DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heys from Portugal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kords
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Hey guys.
I've been registered for some time, but just now I'm posting.
I''m from portugal, 21 years old guy.

I usually listen to hardcore, but I love the Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Hello Kords, welcome to the forum.

How did you get into The Gaslight Anthem?
Back to top Go down

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:53 am

hey back to portugal

it's the same with me, i'm usually more into hardcore, prog and even metal (and of course ska) but i do also like gaslight anthem Wink
Back to top Go down

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:32 am

Whoa, Portugal... welcome!
If you're usually into hardcore this again shows how wide the Gaslight Anthem's appeal is- I never listen to hardcore, prog, metal or anything vaguely similar, yet our musical interest overlap with this band, which I think is great.
Back to top Go down

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:00 am

yeah, diversity is something wonderful Smile
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:01 pm

hey, welcome. i think you're our first portuguese person. i don't think they've played any shows near there, so how did you first hear about Gaslight?
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Hey. Welcome to the forum.
The diversity of this place is indeed awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Hey, welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
kords
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Thank you all Smile.
Well, I got into the band one day I was talking with a friend of mine who usually flyes out to Boston - she's an air hostess - and buy lots of albuns there, 'cause here they're kinda expensive, and told me that she had bought some bluesy punk album that I would like. Once I always believed that she has a good musical taste I listened to that album. It was called Sink or Swim, and man, it was shockingly good. I got stoked on the very first listening. After that, they became my favourite band.

It's cool, 'cause I never thought it would be possible to see them live unless I fly over to Spain or London, and then they got confirmed here at Lisbon at Alive Fest. I know it's not the same, and I still wait for them to comeback here for their own show, but it was great. Then I'm just waiting for someone to bring them again.

Despite their music, which we already know that it's magical it's the ability they have to put people listening to good old music. I mean, I always knew about 'the Boss', Miles Davis, Ottis Redding, etc, but I never got the spark to go on listen to them, and after see them been refered on the songs, I did it. And, obviously, loved.

Well, thanks again, if you wanna see what I usually listen, take a look:
http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/kords

PS
Sorry 'bout my English not being perfect ahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heys from Portugal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heys from Portugal   Heys from Portugal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heys from Portugal
Page 1 of 1