DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe

Go down 
+9
CluckyB
Stevearm
simo
lakeeriemonster
ambrose
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
Stalls_Standing
e7c
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm

well if you've seen The Future Is Unwritten, Topper said that he called Joe "Woody" one time 'cause he looked like Woody the Woodpecker, without knowing anything about Joe formerly being called Woody. Joe got in his face and said something like "Don't you ever fucking call me that again, hear me?" seems he was a bit touchy about the name
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
well if you've seen The Future Is Unwritten, Topper said that he called Joe "Woody" one time 'cause he looked like Woody the Woodpecker, without knowing anything about Joe formerly being called Woody. Joe got in his face and said something like "Don't you ever fucking call me that again, hear me?" seems he was a bit touchy about the name

Yeah, that's the audio I just posted above Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:19 am

ohhh...haha nice
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=madferrett&view=videos&query=The+Future+Is+Unwritten

the entire movie right there for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 am

Stevearm wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=madferrett&view=videos&query=The+Future+Is+Unwritten

the entire movie right there for you

One part's missing...that's where I watched. I think it's the whole part about London Calling/Sandinista era.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:46 pm

I know the song is a tribute to The Clash, but the other day I noticed the opening repeated note is basically the same as the start of Social D's cover of Ring of Fire. Coincidence or there some reason for that?
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 am

there are a lot of songs with the exact same chords in the whole song so I think it's just a coincidence.

The beginning is similar to coma girl.
"I was crawling through a festival way out west"
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Ive seen it posted somewhere else that the intro was a nod to the start of English Civil War by The Clash. But there must be hundreds of punk songs that start with palm muted guitar its just one of the traits.
Back to top Go down
Philo
Wooderson
Wooderson
Philo

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:06 am

After listening to this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092HeIG7heE&feature=related (think they talk about Joe for the last 1min/1min:30secs maybe) I find a lot similarities lyrically with Strummerville by Stiff Little Fingers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PucqvJXBgDg) which is simply like, as Brian describes ICYW,J, 'a letter to Joe', its an outright tribute to the icon that is Joe Strummer
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I'd say "the sound from Camden Town" is accurate considering Rehearsals Rehearsals was their base and even home for years. That's not to say their West London ties are meaningless, just that neither are the Camden ties Wink can't wait to visit RR for the 2nd time in June before the Koko show Very Happy it's a pilgrimage for me haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe   Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Analyze: I'da Called you Woody, Joe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2