DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finding the forum

Go down 
+7
RunawaySmile
geezfools
laurendelore
JoshRaymond
rosstbh
lex
e7c
11 posters
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 am

today I am working at a different computer, and I wanted to check the forum.. I went to google and tried all sorts of different combinations to find this place

the gaslight anthem
the gaslight anthem forum
the gaslight anthem forum big
the gaslight anthem forum pro

none of these searches found this site on the first 5 pages! Does anyone know how we can get google to put this higher up?

for the record I found it with thegaslightanthem forum as my search
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am

So I have looked into Google's AdWord program and have decided that it is the way to go to get more notice...

I get 3 lines of Text (the 4th line is the website), so help me out with ideas... so far I am going with:

The Gaslight Anthem
The website for TGA fans!
New CD The '59 Sound 19 August

I think we can come up with a better 2nd line. Help me!
Back to top Go down
lex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
lex

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:59 am

Register it on all the web directories, that will bring the bots and then it will slowly move up on the search engines.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 pm

wuh? zuh? guh?

How do you do that?
Back to top Go down
rosstbh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rosstbh

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am

I could post the link in the shoutbox on their last.fm page if you'd like?
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:36 am

yes do it
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Hell yeah! The more places the better... which reminds me I still have not done the google ad thing because it requires paypal
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:05 am

It might be worth it to try and check out options for registering a domain name, such as gaslightanthemforum.com or something of the sort. It's not necessary, but I've just found that people seem to have an easier time remembering your URL if it's straight to the point, and I think bots are able to find your site better too. Start researching ways to get the Googlebot (Yahoo and msn search engines have bots too) to come to the forum, bots are amazing. They basically "crawl" through the forum and pick up keywords and sentences to add back into their respective search engines, so when those words are typed in..your forum pops up!

Also, just keep doing what you're doing. Promoting on last.fm is awesome! I've gotten a good amount of people to the AM! forum from there. Lex made a myspace for our forum so she could message more people about it, and I think that's helped a lot. TGA are growing and growing..the TGA forum is going to grow too.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:34 pm

I get tons of hits to my blog from the this charming man last.fm page, probably a couple every day, so try and get that posted on there and then check back every few days to make sure it doesn't get bumped to the bottom too quick
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:53 am

good thinking geezfools!
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:00 pm

It took me a year to discover this forum. I never knew it existed.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:40 pm

did you ever search for one before and not find it? or did you just stumble upon it recently? either way, we need to do better marketing. i've posted links on most of the facebook groups, but that's about it
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 pm

The Official Gaslight Anthem Fan Forum? We can replace line 2 with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Vibes wrote:
The Official Gaslight Anthem Fan Forum? We can replace line 2 with that.

yeah, i like that better
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:56 pm

and yes, it is difficult to find this forum...funny, i cant remember how i stumbled upon it, though
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:52 am

To be fair it is linked on the bands actual official site, can't get much more of an acolade than that, would have thought most fans would have found it along the way at some point.

Think thats how I found it.
Back to top Go down

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:54 am

I found it through the official website.

I also like Vibes' second line suggestion.

When I google 'Gaslight Anthem forum' it's the top link.

Maybe someone with Myspace could ask Benny (if he's still running it!) to put a link on the Myspace page as well, if there's not already one on there. I know lots of people check out bands on there.
Back to top Go down
RunawaySmile
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RunawaySmile

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:30 pm

I searched before on google and never found it. And then I was poking around the official website properly for once and found the link. It would be easier if there was a tab link on the homepage or if the band took this and made it into their official forum. Lots of you guys have met them, suggest it to them next time Wink
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm not sure whether this does count as an offical forum as not, I guess it's not really affilated with the band or the guys themselves but it is on their website.

If there's one forum which is likely to become official it's this one I guess?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the forum   Finding the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding the forum
Page 1 of 1