DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cover of Rocksound magazine

Go down 
+10
Prisoner
Daire
ktp
Refused
Snap
tigrr13
Vibes
steady now steady now
lynchyeatspizza
steph
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:33 pm

New album should be very interesting, sounds like it's going to vary a bit from anything previous.

I have full faith in them (more than any other band I know) to make a great record.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Can't wait for the new album. That interview definately showed a different side to Brian, but like he said during it, people making opinions on him just from press, isn't accurate. So fair play.

Benny is still the fucking king though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:15 am

I thought it was good to do the profile bits of the Alexes and Benny, 'cos often too much light (not necessairly in TGA) can be on the lead singer when he/she is only 25% of the band.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:28 am

Tomaldo wrote:
I thought it was good to do the profile bits of the Alexes and Benny, 'cos often too much light (not necessairly in TGA) can be on the lead singer when he/she is only 25% of the band.

The Alternative Press feature also had a sidebar and Benny and Alex R.'s side project, Spiro Agnew.

So yes, without all four of them, TGA wouldn't be what it is, as a listen to the This Charming Man album shows. Benny's drumming and Alex R.'s guitar make a curcial difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:11 pm

has anyone from the US tried to order this? im trying to purchase it from rock sound's ebay shop, and it lets me change my country to the US and gives me the postal rate for shipping to the US, but when I go to check out, it still has "choose your county" and they are all british, there is nowhere for me to put the state i live in. i dont have an ebay account, but that shouldnt matter...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:39 am

steph wrote:
it still has "choose your county" and they are all british

do you actually have to choose a county/state in addition to your country?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Rock Sound really, really like TGA, as the new issue comes with a TGA poster (see cover), following last month's TGA cover

www.rocksound.tv/magazine/article/issue-125-august-09

cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Issue125_300
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Oooh I wonder if the poster will be any good.
I haven't bought a magazine in years, they're so expensive these days and thinner than they used to be. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:36 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
steph wrote:
it still has "choose your county" and they are all british

do you actually have to choose a county/state in addition to your country?

on the first page it lets me change my country to the US and gives me the updated postal charges. then when i click "buy it now" it has "united kingdom" on the top of my address info and its un-changeable, doesnt give me a place on the shipping info to put "usa."
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:37 pm

and yeah, i can put the city i live in but it still says united kingdom and has a list of uk counties to choose from, whereas if it would let me change it to united states it would probably give me a list of states to choose from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:03 am

Have you got the poster Steady? If you have, what's it like?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Have you got the poster Steady? If you have, what's it like?

I won't buy the issue just for one poster, sorry
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 am

bit of a crap photo sorry but here it is!

cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Dsci0710
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:02 am

ktp wrote:
bit of a crap photo sorry but here it is!

thanks KTP; I'll give this one a miss, though it would be a good one to get signed, because of the light sky by their heads
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 am

very true! good thinking!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah that's not a great photo, why would they make that into a poster?
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm

haha i meant my photo of the poster but hey!

i don't like the lens they used for the whole interview and poster pics. think it was a wide angle so all the band look weird and distorted.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Well, I'm not trying to sound like a professional or a know it all here, but I did attend a photography institute for a year and a half, so I like to think I'm qualified to say a picture isn't so great, haha. The composition is boring, it does look a little distorted, and the photographer obviously didn't have much of a rapport with the band, cause they're not engaged or lookin interested at all. But then again, I just picked up July's Rock Sound w/ em on the cover, and I gotta say, those pix aren't so great, either.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:34 am

i think thir wide angle lens got stuck and they can't get it off! why can't we have a normal picture that's an interesting composition?! and yes they do look bored! benny's not even looking i don't think!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:54 pm

steph wrote:
Yeah that's not a great photo, why would they make that into a poster?

just as well they didn't make KTP's crap photo into a poster ...

Last edited by steady now steady now on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:55 pm

steph wrote:
Well, I'm not trying to sound like a professional or a know it all here, but I did attend a photography institute for a year and a half, so I like to think I'm qualified to say a picture isn't so great, haha. The composition is boring, it does look a little distorted, and the photographer obviously didn't have much of a rapport with the band, cause they're not engaged or lookin interested at all. But then again, I just picked up July's Rock Sound w/ em on the cover, and I gotta say, those pix aren't so great, either.

same session and same photographer, I assume; there is a video online about the shoot (link must be in an earlier message)

wide angle lenses have a time and place, but Asbury Park in 2009 wasn't one of them
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:26 am

steady now steady now wrote:
wide angle lenses have a time and place, but Asbury Park in 2009 wasn't one of them

hear hear!

oh and cheek about my crap photo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cover of Rocksound magazine   cover of Rocksound magazine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cover of Rocksound magazine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2