DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tour dates announced

Go down 
+10
rivercities
IKeeptheDiner
Little Eden
steffuhnee
Vibes
borrowedcar
Janet
steph
cockypessimist
joe
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tour dates announced Empty
PostSubject: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:49 am

http://www.glidemagazine.com/articles/55866/gaslight-anthem-announces-american-slang-tour.html

As a Canadian, I'm pretty disappointed that there are only 2 Canadian dates, both of which are far away from where I live.

The pre-order for The Gaslight Anthem's much-anticipated third album, AMERICAN SLANG, will kick off tomorrow, Tuesday, April 27, on AMERICAN-SLANG.com. AMERICAN SLANG is slated for release on June 15 in the US and Canada (and around the world that same week) on SideOneDummy Records. Produced by Ted Hutt (who produced the band's acclaimed second album, THE '59 SOUND), AMERICAN SLANG heralds a dramatic leap forward for the New Jersey-based band. Tracks such as "Bring It On," "Orphans" and "Stay Lucky" bristle and burn with the spirit of soul and the artistic adventurousness and confidence of a band that has come into its own and truly found its own voice.

Fans of The Gaslight Anthem will have the opportunity to purchase AMERICAN SLANG in multiple formats via AMERICAN-SLANG.com, which will also offer exclusive colored vinyl and other very limited edition merchandise. AMERICAN SLANG will be available as a featured pre-order on iTunes as well starting tomorrow, April 27. The iTunes pre-order features two additional bonus songs: a new track, "She Loves You," and an acoustic version of "American Slang."

The Gaslight Anthem is also pleased to announce that they will performing in New York City to mark their US album release on Tuesday, June 15, at Irving Plaza. Special guest will be Tim Barry (Avail). Tickets for this show will go on sale to the general public on Friday, April 30, at 10 a.m. EST. The band has also announced their first run of US and Canada shows today.

* = w/ Tim Barry and special guests

JUNE
15 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza *

JULY
14 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy *
15 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (special lineup also featuring The Hold Steady and The Whigs)
16 - St. Louis, MO - Pop's *
17 - Kansas City, MO - Midland Theatre *
20 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre *
21 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern *
22 - San Jose, CA - "Music in the Park Series"
24 - Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre *
26 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue *
27 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues *
28 - Columbus, OH - LC Pavillion *
29 - Philadelphia, PA - Great Plaza at Penn's Landing *
31 - Providence, RI - Lupo's *

AUGUST
01 - Montreal, QC - Osheaga Music and Arts Festival
02 - Boston, MA - House of Blues *
Back to top Go down
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:07 pm

got tix for the july 21st show in LA. will be road tripping from Vegas. anyone in that area familiar with the wiltern theatre? is it a good spot for a show?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:15 pm

i was just in LA for a show @ the wiltern last weekend. it's an okay venue. i guess i'd say its on the medium-size, no clue how many people it holds. it's a really pretty older looking venue, all standing/gen. admission below, seating above. it's okay, based on this and another venue i'm familiar with, the venues are getting bigger this tour...
Back to top Go down
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:24 am

thanks for the info steph, last year i saw them in hollywood and it was about the same way you described so ill expect the same
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:29 pm

no problem. i totally blanked out on seeing them in LA last go around, until just now- it was @ the music box @ the henry fonda theatre, is that the one you're talking about? now that i think about it, that's probably a similar size venue. i thought the crowd was obnoxious at that show, and the anaheim show was a lot better, not to mention a much smaller venue. im still hoping they'll add more shows around southern CA, not sure if they have dates available with what dates they've already posted, though.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:04 am

Just bought my LA tickets too Smile I heard At the wiltern only the first 250 people get to be in the pit. Anyone know if this is true?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:07 am

i dont know the exact number, but as i mentioned above, i was @ the wiltern recently, and i can definitely say it's not the same unless you are way up front. i would say that number's probably correct, though.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:28 am

Oh that sucks. But no worries, I should be there early anyways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:24 pm

sure no baltimore
looks like me and vibes are getting screwed
Back to top Go down
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:02 am

yes steph henry fonds is where i saw them, the anaheim show was announced after i already planned the hollywood trip. there were a few dbags there that show but the perfomance drowned them out for sure. I have to road trip since GA only stopped in vegas and that was before i heard of them. me and the gf will be screaming janet and steph . hopefully we see you guys
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

yeah definitely, it was still a good show. haha, ill post a picture of myself on here before the show so maybe we can meet up, say hi, @ the show. you guys should come to the arizona show, too!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:25 pm

I'll also post up a pic later. I wish I could travel to a gaslight show. Barely going to be able to go the LA one since I don't have my license yet... Ha it sucks
Back to top Go down
cockypessimist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cockypessimist

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:21 am

took the week off of work to do some west coast stuff, but we were contemplating doing the ariz show too. will keep you posted, but yea we will post pics so we can see steph and apparently jailbait janet there. Ha!!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:26 am

borrowedcar wrote:
sure no baltimore
looks like me and vibes are getting screwed

I'm in Colorado, remember?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:28 am

oh right
are you going home this summer?
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:12 am

July 21st @ the wiltern for the win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:13 am

I'm all late. Neutral
Whoooo.
Hey, Janet I know you.
We're going to the Gaslight show together.
Aren't we awesome?
Yes, yes we are. & you won't be jailbate by the day of the show!
Haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:55 am

Wiltern for the Win!!
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:59 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Wiltern for the Win!!

I shall see you there! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:42 am

it will my my sixth TGA show.
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:51 pm

it shall be my 4th. Ha, whooo. Smile
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:59 pm

cockypessimist wrote:
took the week off of work to do some west coast stuff, but we were contemplating doing the ariz show too. will keep you posted, but yea we will post pics so we can see steph and apparently jailbait janet there. Ha!!

so here's me
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/general-chat-discussions-f7/post-pictures-of-yourself-t72-220.htm#26718

anyone feel free to come and talk. i'm kind of shy at times, but its ok Smile

and aha, i shall be 18 by the time of the concert Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:02 pm

steph wrote:
i was just in LA for a show @ the wiltern last weekend. it's an okay venue. i guess i'd say its on the medium-size, no clue how many people it holds. it's a really pretty older looking venue, all standing/gen. admission below, seating above. it's okay, based on this and another venue i'm familiar with, the venues are getting bigger this tour...

this is very random but did you go the sf show at the filmore also?
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:27 am

According to their FB a new show will be posted tomorrow!
Keep your fingers crossed for your respective cities

*san francisco bay area* haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:23 am

i dont think it will be a bay area show. They are already playing at the Music in the Park, which is a day after the LA show.
I wish they weren't back to back days so I could attend both shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour dates announced   Tour dates announced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour dates announced
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next