DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanna buy a TGA pick?

Go down 
+3
PFREEZY
CluckyB
tdawg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Wanna buy a TGA pick? Empty
PostSubject: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:53 pm

VIP - Very Important Plectrums - is auctioning off on Ebay various bands' picks for charity. Expensive, but here's TGA's if you're up for it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250515944381&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh man. Its currently one of the highest for the week ($150. A couple of others are also at $150, NIN is $250 and the highest, but its beating the likes of some popular bands like Paramore.

Its for a good cause too. =) Great to see these guys popularity helping charity now =)
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:25 am

If they want to raise money just sell more test presses
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:21 am

You eventually run out of test presses, very quickly.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:41 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Oh man. Its currently one of the highest for the week ($150. A couple of others are also at $150, NIN is $250 and the highest, but its beating the likes of some popular bands like Paramore.

Its for a good cause too. =) Great to see these guys popularity helping charity now =)

It's a great item, because Brian's note is really good, compared to some of the others. Whether he really did all those things with that pick, who knows.

The lower bid for Paramore may have to do with them probably having a younger fan base, whereas TGA also appeals to professionals with buying power.

Keane having a pick in there is a laugh, as they started out as a no guitar band.

I've still got to decide whether to go for this or to spend the money on some original comic art by Leinil Yu. I'll probably opt for the latter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:44 pm

[quote="steady now steady now"]
CluckyB wrote:

Keane having a pick in there is a laugh, as they started out as a no guitar band.

Haha, I was thinkin the same thing. They were better back then w/o guitar too, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm

If I could afford it I would bid because it's for charity, but obviously I can't afford it. I agree Brian's note is pretty cool too- especially compared to some others, it seems likes he actually thought about it!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:17 am

this sold for £ 390, about $ 635
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Is it just me, or is that completely mental?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Woah. I had been checking and it seemed to be stuck at 180 for a while, so I stopped checking.

Any idea what the NIN pick sold for (for comparison purposes)

edit: thanks to some googling, it sold for £386.01. Sure all it takes is two rabid fans to drive the price up -- but its still cool they outsold Nine Inch Nails.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Woah. I had been checking and it seemed to be stuck at 180 for a while, so I stopped checking.

Any idea what the NIN pick sold for (for comparison purposes)

edit: thanks to some googling, it sold for £386.01. Sure all it takes is two rabid fans to drive the price up -- but its still cool they outsold Nine Inch Nails.

and TGA outsold Paramore, which went for £320; so much for Paramore being on the current NME cover for their 4 million album sales (but as I said, their fanbase may not have as much buying power)

waiting to see what Radiohead's pick will go for
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:53 pm

damn. im impressed. more than six hundred bucks? if it weren't for charity, i'd say surely that person could have bought something much better, even something tga- related, for that price!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 am

For the record, here are the top 15 final auction prices:

1. Keane £620.00
2. Silversun Pickups £560.00
3. Kings of Leon £549.00
4. Radiohead £490.00
5. Blink 182 - Mark Hoppus £460.00
6. Paul Weller £450.01
7. The Gaslight Anthem £390.00
8. Ryan Adams £390.00
9. Nine Inch Nails £386.01
10. The Cribs - Gary Jarman £360.00
11. Paramore £320.00
12. The Cribs - Johnny Marr £320.00
13. Stereophonics £310.00
14. Good Charlotte - J.Madden £310.00
15. Powderfinger £297.14

GBP 1 = USD 1.50
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:45 am

sweet bejesus! I think that makes it the most expensive piece of TGA memorabilia!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna buy a TGA pick?   Wanna buy a TGA pick? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna buy a TGA pick?
Page 1 of 1