DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just wondering...

Go down 
+5
loazis
thecosmickid
lynchyeatspizza
verbos
simo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MusicFie

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Would it be incredibly selfish of me to just find a way to let the band know how much they've helped me? I've had clinical depression for a while and I was a fan for a while, but I was getting so bad, cutting more and having more suicidal thoughts, wearing all black, etc. But one day I put The '59 Sound, about 5 months ago, and I feel like I've changed so much. Just listening to that, Sink or Swim and anything else by them has made me feel so content and happy, and I'm trying to spread their name around to friends and other people who may need some kind of change in their life. And now remembering back to when I saw them last October, that was the greatest night of my life. Just thinking back to that night sends shivers down my spine and brings me back to better times. Sorry for hogging a post or whatever.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:07 pm

I think they often read messages on Myspace. I'd give that a try.
Back to top Go down
verbos
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
verbos

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:29 pm

That's pretty incredible and I think it's awesome of you to post this. Another great example of the indescribable power of music...
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:40 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 pm

I think they'd be really happy to hear something like that.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 am

I'm convinced they would be delighted to hear such a story indeed.

I'm glad you're doing better now :]

I think we all carry their songs like a comfort wherever we go... at least I do Wink
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Wow, you're very brave to post your story on here! My little sister has struggled with depression too so I can relate to your troubles. Stay strong!

"You took it all gracefull on the chin. Knowing that the beatings had to someday end. You found the bandages inside the pen, and the stitches on the radio." "Boxer" The Gaslight Anthem
This is currently my favorite TGA lyric and I feel it relates to your story. Much love!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 am

MusicFie wrote:
Would it be incredibly selfish of me to just find a way to let the band know how much they've helped me? I've had clinical depression for a while and I was a fan for a while, but I was getting so bad, cutting more and having more suicidal thoughts, wearing all black, etc. But one day I put The '59 Sound, about 5 months ago, and I feel like I've changed so much. Just listening to that, Sink or Swim and anything else by them has made me feel so content and happy, and I'm trying to spread their name around to friends and other people who may need some kind of change in their life. And now remembering back to when I saw them last October, that was the greatest night of my life. Just thinking back to that night sends shivers down my spine and brings me back to better times. Sorry for hogging a post or whatever.

I've let them know about your post
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Awesome...thanks for the feedback guys...Little Eden...I'm listening to that right now. And steady now steady now...sweet!!
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheBronx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
QueenOfTheBronx

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 pm

That's definately fate that you found them. I think that is truly remarkable. Congrats on getting better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just wondering... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just wondering...   Just wondering... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wondering...
Page 1 of 1