DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon - Album??

Go down 
+3
JoshRaymond
steady now steady now
liveit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Brian Fallon - Album?? Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:21 am

From his MySpace blog:

Friday, May 01, 2009

Album Answer
Thanks to everyone who's been taking time to check out this page, and coming up and asking about a record on the Gaslight tour, here's the answer... I'm working on the next Gaslight Anthem record right now, and that's my first priority, however, I'm noticing that as the songs come along they fall into two categories, which as you can imagine, one pile for Gaslight, one pile for this endeavor. This is actually making things a lot easier on me because the songs are making themselves obvious where they want to go according to the record we, The Gaslight Anthem, have decided to make. So right now the plan is to finish the writing of 40 songs, I have a really good friend who said the best thing, "Every songwriter has an average of about one in four songs being amazing." so, with my brain, that said, "write forty songs, choose ten." In between though there are songs like "Tin Pan Alley" coming out which don't fit the next Gaslight record, so they go here, when I'm done I should have two records ready. I can say that I feel very strongly that there will be a new Gaslight record before I do anything of my own, but I may release some singles or 7" or something, we'll see. I'll do a record by myself when the time is right. Just keep checking the Side One Dummy website www.sideonedummy.com they're on top of it all.

So thanks for listening,

Thanks everybody!

Brian
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:35 am

This is great news all round. I can't wait (but wait I must).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:42 am

damn thats awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Another Gaslight Anthem record being Brian's priority, but a solo album in the works as well for songs that 'don't fit'! Can't wait for either!!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm

That's awesome.

I don't think it's right to call it a solo album. I think it's just going to be miscellaneous tracks that escape through his myspace. At least for now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Perfect!
This way we get the best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:28 am

Vibes wrote:
I don't think it's right to call it a solo album.

Thinking about it, you're probably right with that.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:57 am

Hoping for a few 7"s
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:26 am

I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon - Album??   Brian Fallon - Album?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon - Album??
Page 1 of 1