DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from sweden!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

Greetings from sweden! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:23 am

Hello, I'm new here and I'm from Sweden. Don't know what else to say, I love The Gaslight Anthem tongue
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 am

Welcome mate, I hope you´ll like this forum. I don´t know if here are a lot of swedish users, but quiet very many europeans.

Last edited by thomas94 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:29 am

Hello! I know some good Swedish bands like the Hives and the Sounds. Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:51 pm

hey thecosmickid: jag älskar sverige!
hope i wrote it the right way Smile

a really good friend of mine is leaving for sweden next tuesday to spend a year of studying in stockholm and i am going to visit him.

love sweden for all their awesome bands. surely the country in the world with the most bands relative to inhabitants
i like: millencolin, hellacopters, amorphis, backyard babies, hammerfallm, in flames, pain, pain of salvation, soni syndicate, amon amarth, epica, meshuggah, deathstars =)

tnx for all your great music and of course welcome to this froum thecosmickid. you're one of only a few non-british europeans here =)
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 pm

hey man, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Ah, you're from Austria! I've got relatives there, so I've been there a lot and I really like it there. But you don't have very much good music or have I just missed it?

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch und deine schwedish war korrekt, Ich Liebe Österreich! Btw. Wo ist Graz?

I don't listen to much swedish music but maybe I should give my kinsmen a try?

Thanks for the welcomes everyone and I hope your friend will like it in Stockholm Grazer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:49 pm

oh yeah, i am sure he does. hey says sweden is the only country in the world he would leave austria for Very Happy and by the way: sweden is a place that received "kultstatus" by the young people here in austria and germany (including sweden, canada, australia, japan, berlin, california etc)
he is glad he actually found a room that would not cost him more than 500 euro a month, so i guess stockholm must be a very expensive place. :O

hey that is cool you have got relatives here in austria =) austria is a nice place, i am happy you like it
where exactly do your relatives live and where have you already been?

i haven't been to sweden yet (til i will visit that friend) but i already love it for its music Wink (the bands are mostly different kinds of metal, punk and alternative rock)

graz is actually the second biggest city here in austria:
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graz
and that's the place my parents live:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faaker_See

Last edited by Grazer on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:54 pm

and yes, we actually do have some quite good music here (summoning, screenager, guadalajara, russkaja, velojet etc), most people just don't know it. and austrian media except for one tv- and 2-3 radio-channel do not support austrian artists and bands, it is really sad.

and: a lot of people here tend to just listen to "what ever comes out of the radio" or "whatever is good for partying" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:37 pm

AAArgh!! I wrote a long reply and then somehow it all disapeared! I clicked on a smiley and something weird happened so everything went away!
Well here we go again...

My relatives live in Innsbruck and I've barely been out of Tirol. We usually ski when we're there so of course we like to stay in the alps.

Oh and 500 euro a month sounds crazy if he doesn't want to live right downtown. I'm sure he can get cheaper places farther from town(but still close to a tube sation).

That radio and party thing is the same in Sweden but maybe not to the same extent...well I promise to give those bands you mentioned a try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:44 pm

tirol is beautfiul and has the most gorgeous mountains in all of austria and innsbruck is a cool city. i like the fact that you can see the high snow-covered mountain to the north and south from every place there. and i guess you have also done some apres-ski, right? Very Happy

okay

those are my favs:
the hellacopters, in flames, pain of salvation, the backyard babies, millencolin, amon amarth =)
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm 16 and have only been there with my family so no, not much after ski for me. Plus that's where everybody gets that Austria doesn't have good music 'cause they only play like Anton aus Tyrol xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:58 pm

okay
actually i love skiing. there is nearly no other feeling as beautfiul as the one you have, when you are standing on a mountain's top at 8AM in the sun and with all the snow around shining and knowing you will be the first to get down there =)

and i hate apres ski, never done that, but it is already enough hearing that terrible "music".
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Well, I don´t like apres ski too and maybe you can show us a nice band don´t sounding like Anton aus Tirol. I´m from Germany. The american users may wonder what we are talking about Very Happy . I´ve also been to Stockholm approximately a year ago and I really liked it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 am

well i have a lot of really traditional folk music with songs and instruments a few hundred years old. all of the songs are sung in any of our regional dialects.and we got a lots of very different dialects in our small country, they often change from valley to valley). Most of them are sung in a chorus with such instruments as "zither", "hackbrett" and others. the singers are always dressed up in traditional austrian clothes, in "dirndls" and "anzug"

then we got new artists singing a genre called "austropop". those are more modern artists also singing in diverse dialects. the lyrics most of the time are sociocritical or any other way deep. the only instrument to be played is often the guitar.

and then we have got a new scene rising (it takes a lot of time though, but actually something is happening) with bands playing any type of music. we got ska bands, metal bands, hard rock bands, rock bands and others.

but the popularity of those bands often does not reach out of austria =(

@ thomas94
ich werden österreichische interpreten auf mein mixtape geben.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:21 am

I liked Guadalajara, they were quite damn good actually!
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 am

Finally, another swede! Smile
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Otroligt, en svensk som lyssnar på tga!
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:15 am

Jag vet! Surprised

Såg du dem på Debaser för några månader sen? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:24 am

Very Happy

swedish sounds so funny =)
my friends is currently in stockholm and whenever we get to skype, he talks swedish to me ...
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:52 am

Nä, det var typ precis innan jag började lyssna på dem Sad Men jag såg dom iaf på west coast riot Smile
Men vi får hoppas att dom kommer hit i November!!

Grazer: Do you understand any when you talk over skype with your friend?
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 am

thecosmickid wrote:
Nä, det var typ precis innan jag började lyssna på dem Sad Men jag såg dom iaf på west coast riot Smile
Men vi får hoppas att dom kommer hit i November!!
Synd, der var en jävligt bra spelning. Smile
Men du fick ju i alla fall se dem på West Coast Riot, det fick inte jag.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Men det var inte så bra på wcr, Brian var rätt trött och det blev aldrig något ordentligt drag. Asså det var ju bra men det kunde vart bättre Razz hade hellre sett ett helt set också
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbs64GvGgPU
Sorry y'all, couldn't resist!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from sweden!   Greetings from sweden! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from sweden!
Page 1 of 1