DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum

Go down 
+5
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
JoshRaymond
steady now steady now
Vibes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Last nigh at the Asbury show I met up with Steph who runs the street team and talked to her a bit about the work that she's doing for the band. She said that she's working with some guys building a brand new website for the street team and we talked about incorporating this forum as the forum for her site. Hopefully we'll have a forum link on every page of her site so fans can get here to talk about everything easily and in a very accessible way.

We really wanted to bring all of the fans together in one place online.

I also talked to Benny, Alex R., Hollie and a few people from Gaslight's management about this site and Steph's efforts to bring us all together. The management people have seen this site and they're definitely on board with our efforts as fans.

I'm hoping that the guys from the band will jump on here once and a while and make a few posts, interact with the fans online a bit but they're busy guys so who knows.

Things are moving forward though as far as our little online community goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Well done Zack and the rest of the DimestoreSaints crew!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm

damn thats awesome news
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 3:05 pm

sick. i hope they do post on here a little bit, like Frank Turner does. that would be pretty cool, and we could get an ask the band section like Turner does, so if we didn't get a chance to talk to them at a show, we could still ask them something that we're interested in finding out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Nice one Vibes. I was thinking it would be good to try and incorporate the band or at least get some official interaction, as well as something to do with the street team. The response you got seems to be good. It would be amazing to get the band on here. Good work dude, future of the boards looks promising.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:50 pm

I had emailed back and forth with Stephanie last month, basically I was trying to convince her to close down the forum that she had started and just join here.

I see the myspace fan club as a place for quick information, the forum is for actual discussion
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:09 am

Well she seemed to be pleased with the work that we do here to the point that this is the new forum
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:32 am

Great work everyone! Things are moving together so nicely! We have such a good forum here with so many awesome members who continue to make it interesting and enlightening!

Having the band post a few comments, or maybe take a few questions would be cool. But they are busy!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:49 am

e7c wrote:
I had emailed back and forth with Stephanie last month, basically I was trying to convince her to close down the forum that she had started and just join here.

I see the myspace fan club as a place for quick information, the forum is for actual discussion

I think when I breifly checked out their forum I saw e7c had posted a comment recommending they head over here!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:39 pm

coolio cheers vibes! i see what you were referring to on twitter now! Smile lets keep it up guys and gals! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:45 pm

I don't see the point of a street team if the band can sell out pretty much every show they play on a tour? Sorry, gots to be a cynic in every crowd, just never saw the point for a band that blew up and is on lettermen and shit.

Stoked to see the forum grow though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 am

I meant to post ages ago.

First off this sounds like it will be a real good thing for this place.

Second any news on how this is progressing?

Thirdly thanks to everyone that contributes and works hard to make this place awesome.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:43 am

Things are coming along. Steph is still working with the web designers and their new site should be ready soon with big links at the top for us.

The point of a street team is to spread the name of the band in its early stages and while TGA is successful, there's always more to be done. The goal is to spread the band's name to new circles of music fans, that's all. It's awesome that the guys are selling out venues wherever they go, let's keep it that way.

I'm most excited for the people who are heavily involved in the street team, Steph has around 1300 members total, to get on here and know that there's an online community for them. I'm trying to get the guys on here. I've told their management about the site as well as Alex R. and Benny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:14 am

Vibes wrote:
I'm most excited for the people who are heavily involved in the street team, Steph has around 1300 members total, to get on here and know that there's an online community for them. I'm trying to get the guys on here. I've told their management about the site as well as Alex R. and Benny.

That's awesome, and probably the next step to take both the street team and the forum forwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum   Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things Happening With DimestoreSaints.com and the Forum
Page 1 of 1