DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts

Go down 
+4
andy.mac
ktp
steph
Asleepontheforestfloor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dom

Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Empty
PostSubject: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 pm

in february i went to see the gaslight anthem in Birmingham, UK and saw this really nice black jumper (well i'm pretty sure it was a jumper) on the merch table that had a sort of postcard design with 'Maria' in the address box. anyway, i didn't have enough money on me at the time but since then i've tried to track it down to but it but have had no luck finding it anywhere!

does it even exist!? can i buy it online!?

any help would be much appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 am

They had it on a tshirt as well- maybe it was a tshirt you saw it on, thought they may have had it on a jumper too. It said something like Japan/Toyko if I remember correctly. I wanted the tshirt but ended up getting the one with the bowling pin on instead. I have yet to find it online but if anyone knows where you can and could let us know that would be ace.
Back to top Go down
dom

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:05 pm

yeah that's the one, i'm pretty sure it was a jumper because it was about £25 if i remember and all the t-shirts were around £15. if anyone know's anything about getting hold of one let me know!
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:30 pm

whats a jumper?
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:52 pm

im guessing sweater, i think that's what brits call sweaters.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Oh ok. I haven't seen em online.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:55 am

steph wrote:
im guessing sweater, i think that's what brits call sweaters.

haha never realised you don't call them jumpers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I think I use both jumper and sweater, probably jumper more frequently though- I thought it was the same everywhere!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Nope, never heard an American use the word. Unless they're referring to someone trying to commit suicide by jumping off a building!
Back to top Go down
Simo (to

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:26 am

This is slightly off topic but I'm not really happy with any of TGA shirts they have on their site. Wish they'd make some like this:

Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Combostkpak

Also, at least in my experience, a jumper refers to a dress like this. I am American btw. I understand there are differences between British and American English...sometimes humorous ones!

Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Heart_Jumper_Dress
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:54 am

hehe we'd call that a pinafore dress! love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:59 am

for what it's worth they're called either jumpers or sweatshirts here.

however, things always get categorised into being called a top.

a top can cover a shirt, both long and short sleeved, a polo shirt, a t shirt, a jumper/sweatshirt etc.
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:26 am

I don't like the lack of girls tees they have pale I'm small and skinny so the mens sizes are no good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

There's a new guys tshirt up now:

http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/-strse-27/The-Gaslight-Anthem-T-dsh-Shirt/Detail.bok
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 am

The Suddenly Gaslight shirt? That's been there for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Vibes wrote:
The Suddenly Gaslight shirt? That's been there for a while.

Ah right, sorry. I hadn't been on the site for a bit and no one had mentioned it, so assumed it was new (as I hadn't seen it before) and thought people may not have known...
Back to top Go down
Deeper Shade of Blue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Deeper Shade of Blue

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 pm

I've got the T Shirt originally mentioned with the Tokyo Stamp and it simply says From The Gaslight Anthem with Love from New Jersey. Plain black with red and white print will try and upload a picture when it comes out of the wash!

I love the language differences.... in the UK we can have a sweater, jumper (most common I suppose), sweatshirt, pullover etc
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 pm

I want a tee!! Where can I get a girls fit one from?
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:44 pm

The merch store on TGA's site (not the myspace) had some if I recall...

ah, here you go: http://stores.homestead.com/gaslight/Categories.bok?category=Apparel%3AGirlie+Shirts
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:46 am

RunawaySmile you can try www.backstreetmerch.com , may work out cheaper in the UK and I got my first Gaslight tshirt from them. Most other UK band tshirt stores go through them.
Edit: http://www.backstreetmerch.com/artist.asp?artist=gaan&category=1

english anthem did you but that Tokyo tshirt when they were last on tour?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts   Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! Purchasing TGA Shirts
Page 1 of 1