DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Concert

Go down 
+29
divoz
steady now steady now
vamike
thecosmickid
Johnny99
e7c
drifter69
dapperdecembrist
xstevenbx
Senor and the Queen
PFREEZY
Holland
Izzy Eviel
WWD4D?
benbenben
ktp
steph
simo
MKULTRA
kieran
massie1903
Palmer89
colmillionaire
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
tdawg
Daire
DaveSavedTheDay
mescalero
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

First Concert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 am

The Vandals at Sheffield Leadmill. I can't remember what year it was exactly, but it was on their Internet Dating Superstuds tour. They were running a contest at the time to win a Date with the each band member after the show and me and 3 of my friends spent all day voting for ourselves to win, and win we did. I still have the ticket somewhere. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Izzy Eviel
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Oasis, September 2002 @ Old Trafford, Manchester.

Fantastic gig. The last gig I went to was the Cribs back in December.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Izzyeviel
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:18 am

My first gig was Dashboard Confessional , about 5 or 6 years ago, it was at Manchester Academy, ive grown out of them since then, honestly.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am

Blink 182, Green Day, Saves The Day, and Simple Plan on the Pop Disaster Tour in the Summer of 2002.

I guess I'm the third or fourth person to have their cherry popped by Green Day.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Senor and the Queen
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Senor and the Queen

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Bon Jovi in...2008?
First date too.
Which is kinda something to say I guess...xD
Really wasn't that great, was way too far back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justafailurebydesign.deviantart.com
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
Blink 182, Green Day, Saves The Day, and Simple Plan on the Pop Disaster Tour in the Summer of 2002.

I guess I'm the third or fourth person to have their cherry popped by Green Day.
I wanted to go to that soooo bad. My first concert ever was EMINEM at the first anger management tour. It ruled!
Back to top Go down
dapperdecembrist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:17 am

my first show was a smashmouth show in centennial park in atlanta back in 2000? or maybe 2001? who cares, bottom line is it was a good show, but any show would be good in second grade, right?
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:14 pm

slipknot in cardiff,wales
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 pm

I used to go to a lot of shows when I was in high school, so I am sure my first concert was a high school band... it was either The Triffids (I still think they are awesome), The Decepticonz or The Brassholes. ...or maybe it was all three of them at one show. I am sure the concert was at The Brahma Pit, a local rec center where they hired other high school kids to do "security". I know I used to skank my ass off to those bands!

My first concert that did not involve a high school band was Less Than Jake. I had just bought the compilation "Ska The Third Wave: Volume 2" and loved the LTJ song Liquor Store, so when I saw them play at Planet Nova it was the only song I knew. Planet Nova was a really small club, there were probably 50 people there and it was "sold out" I remember it being so packed that sweat was evaporating, hitting the ceiling and then dripping back down on us! I am guessing this was back in 94, I know Pezcore had just been released and LTJ still had a girl in the band.
Back to top Go down
dapperdecembrist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 pm

e7c wrote:
I used to go to a lot of shows when I was in high school, so I am sure my first concert was a high school band... it was either The Triffids (I still think they are awesome), The Decepticonz or The Brassholes. ...or maybe it was all three of them at one show. I am sure the concert was at The Brahma Pit, a local rec center where they hired other high school kids to do "security". I know I used to skank my ass off to those bands!

My first concert that did not involve a high school band was Less Than Jake. I had just bought the compilation "Ska The Third Wave: Volume 2" and loved the LTJ song Liquor Store, so when I saw them play at Planet Nova it was the only song I knew. Planet Nova was a really small club, there were probably 50 people there and it was "sold out" I remember it being so packed that sweat was evaporating, hitting the ceiling and then dripping back down on us! I am guessing this was back in 94, I know Pezcore had just been released and LTJ still had a girl in the band.
LTJ would be a pretty good first show. I've been screwed out of seeing them three times now, which sucks, considering how good they are. But i wasn't aware they ever had a girl in the band. What instrument did she play, and what happened to her?
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm

h20 in poughkeepsie for my first show.
springsteen closing out the rising tour at shea stadium was my first large scale concert.
but mi madre was knocked up with me she caught a springsteen show and a clash show.
hah so i like to think that it was predetermined that i would listen to awesome music.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
h20 in poughkeepsie for my first show.
springsteen closing out the rising tour at shea stadium was my first large scale concert.
but mi madre was knocked up with me she caught a springsteen show and a clash show.
hah so i like to think that it was predetermined that i would listen to awesome music.

heh, I was born the same day Springsteen played in town I guess it was predetermined for me as well ;p
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 pm

dapperdecembrist wrote:

LTJ would be a pretty good first show. I've been screwed out of seeing them three times now, which sucks, considering how good they are. But i wasn't aware they ever had a girl in the band. What instrument did she play, and what happened to her?

I do not know why she quit, but she used to play sax and I remember her name being Jessica... I had this LTJ shirt that was very Calvin and Hobbes inspired and she was drawn on it playing the sax.
Back to top Go down
dapperdecembrist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 am

e7c wrote:
dapperdecembrist wrote:

I do not know why she quit, but she used to play sax and I remember her name being Jessica... I had this LTJ shirt that was very Calvin and Hobbes inspired and she was drawn on it playing the sax.
I did some research, and apparently Jessica (good call on her name) left to become a teacher. kind of a step down in my opinion but whatever
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 am

dapperdecembrist wrote:

I did some research, and apparently Jessica (good call on her name) left to become a teacher. kind of a step down in my opinion but whatever

I am sure I am going to offend some people with this, but to me there is a hierarchy of jobs and they go like this:

1. is a tie between the military, policemen, firefighters, emt and teachers
2. bands
3. everything else

so I think she probably took a step up!
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 am

mine was donots & midtown, I think in 2000
Back to top Go down
dapperdecembrist
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 am

e7c wrote:

I am sure I am going to offend some people with this, but to me there is a hierarchy of jobs and they go like this:

1. is a tie between the military, policemen, firefighters, emt and teachers
2. bands
3. everything else

so I think she probably took a step up!
i totally agree with you hierarchy, minus teachers. but that might be the angsty teen years speaking up. Just out of curiosity, why do you include them at the top of the list?
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:49 am

I'd include teachers in a bracket above bands, they are afterall trying to raise the next generation into people who have knowledge and can get a job, I can't imagine it being an easy job at the best of times either.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Those who can't do teach. Some of my dumbest friends are going to be teachers. Anyways it's possible to learn more from a band than a teacher. And also underneath 3. everything else I'd put 4. Politicians.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:12 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
Those who can't do teach. Some of my dumbest friends are going to be teachers. Anyways it's possible to learn more from a band than a teacher.

actually in every country other than the USA, teaching is an extremely prestigious profession... I would say it is the equivalent of being a doctor in most places.

PFREEZY wrote:
And also underneath 3. everything else I'd put 4. Politicians.

agreed... except for Dennis Kucinich, he is the man!
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Sorry, just speaking for the USA and also only up until high school.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:59 pm

My first proper gig, rather than some free open air do, was Helen Schneider with The Kick, probably in 1982.

I managed to sit on stage next to one of the monitor speakers. I also got the lead guitarist's pick at the end.

I still think she really rocks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:11 am

e7c wrote:
PFREEZY wrote:
Those who can't do teach. Some of my dumbest friends are going to be teachers. Anyways it's possible to learn more from a band than a teacher.

actually in every country other than the USA, teaching is an extremely prestigious profession... I would say it is the equivalent of being a doctor in most places.

Perhaps in mainland Europe I know Spain has very high standards and teachers are treated with a lot of respect partly due to the quality of their education system. Here in the UK though teachers are paid a pittance for what they do and put up with a lot including a complete and utter lack of respect.

Anyway I think any job that strives to better the world and its condition should be treated with respect and are worthy of praise. Bankers and greedy corporations are the lowest in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 pm

The teachers in Sweden are definitely not as respected as doctors, it's more like a normal middle class job. By the students they are either looked down upon if they're not good or respected if they are good. I hate some of my teachers and I think some are amazing.
Back to top Go down
divoz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
divoz

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 pm

My first concert was in '99 or 2000 and it was BigWig / goB / Eighteen Visions
It was a real cool experience, i screamed for Bigwig to play a Minor Threat song, so they said if i would sing it for them they would, so we did "I Don't Wanna Hear It"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Concert   First Concert - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Concert
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: General Chat & Discussions-
Jump to: