DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Targeting TGA

Go down 
+7
PatientFabiWheel
Stalls_Standing
dandangoose
JoshRaymond
hyperballad
billy pilgrim
e7c
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 pm

As you guys all know TGA was a featured video on MySpace and I think we missed an opportunity.

Hyperballad pointed out that she was concerned with

"myspace whores don't come across it and leave comments saying "0MG U GUYZ R HAWT BBQSAUCE LAWLZ PC 4 PC!""

and I think she is absolutley right, but only hitting the tip of the iceberg. I was more upset with the negative response or the insane responses ("not bad for a christian band"), I think we need to find where these places are and make an effort to get everyone on this forum to post a reply so that only positive things show.

For example, when some posted "these guys suck" if we had posted 5 messages real quick saying how much we love TGA, then that message would have been shoved down, lost and ignored. Basically, if there is a piece of shit on the floor it is obvious, but no one notices all the piles of crap in a field of flowers.

So, with that said, I think if you check out the most recent article on http://www.punknews.org/article/29850

you will see there is nothing good written about TGA... we must fix this!
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Punknews comments give me heartburn. There was a comment on some interview there where someone was pointing out Brian's apparent arrogance in comparing the band "to Elvis and Bruce Willis."

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
hyperballad
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
hyperballad

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I'll make sure to leave a comment if I haven't already.

some girl left this one, which I thought was really funny, and the type of comment I have previously mocked:
"Thats baby making music right thuuuur.. his voice reminds me of springsteeeeen and how effin sexi is that."
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:25 pm

these are great examples, we need to beat these guys down!

just remember, lets just add posts, we don't need to start a flame war with someone.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:40 pm

damn thats smart, E6c your my hero.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:15 am

there are some comments on the myspace that we need to beat down, help me
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:31 am

good work guys! I saw quite a few of you on the comments
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:39 am

I have a new target for us... lets boost up their iTunes ratings. So far there are 6 reviews for the new single...

Kropo, Hyper, Stalls, Josh and DanDan... lets gets on it!

oh, and once we have a bunch up, lets choose one for all of us to post as a helpful review! and on iTunes my name is Dick Snail so don't look for e6c
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:52 am

ill hop right on the itunes thing in a little bit
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/therotpunx
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:51 pm

as well I
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 am

New target, all the kiddies who read Kerrang! are disguester that someone without black hair eyeliner and hair straigheners aren't on the front page this week.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/08/kerrang_magazine_06082008.html

Follow this link and spam them with TGA loving comments!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 am

good find... I see you are pretty pissed off on your message!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 am

were like a TGA Army
Back to top Go down
PatientFabiWheel
A Contender
A Contender
PatientFabiWheel

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:21 pm

One day these kids see the greatness of TGA....maybe!?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 pm

hopefully
Back to top Go down
dandangoose
A Contender
A Contender
dandangoose

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:56 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
were like a TGA Army
Targeting TGA 14wzkh5
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/therotpunx
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Thats fucking sweet, start spreading the world, our army will beat the shit out of the Kiss Army
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:31 pm

e6c wrote:

That ACTUALLY wasn't me. My dad saw it and was like you spelt perenial wrong, and I was like 'huh?'

He showed me the message and it was lamost like my twin! I didn't post that!
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:05 am

Two things about this topic:

1) I've got a new one. on geezfools site http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com/
On the right is a menu of the top 10 outbound clicks, this website does get a fair amount of visitors and so if this forum was on that top 10 list we'd get more exposure. So maybe have a browse round his really good site, and out-click the Gaslight Anthem Message board on the top right link list, and try and get this site into the top 10

2) I do think 'Targeting TGA' is a good idea, but only in some cases, I don't like the whole 'censorship' aspect. I think if people want to write "I'm not digging this band, they sound a bit too much like The Boss for me" then they should be allowed to voice their opinions. However I agree with the idea that people who just post on places: "these guys are all dicks, make your own fucking music', these posts should be targeted. So all for free speech, just not pointless trash talking speech
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:27 pm

when i saw the title to this thread, i thought it was about stalking TGA or something, like finding out where they live and stuff
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:30 pm

You wish, most of them don't actually have homes
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:07 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
e6c wrote:

That ACTUALLY wasn't me. My dad saw it and was like you spelt perenial wrong, and I was like 'huh?'

He showed me the message and it was lamost like my twin! I didn't post that!

That was actually a mate from pissing about using my name as he knows im a huge fan and he hates kerrang.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 am

Hello Twin
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:53 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Two things about this topic:

1) I've got a new one. on geezfools site http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com/
On the right is a menu of the top 10 outbound clicks, this website does get a fair amount of visitors and so if this forum was on that top 10 list we'd get more exposure. So maybe have a browse round his really good site, and out-click the Gaslight Anthem Message board on the top right link list, and try and get this site into the top 10

Well done, we're now top of the outbound list!
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 pm

e6c wrote:
As you guys all know TGA was a featured video on MySpace and I think we missed an opportunity.

Hyperballad pointed out that she was concerned with

"myspace whores don't come across it and leave comments saying "0MG U GUYZ R HAWT BBQSAUCE LAWLZ PC 4 PC!""

and I think she is absolutley right, but only hitting the tip of the iceberg. I was more upset with the negative response or the insane responses ("not bad for a christian band"), I think we need to find where these places are and make an effort to get everyone on this forum to post a reply so that only positive things show.

For example, when some posted "these guys suck" if we had posted 5 messages real quick saying how much we love TGA, then that message would have been shoved down, lost and ignored. Basically, if there is a piece of shit on the floor it is obvious, but no one notices all the piles of crap in a field of flowers.

So, with that said, I think if you check out the most recent article on http://www.punknews.org/article/29850

you will see there is nothing good written about TGA... we must fix this!

I know this is an old post, but it reminds me a lot of when Lex & I would try to promote the AM! forum. Imagine reading a punknews post about Against Me!, it's fuckin' brutal. Punknews kids are crazy. That being said, I think you could make positive posts about TGA all day and there will still be assholes and trolls all over the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Targeting TGA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Targeting TGA   Targeting TGA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Targeting TGA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: The TGA Army-
Jump to: