DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+49
JimmyB
IrishNameAndAnInjury
I am Incinerator
The Angry Johnny Revue
Philo
Phil Rockabill
drifter69
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Harbortown
LuceroDiehard
Casey
The Boxer
brianisbae
Templeton
efofex
ThisMachineKillsFascists
plugga
ForgottenGhosts
colmillionaire
Holland
Henriflame
JJW319
amberfoyd
PFREEZY
loazis
Jaywalk
Bea
fullcollapse
Perka
Pants
Forum Owner
Daggar Slade
Johnny99
kieran
steph
tdawg
Jukebox Romeo
simo
Daire
Mandacarallo!
Snap
ktp
koolmcr
Stevearm
Refused
Garish
e7c
billy pilgrim
JoshRaymond
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:36 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Well, I finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows part two, pretty good, and pretty acurate to the book...Although there was stuff that was modfied that did not need to be.

Read all the books and seen all the films up until The Halfblood Prince.

Didn't want to see Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 without seeing Pt.1 first, but was dragged along to see it during the summer. I was wildley hungover, feel asleep halfway thru - I recall the bit with Neville at the the woodenbridge when the forcefield/shield is intact then next thing I know Hogwarts is a pile of rubble . . . So can't really comment on the accuracy and whatnot haha
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Philo wrote:
Thanks going out to Steph and Plugga - Dead Man's Bones are a great band, love the sound of Lose Your Soul, quality stuff!

Just wondering whats everybody reading at the moment? Currently I'm reading My Life by Fidel Castro and I'm attempting to finish all of Dickens' Christmas Books before Christmas haha

I was trying to finish the harry Potter series before I saw Part two (Not happening), I just finished The Stand, and probably start to read either 11/22/63, or reread The Dark Tower series, Or maybe even a book about a Pennsylvania Railroad Engineman's life, told from his point of view
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 am

thanks shannon and I agree with you completely!

Philo wrote:
Thanks going out to Steph and Plugga - Dead Man's Bones are a great band, love the sound of Lose Your Soul, quality stuff!

Just wondering whats everybody reading at the moment? Currently I'm reading My Life by Fidel Castro and I'm attempting to finish all of Dickens' Christmas Books before Christmas haha

glad you liked them, I thought they were terribly underrated scratch
I am reading the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and loving it very much!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 am

Philo wrote:

The next book on my list to read is A Christmas Carol. I read it every year but haven't read any of Dickens' other Christmas stories. Are any of them on the same caliber as A Christmas Carol?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:47 am

Harbortown wrote:
So are some women. Specifically feminists who claim that women should be the sole leaders of the world. Which is just as bad as men saying the same thing about their own gender.

feminism... oy vey. people have their many own connotations of it. that's why i say im not a feminist, i'm an equalist or what not...but there are some valid points to feminism, they just happen to not be the points co-opted by pop culture, only the most severe points have, which makes it look bad.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 am

Harbortown wrote:
Ryan Gosling dresses well, and I'm mirin' his aesthetics, but screw feminism.

fuck the feminism issue, dont be hatin...
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 am

Philo wrote:

Currently reading Come As You Are: The Story of Nirvana by Michael Azerrad. I finally got a copy of this one after hearing how great it was from a couple different people. Music biographies are the shit. I hope there will be a few about Gaslight someday!
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:12 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Philo wrote:

The next book on my list to read is A Christmas Carol. I read it every year but haven't read any of Dickens' other Christmas stories. Are any of them on the same caliber as A Christmas Carol?

I don't really think any of them can match A Christmas Carol, I've read The Chimes which above average at best. I've attempted to read The Cricket on the Hearth but i lost intrest in it very quickly, same with The Haunted Man. I think Dickens' is one of these authors who at his best is unrivalled but other times is simply so-so. They're intresting reads but not exactly grasping in anyway haha
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:16 pm

Philo wrote:
Philo wrote:

I don't really think any of them can match A Christmas Carol, I've read The Chimes which above average at best. I've attempted to read The Cricket on the Hearth but i lost intrest in it very quickly, same with The Haunted Man. I think Dickens' is one of these authors who at his best is unrivalled but other times is simply so-so. They're intresting reads but not exactly grasping in anyway haha

I haven't read it yet, its just been sitting on my books for awhile but Great expectations by dickens, for which the gaslight song is written around/named after - (from what I've heard),
is suppose to be fantastic. And you know, if it inspired brian, it must be good
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Yeah A Christmas Carol is a great book, really does live up to all the hype about it haha Little known fact, the most accurate movie adaptation of the book is the Muppets Christmas Carol! Most of the original lines are spoken throughout it haah

Yeah i had to read a lot of extracts from several of Dickens' works for course work a few years ago and Great Expectations seemed quite intresting.

Most of his stuff is avaliable here online : http://www.dickens-online.info/, because they are all avaliable in the public domain!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:30 am

Hey people, I'm looking for suggestions for songs for my band to cover. We're a punk band I guess and we decided that each member gets to pick a cover. But we also decided to only cover bands that aren't current so I'm kind of stuck. I need something that's fun and not too hard, and won't totally suck with only one guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:41 am

simo wrote:
Hey people, I'm looking for suggestions for songs for my band to cover. We're a punk band I guess and we decided that each member gets to pick a cover. But we also decided to only cover bands that aren't current so I'm kind of stuck. I need something that's fun and not too hard, and won't totally suck with only one guitarist.

How current are we talking, I mean you always got nirvana which was more 90s and every single one of their songs is simple as hell. Like thirty( the 80s) years back? I would say green day, but I guess their technically still current. Even though I only like their 90s stuff
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 am

Debonair wrote:
simo wrote:

How current are we talking, I mean you always got nirvana which was more 90s and every single one of their songs is simple as hell. Like thirty( the 80s) years back? I would say green day, but I guess their technically still current. Even though I only like their 90s stuff

how about a song by the Replacements?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 am

By current I think we mainly mean like they aren't still playing shows and releasing new stuff. We actually did play a Nirvana song (guess which one) as a joke the other day at practice but that kind of seems like one of those songs you shouldn't actually play live.

The Replacements are a pretty good idea though.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 am

Debonair wrote:
Philo wrote:
Philo wrote:

I haven't read it yet, its just been sitting on my books for awhile but Great expectations by dickens, for which the gaslight song is written around/named after - (from what I've heard),
is suppose to be fantastic. And you know, if it inspired brian, it must be good

My last english literature exam was all about great expectations, I had to read the book but, of course it's a great book but I really didn't like it that much. Not a huge fan of Dickens, I'm more interested in russian literature.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:18 am

Simo: if you like playing fast punk skaish go with operation ivy, fun very simple songs, always have super fun myself playing them. Unfortunately I don't have a huge range to select, grew up on 90s punk scene more.

So plugga is great expectations worth reading, I mean my only reason for wanting to is because it inspired the song abit
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 am

Read it, definitely
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:16 pm

you guys, we are turning one of my friends at university into a sex symbol, BEST FRIENDS EVER.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:50 pm

plugga wrote:
you guys, we are turning one of my friends at university into a sex symbol, BEST FRIENDS EVER.
How what where why etc.
Also pics.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Harbortown wrote:
plugga wrote:
How what where why etc.
Also pics.

he is a guy!
we do it because we're bored. and because he is really shy so he gets really embarassed when we go around asking girls what they think of him. BEST FRIENDS EVEEEEER.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Debonair wrote:
Simo: if you like playing fast punk skaish go with operation ivy, fun very simple songs, always have super fun myself playing them. Unfortunately I don't have a huge range to select, grew up on 90s punk scene more.

Op Ivy is a great idea actually. Was listening to them this morning and decided to learn The Crowd. I learned it in like 10 minutes. Easiest solo I have ever played haha. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:59 pm

simo wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Op Ivy is a great idea actually. Was listening to them this morning and decided to learn The Crowd. I learned it in like 10 minutes. Easiest solo I have ever played haha. Thanks.

Awesome, I love playing that bass solo intro in the begining.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 am

So many bands have been breaking up recently:

Snowing (got my ticket for the last show...pretty excited)
Grown Ups
O Pioneers!!!
The Saint Catherines
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:19 am

Yeah I'm sad about some of those break ups. I regret missing a Snowing concert this summer. Wish I could go to the last show, but I can't really just drive across the country for it. Grown Ups is weird because I literally got into them one day before they broke up.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:33 am

Would've put you up for the show simo.

Algernon better not break up or I will be super bummed. More into them than all those bands combined.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next