DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best way to meet the band?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

Best way to meet the band? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi there, I'm flying over from the UK tomorrow for 4 GA gigs this week!! Can't wait! Would love to meet the guys, shake their hands and thank them for being the soundtrack for the last year of my life. Lots of people on here have got pics with them, just wondered how that happens...before the shows at the stage door? After the show outside? Merch stand?....where's the best place to be waiting and when?? Thanks for any tips!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:13 pm

I've always seen them walking around the venue before the show starts
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:06 pm

i met them the same way i meet most bands i see: i chill outside near their trailers for about 45 minutes til i see one of them or they come out. usually works, but you probably aren't able to do this at a lot of venues
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:30 pm

From what I've gathered discussing this on here before its different in the UK (where I am) to the US so you're probably best taking the advice of one of our American users if you're watching them over there (I wont bother to type out how Ive managed to eet them over here, but a lot of it is just down to luck)!

I do envy you flying to the USA for 4 shows though (how are you funding that?!?!)... it will be ace!
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 am

Hey. thanks guys, I'll see what happens and keep you posted! Tomaldo, I'm guessing I'm quite a bit older than the average GA fan, so treating just as a holiday from work.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 am

The easiest way is pretty simple:

1. Know what each guy looks like and what his name is
2. Have the guts to just go up and talk to them

Every time I see them they are either walking around the back of the crowd before their set or just try to find them as they load up their gear after the show
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Tomaldo, I'm guessing I'm quite a bit older than the average GA fan, so treating just as a holiday from work.

Ah right, should be one hell of a holiday... have fun!
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks guys! Met Benny and Brian and had my tour poster signed by all...that's a framer!!! Best way to meet the band? Icon_biggrin Fantastic holiday!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to meet the band?   Best way to meet the band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to meet the band?
Page 1 of 1