DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lanemeyer - Alarm EP

Go down 
+13
emmahallows
Bea
rhg5010
ksupilot
steady now steady now
thecosmickid
JadedGoober7
lynchyeatspizza
mysundown0702
efofex
Jukebox Romeo
LBAZ
Prisoner
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Empty
PostSubject: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:10 am

So you probably all know that Brian was in Lanemeyer and sang on a song called Alarm.
I just downloaded the Alarm EP and noticed he is also singing on the song Somebody To Shove. I don't think anybody noticed this yet.

Here's the track: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ba902e4a098078dee7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871

ps. Also 59 posts cheers
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 am

I downloaded it. Great song but was that Brian singing the whole way through? I couldn't hear any guest vocals.
I understand that people's voices change as they progress as musicians so I wouldn't be suprised if it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 am

There are 4 songs on that EP. The first two are by the other singer. The third song is Alarm. I think it is Brian singing all the way through.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am

Ahh right.
I found them on myspace and it says that he was in the band but there are no pictures of him in any of their albums.
I was hoping to get a picture of 90's Brian.

His voice threw me off too. I guess you can compare it to the progression of either Springsteen or Strummer. Their albums are almost a documentation of how their voices have changed over their music careers and this EP is just another one in the progression of Brian Fallon.
No one was born an opera singer if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:56 pm

here are some pics of Brian: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP L_ec05c7239bc8933e54876374395019ab
Lanemeyer - Alarm EP 017
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Nice!
Thanks Jukebox Romeo! Bass solos and vintage Brian pictures?
You're spoiling me!
Thanks again...
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:08 pm

yeah, no prob. except you gotta thank efofex for those first two. he posted them in the Larry Arms thread awhile ago. i don't think he posts here anymore though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:40 pm

He looks pretty much the same as he dones now on the bottom pic... is that him with blonde hair in the middle one???
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:50 pm

yeah. looks hilarious
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
yeah, no prob. except you gotta thank efofex for those first two. he posted them in the Larry Arms thread awhile ago. i don't think he posts here anymore though

*She. Wink

And I lurk often (ooooh, how creepy am I?). I just don't think my opinion on things are so important that they warrant a post. However, I'm usually...around.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:48 am

oh my bad. what's up?
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 am

thanks efofex by the way.
His hair brought me many laughs.
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
oh my bad. what's up?

Ah, no worries!

I'm well, just dealing with college decisions, the massive scorcher SoCal is having today, and trying to gauge how important going to prom is (it's in ~2 weeks and I'm dateless; not even really sure if I want to go). Petty things, for the most part. How about yourself?
Back to top Go down
mysundown0702
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:15 pm

the other song brian sings on this album is a cover song, and the other singer for the first two songs is mike doyle co vocals on all the other lanemeyer albums with chris barker. you can find all of these songs on the last lanemeyer re-release of both albums and unreleased, altho im pretty sure the 2 brian songs are not on there due to personal reasons with lanemeyer
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:39 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytgljwyycro

here is the whole EP at request from lyncheatspizza
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks Prisoner. Downloading now!

Edit: Download finished. the songs are pretty good. Sounds alot like surrogate! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:52 pm

mysundown0702 wrote:
the other song brian sings on this album is a cover song, and the other singer for the first two songs is mike doyle co vocals on all the other lanemeyer albums with chris barker. you can find all of these songs on the last lanemeyer re-release of both albums and unreleased, altho im pretty sure the 2 brian songs are not on there due to personal reasons with lanemeyer

The cover song is by Soul Asylum, tho' the album it was on marked a decline in the band imho.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 6:11 pm

The download link doesn't work and I can't find that alarm song either, does anybody know where I can find it?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 am

The original link doesnt work but Prisoner reupped the EP. Check out about 4 posts up. It works!
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:06 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
The original link doesnt work but Prisoner reupped the EP. Check out about 4 posts up. It works!

Thank you! Very Happy

His voice has really improved...
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 am

Yeah, the voice in the EP is very much like his singing in The Coffeehouse Sessions, Amping Copper and Surrogate Mac. I think that is what his voice used to sound like, then it progressed to the CRT sound, then She Coulda Raised the Titianic sound, and the This Charming Man and to how it is now. 
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

I queried this with Lanemeyer themselves, to see if we'd missed anything. Here's Mike Doyle's reply:

"Brian recorded 2 songs with us. One can be found on 'Punk Rock Strike: Punk Rock Strikes Back, Vol. 2', song 'Alarm' (Springman Records, 2001). The other was a cover of "Somebody to Shove" by Soul Asylum but we never released it and I don't even have a copy haha."

He also wrote that "Brian played in Lanemeyer when we toured with the Lawrence Arms".

There is no mention of an Alarm EP, as referred to in this thread, in Mike's reply nor on Lanemeyer's Wikipedia page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:03 am

Did anyone ever find out if it is Brian singing in this "Alarm EP"? The download link does not work anymore though.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:25 am

If the first page of the post didn't prove it to you, then no, but it is definitely Brian. It sounds exactly the same as he always does.
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Does anybody still have this? The link expired and I can't seem to get it from Kraytracker. Re-up?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lanemeyer - Alarm EP   Lanemeyer - Alarm EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lanemeyer - Alarm EP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next