DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tour Uniform Idea

Go down 
+5
xstevenbx
liveit
Daire
Jukebox Romeo
Vibes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:09 pm

I started doing this last year, I hope you guys will do it too. Since it's kind of taboo to wear a gaslight shirt to a gaslight concert, I always wear Blue Jeans and a white t-shirt.

It might make for an easy way to recognize other forum members at shows (if there are any)
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:13 pm

yeah man, never wear a band's tee to their show. people know you like them, wear another band's t-shirt

and I think regardless, I'm always gonna wear blue jeans and a white t-shirt to every Gaslight show I see, as that is my favorite song of all time
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Mine too. I wish I'd written it every time I play or listen to it
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:32 pm

But what shoes do you wear? Won't someone please think of the shoes!!?!

Not that I've seen 'em live yet but that's what I intend on wearing. I may write something on the front of it witha marker, no idea what that may be though.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 pm

"Don't look at my shoes" write that then you won't have to worry about what shoes to wear. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:02 pm

this is so nerdy. not that there's anything wrong with that. the word "dedication" comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 pm

I am all for us wearing something that helps to identify us, but since I always wear a kilt to concerts I say we go with that!

Tour Uniform Idea 100_5611
TGA and Me!

Tour Uniform Idea Agains10
Against Me! and Me!, my wife and Monk-o-tron in the womb

Tour Uniform Idea Cobra_10
Cobra Skulls and Me!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:11 am

haha a kilt would make it more interesting!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 am

Grey Jeans, Clash T-shirt mate
Tour Uniform Idea OMFD
Back to top Go down
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm

a bunch of folks from the Hold Steady message board got together and decided on a t-shirt idea to wear to concerts. the phrase "Unified Scene" makes a bunch of appearances in some Hold Steady songs, so that's what they called the project.

everyone gets their own number, that they pick out, and the two or three folks that organize the whole thing keep a master list of numbers so that there won't be any duplicates.

the organizers can get the shirts bought and printed up extremely cheaply via some person that they know that has a t-shirt business, i think. every few months, they put out the call for new folks that want shirts, and once they reach a certain cut-off point, the list is closed, and if you didn't make it, you get added to the list for the next round a few months down the line.

the cost is covered by folks sponsoring shirts. you aren't paying for your one shirt and that's it. you give what you can to the cause, be it $2 or $50 or whatever. or even nothing. if you get your name in in time, you get a shirt, regardless if you pay or not. the Unified Scene folks are cool like that. it's a collective love for the band and the community, see. it's an honor system thing, sort of. you give if you can, but don't worry if you can't. someone else has got your back, so to speak, and you'll have someone else's back this round if you can, or the next. whatever. the point is, everyone gets together to make it happen.

so if you ever go to a Hold Steady show and see a bunch of folks wearing shirts that say "Unified Scene" and have a number on them, that's why. the band will usually give a shout out to Unified Scene folks in attendance at their shows. it's pretty neat and pretty cool to see a group photo of all the US kids at a show pop up on the message board the next day.

for the record, i'm US #3.14 Smile

not saying we should do that for the Gaslight boys, but i figured it was relevant.
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Vibes wrote:
Cool stuff.

yeah. completely nerdy and such, but still fun.
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
Sponsored content

Tour Uniform Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour Uniform Idea   Tour Uniform Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour Uniform Idea
Page 1 of 1