DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From Jersey with pride!

Go down 
+4
Holland
Daire
JoshRaymond
verbos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

From Jersey with pride! Empty
PostSubject: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Hello all,

I figured that since the band is kind of blowing up and people are starting to flock to this forum, I'd take an opportunity to introduce myself. I've been lurking this board since last summer but only recently registered.

I spent the first 16 years of my life in Jersey (specifically Hazlet and Howell), and have been in the South (Alabama and Georgia) for the past 12. Jersey will always be my home and I'm so proud to be from there. I think that's probably what first struck me about Gaslight's music; to me, it sounds like Jersey's pride - there's no other way to explain it. It takes me back to my childhood instantly, even if it's a bit fantasized. But, isn't that what nostalgia is? Fantasy?

I found out about Gaslight while reading my girlfriend's AP magazine just last summer. Amidst the hordes of bands with ridiculous emo hair and women's jeans stood this band that looked, well, kinda cool and down to earth. I checked them out on myspace and within the first few seconds of "Great Expectations" I was in love. It's rare to find a band that, in my opinion, does not have a single bad song. I can easily say I'm a fan for life.

Well, that's my story. I'm glad to be here, this board is a pretty nice place, and I hope to contribute to that. Nice to meet you all!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Awesome dude, I can't believe how long you lurked but I'm glad you decided to join. What other bands are you into?
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Welcome to the site dude! Great to have another fan to chat with!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello Welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks all. As far as other music goes, I'm pretty varied in my tastes. Lately I've been getting into The Receiving End of Sirens (Between the Heart and the Synapse is an incredible album), Them Crooked Vultures, Murder by Death, The Clash, Thrice, the Bouncing Souls, and As Tall as Lions (completely underrated). Some of my favorites are Nine Inch Nails, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, dredg, Strata, LCD Soundsystem, Pink Floyd... ahh, I could sit here all today. I'm pretty much open to anything and I'll give anything a listen! I've found a lot of good bands through other people on band forums, so I'll definitely be keeping my eyes (and ears) open for some new stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Welcome Mate!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 pm

verbos, glad that you finally signed up! I am not familiar with a bunch of the bands that you listed, but I am a really big fan of The Clash and Murder By Death... speaking of which, did you get the new MBD album? it is awesome!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 pm

did you go see murder by death in atlanta? my dad is a huge mbd fan and they just so happened to be in atl so he hit the show up. either way welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Haven't listened to the new MBD yet. My GF got me into their old stuff (Like the Exorcist...) and when we saw them open for Gaslight I was a big fan of the new stuff also. So unbelievable that that voice could come out of a small dude with enormous chops. I just got Red of Tooth & Claw (great!), and hopefully will check out the new one soon.

And just getting into London Calling as well. Great album!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 pm

You like the Bosstones, therefore you're awesome.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 pm

I know, they (MBD) played last Tuesday and I couldn't go!!! I wanted to but was invited to a Braves game by a friend for free before I knew they were playing. Luckily I saw them in October open for Gaslight here in Atlanta. Amazing live show.

PS - the Bosstones rule! I can't listen to them and not smile! Been a fan since I was 14 but I never got to see them live. How do you like Pin Points? At first I thought it was little like Pay Attention (my least favorite album of theirs), but it's really grown on me. Took a few listens to really sink in.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

I love how we are getting more Clash fans every day.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:42 pm

welcome to the board. cool to see another Thrice fan. i was going to see them in a month or so but it turns out it's 18+ Sad
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm

WingsForWheels wrote:
welcome to the board. cool to see another Thrice fan. i was going to see them in a month or so but it turns out it's 18+ Sad

Thanks. Have you heard of The Receiving End of Sirens? If you like Thrice you might want to check them out. I know they've played with them before on tour. They're no longer together but their 2005 album Between the Heart and the Synapse is fantastic. I can't stop listening to it. Progressive post-hardcore songs with great melodies, amazing 3 part vocal AND guitar harmonies. I highly recommend it!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:59 am

simo wrote:
I love how we are getting more Clash fans every day.

it is what the world needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Jersey with pride!   From Jersey with pride! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Jersey with pride!
Page 1 of 1