DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV

Go down 
+4
Stevearm
Daire
Forum Owner
SuddenMovements111
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SuddenMo

Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:49 am

I've been grabbing things from here so I thought I'd contribute. This was ripped at 320kbps, tagged, normalized and zipped ... if this is old news or already posted, my bad. Enjoy everyone.

Back to top Go down
SuddenMovements111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:54 am

Wasn't logged in...

http://www.mediafire.com/?dbyyvjtndcj
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:42 am

Awesome dude - thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks a million. Did you grab the 59 Sound and Great Expectations too?
Back to top Go down
SuddenMovements111
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Nah, the only one I saw on Sun's site was this cover and after I listened to it thought it deserved to be shared ... if someone wants to send me a link to the others, I can rip them
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/article307898.ece?channel=Biz+Sessions&clipID=1347_SUN25129

there ya go ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:21 pm

mp3s/videos have already been posted by Tobi in the thread in the News section - http://rapidshare.com/files/251331672/The_Gaslight_Anthem-The_Sun_Bizsessions-2009.rar
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm

I would really like to hear a "polished" version of this song... I think it could be great.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:51 am

what do you guys think about this song? not Brian's cover, but the song in general. everyone thinks of it as a sad song, especially because of Cale's and Buckley's versions, but even those versions, i see as kind of peaceful, content song. Hallelujah is a celebration, and the song seems like the singer's at peace, settling down, and just generally happy

the whole song feels like one of those nights where you end up not doing anything except watching tv on the couch with your friends, but it's a great night, and you feel just really happy overall at the end. finding happiness in simple, everyday things. that's what this song feels like to me. idk, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:02 am

IDK, it's a peaceful sounding song, but the lyrics are really beatdown. He conjures up the life of King David and his downfall with Bath-sheba. It also references the Biblical story of Sampson (his lover, Delilah, sold him out to his enemies and they "cut his hair," stealing his strength). Neither love story ended well.
The song then pulls that into a modern love that went bad. He talks about how it used to be so great and both lovers thought everything was perfect (every breath we drew was Hallelujah [which means "praise Jah/God" btw]). But now, they've got nothing in common. She doesn't even care for music. it's not a victory march but a cold and broken hallelujah. As he closes out the song in the last verse, he says

"but all i've ever learned from love
was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.
It's not a cry that you hear at night,
it's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah"

It doesn't talk about much happiness really :\
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV   Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) on SunTV
Page 1 of 1