am

I'd like for Brian and Alex R. to find about my blog whether by noticing its name, which is taken from my favorite Replacements song, or by me telling him I run it haha. We talked about gear and stuff last year and I think he'd appreciate some of the things I play/buy/want to buy haha.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:12 am

Looks like you have good material but I know nothing about electric guitars. I'm debating whether to buy one though. Been playing acoustic for a year or so.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:23 am

simo wrote:
Looks like you have good material but I know nothing about electric guitars. I'm debating whether to buy one though. Been playing acoustic for a year or so.

The advice I always give to people who are considering moving from acoustic to electric guitar is this: Does the acoustic no longer suit your needs? If you find yourself wanting to take your playing elsewhere, ie-outside of your bedroom with other people, then definitely consider getting an electric. Not to say an acoustic can't take you places and you can't play shows with an acoustic, you can. But, to play with other people, an electric is going to cut it way more.

If you feel comfortable with playing, you know about ten or twelve chords, and a few songs by other artists/bands, then you definitely might want to consider going electric.

A good set up can be had for under $800, too. Fender makes amazing guitars in their standard and classic player lines and their amps aren't half bad either. Other entry level amps you might want to consider are the Peavey Classic series and smaller Vox amps like the AC4TV which are killer amps and are about $250.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:44 am

Well, as far as writing and playing my own music, acoustic is still the route I would probably go.

The portability thing you mentioned is the biggest thing for me. I'm heading to college next year and it doesn't make sense to bring two guitars. And acoustic is probably better on campus unless I were in a band. Really though, I'd love to get a good folk punk band going. I think that would be lots of fun.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 12:57 am

simo wrote:
Well, as far as writing and playing my own music, acoustic is still the route I would probably go.

The portability thing you mentioned is the biggest thing for me. I'm heading to college next year and it doesn't make sense to bring two guitars. And acoustic is probably better on campus unless I were in a band. Really though, I'd love to get a good folk punk band going. I think that would be lots of fun.

You have the right approach with writing on an acoustic. IMO, you're more apt to get the melody that you really want when writing on acoustic. If you stick with a gained out electric guitar, then your chords and melody can get lost in the distortion. I'll be a senior in college in the fall and I had an acoustic with me for my first year or so and then I had an acoustic and an electric. I also didn't have a roommate so I didn't have to worry about anything like that.

Folk Punk is pretty easy to get started, especially if you're in the right area. When you get to school, get yourself out there. Meet people and talk with anyone you see with a guitar or guitar case walking around campus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!   ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTN: musicians, I have a gear/music blog!
Page 1 of 1