DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jesse Malin

Go down 
+10
Dan_Dog
Down by the Mersey
Mia via di tuono
Rock bus
Jay
Jack
colmillionaire
Daire
Jukebox Romeo
IKeeptheDiner
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Couldn't find one about Jesse. Thought since him and Brian are actually good friends may as well start one. I've heard some of his new stuff, and it is fantastic. I'm not gonna lie, it will definitely be in my top albums of 2010. Anyway, just wanted to start up a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

finally got around to listening to Glitter In the Gutter a few days ago, and played it like 4 times total the first 2 days. didn't like his voice at first, but he grew on me a ton
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm

also, upon listening to The Fine Art of Self-Destruction today, I can say that that album is fantastic as well
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 pm

The new album (Love it to Life), is really where he is beginning to shine. I've heard nothing but good things from people he knows and from what I've heard on the radio. Gotta love NYC radio haha.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

It's him that owns the NYC bar with the Joe Strummer paiinting on the wall outside, right?
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 am

i've only seen him live and was unimpressed. is their a record I should start out with? feel like I should give this guy another shot
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am

I like some of his stuff. Have been listening on and off since...was it Heat? The album with the red cover? Released around 2003.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 am

I've listened to some of his stuff and haven't really taken to it. It just seems like it's stuff I've heard before. Give me an album to change my mind and I'll listen to it for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Jesse Malin is awesome - have loved him since D Generation
And he has now developed in to a great singer song writer

Cant believe someone didnt like him live - as well as great song writer he is also very entertaining

All albums are great but I'd probably recommend Glitter in the Gutter and Fine Art of self destruction (i think these are more up beat than say the heat)
Back to top Go down
jannniii

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: some jesse malin boots on that side   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:10 pm

link: copy the url
h ttp http://btxmp3index.freeforums.org/other-artists-bruce-related-t84.html

enjoy
Back to top Go down
Mia via di tuono
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Has anybody been listening to the new songs on his myspace? They're pretty good, different sound than the old stuff. Really looking forward to the new record.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Been listening to Love it to Life over the weekend and really impressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Totally agree new album is awesome -sounds like hes got some of the fire back in his belly!

Lets hope theres some Uk gigs soon
Back to top Go down
Dan_Dog
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Love the new album....jesse malin is touring the uk in june, the dates are on his website

I get to see TGA and jesse malin in the same week!!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm really getting into his stuff now. I've always liked his music as a casual fan, but I'm absolutely loving everything at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:10 am

Daire wrote:
It's him that owns the NYC bar with the Joe Strummer paiinting on the wall outside, right?
extremely late response, but yeah.. Niagra Bar on Ave A
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 pm

I was just listening to Love it to Life and realized for the first time that Brian does backing vocals on a couple of the songs.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:39 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I was just listening to Love it to Life and realized for the first time that Brian does backing vocals on a couple of the songs.
Are you sure? I know that they became buddies later on but that album was released before Sink or Swim and he's not listed in the liner notes anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Jack wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Are you sure? I know that they became buddies later on but that album was released before Sink or Swim and he's not listed in the liner notes anywhere.
You must be thinking of a different Jesse Malin record. Love it to Life came out in 2010. And I'm positive that's B-Fal's voice.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 4:37 am

Why on earth did I read that as Glitter in the Gutter? I am a goofball, I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Going to see Jesse at the light of day gig in Wales on Saturday, can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 9:57 am

I caught Jesse the other night in the UK - he's here for another week so check him out if you can...
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Love the new song
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/12/09/jesse-malin-reflects-on-new-york-city-in-addicted-exclusive-song/
Record release show on April 11 at the Bowery Ballroom!
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Video is now live  Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPMDiSUX3mM

So excited for the new record!
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm

I went to the first show of the tour in Boston last night. The set was almost two hours, a great balance of new material, old songs and covers, and I always love Jesse's stories in between the songs.
The opener Steve Wynn and Miracle 3 was very good as well.
For those in the NYC area with no plans for tomorrow yet, they are playing the Bowery Ballroom - highly recommended!

A few pictures from last night

Jesse Malin 16917280249_7af2cedf04
Jesse Malin 16915921470_2ce86c4b13
Jesse Malin 16481040514_00142f4258
Jesse Malin 17101957652_a461f53f5e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jesse Malin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Malin   Jesse Malin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesse Malin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next