DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danny Miller

Go down 
+8
Daire
Emyr
Vibes
Deeper Shade of Blue
Forum Owner
TonyRockyHorror
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Danny Miller - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 pm

alright guys, i've been really incredibly awful about getting this thing recorded, due to Moondog Studio closing, a funeral, and some other unexpected funds, but i decided to just record the thing on my new laptop and save myself the $250+ for recording/mastering. i'm gonna hit the "studio" tomorrow and try and crank it out as fast as possible. i will report back here when done
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 pm

the record is done! still need to mix it a little bit, but i'll get a download link for you guys soon. it's not exactly the crystal clear quality i hoped for, but it'll do. i think it turned out pretty well. can't wait for you guys to hear it and to get some feedback on it
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm really excited Danny. Any interest in a muxtape account for your music?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 pm

oh yeah, i forgot about that. yeah, definitely. anything that'll help get my music out there would be great
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:36 pm

as promised awhile ago, here is the finished version of "The Last of the Jukebox Romeos"! i've been really busy at college, so it's been hard to find time to finish the art and mix it. and as of today, i am retiring the London Calling cover as my avatar, replacing it with my album cover. so, here you go!

Danny Miller - Page 2 Cover10

1. 250 Miles From Last Summer
2. Aspirations, Never Realized
3. MLIA
4. This River Was On Fire
5. Opposing With Manly Firmness

Code:
Danny Miller - The Last of the Jukebox Romeos - http://www.mediafire.com/?jgvykn1l5x5

so, please give it a listen, and take a minute to tell me what you think. if you just wanna stream it, or just download a song or two, you can do that on my myspace (http://www.myspace.com/dannyhmiller). i would like to hear all comments, suggestions, criticisms, good or bad. and if you like it, if you wouldn't mind playing it for your friends, that'd be great too. enjoy!

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Aspirations, Never Realized for some reason reminds me of woody guthrie, which is a good thing.

But hey man im liking it the vocals have really came along since the demos i heard.

Are you selling hard copies? If so i would like to buy one
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Downloading now!
Will pass to link around too!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 am

i finally went to your page and listened to your songs. my first thought is i think its great that you are posting your songs and putting yourself out there...that can be a really hard thing. i didnt see any gaslight covers up there anymore...i'd be interested to check your songs out recorded professionally. sounds like you have a kinda distinctive voice, thats a good thing. also, not to sound like a dick, please dont take it that way, i just wanted to mention, maybe your album cover (im guessing its the cover, your new user pic with the jukebox and the rose) maybe you could kind of incorporate the jukebox and the rose into one image instead of two separate images...
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:17 am

I had a listen on your myspace man and I like it.

The only criticism (which I hope you find constructive) is with your voice. It kinda feels like your holding back. You've got a pretty good voice that's only gonna get better with practice. It sorta sounds like there's a Tom Gabel in there somewhere but hasn't been found yet. I'd recommend to work on your voice more because your guitar playing and lyrics are really good.

I like Aspirations, Never Realised the best.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 pm

alright, the old download link expired, so here's the new one: http://www.mediafire.com/?jgvykn1l5x5

people, it's just 14:17 long and 12.66 MB, so i'd love to hear some more feedback

to answer some of your questions:

-JoshRaymond: no, i will not be doing any physical copies. there is one currently located in my guitar case, but i'm not gonna mess with money and shipping them out and stuff. if i ever do get around to producing more of them, i'll send them out free, just to avoid the hassle of money and to get my name out a little bit more

-steph: i agree, the cover is kinda weak, but it was made using Google image search and Paint, so i think for what it is, it isn't that bad. i did have another cover drawn up which you may like better. i can post it if you'd like

-andy.mac and others who commented on my vocals: i agree that it is the weakest part of my abilities and i've been working on it for the past 6 months. i think the quality of the recording takes away slightly from the tone, but it definitely does need improvement. also, i have been focusing on pushing my voice more on my new material, so hopefully that Tom Gabel will come out soon haha

again, i can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to not only listen, but also to write and tell me what you thought. i really appreciate it, and it will help me with future recordings/songwriting more than you realize. i will keep you guys posted on anything going on with my music career in the future

Last edited by Jukebox Romeo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:25 pm

I just downloaded it so I haven't listened much yet but my first impression is really good but I think you should try to sing a little louder, less restrained. But it's still really good!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 pm

the title "last of the jukebox romeos" makes me picture you standing against the jukebox or against an old 50's convertible...kinda like a greaser. lookin all smooth. haha
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:14 pm

haha yeah that would be tight. i actually do have a buddy who's into graphic design and photography, so he might be able to help me out

but i still have to keep things in perspective. i'm just a kid playing songs almost exclusively in his room who no one's heard of, and the fact that i'm not gonna deal with physical copies much right now makes the cover not as much of a necessity

this album was really just a test run to practice writing and recording and to see what kind of reception i got. before i had even recorded these i had started writing better songs, so i just wanted to get these songs out of the way and over with. doing that also helped me move on from a few things in my life that the songs dealt with
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:06 am

oh yeah, it definitely is not the most important aspect of your music. i just commented i guess cause im used to paying attention to that kind of thing, i studied photography for awhile. like i said, i think its great that you are putting your music out there. i would find that very intimidating.
Back to top Go down
Ivan Kuz

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 am

Link expired.
Upload again, please.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:30 am

new link:
Code:
Danny Miller - The Last of the Jukebox Romeos - http://www.mediafire.com/?jgvykn1l5x5
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:56 pm

new song, "Song For Trav": http://www.myspace.com/dannyhmiller

still needs a bit of work and a decent title, but this is what I've got so far. if you've got some time on your hands, please give it a listen, download it if you'd like, let me know what you think. thanks guys

Lyrics:

Things haven’t been the same since last year
You say things are starting to bore you, starting to wear you down
Well, I just keep hoping things will get better in the spring

Everybody’s just trying to make it through
Trying to find a reason to keep pushing on ahead
But that can be so hard sometimes, when no one seems to understand

All the things you used to love
Have completely lost all their appeal
You talk more and more about how it was back home
I just know someday you’ll go back

Lately, you’ve been going through the motions
And the motions have been taking the life out of you
You’re just drifting through the days with a melancholy air

Well, everything in life will run its course
So when you can no longer stand your closest friends
That’s when you know it’s time to try someplace new

Everything you used to love
Has completely lost all its appeal
You talk more and more about how it was back home
And I’m just waiting for the day you go back

You decided you can’t stay here anymore
You say that in this place you feel you’re wasting away
And this life is too short to not make the most of every single day

Nobody here wants to see you go
And few of us will ever understand the reasons why
But we all hope someday you’ll find some peace of mind
Back to top Go down
This Cha

PostSubject: TABs   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:59 am

Heyy dude, great tracks.. Is there any chance you have the tabs, or chords for This River was on Fire

I think i'm hearing a G and an Em with a C on the second string but thats about it
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:49 pm

hey man, thanks for the kind words, and thanks for listening! yeah, the song is just G D Em C over and over. real simple

but here's a tip: just wait until you hear the new arrangement of this song (and a few other songs) that I hope to record tomorrow Wink
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Alright guys, as promised, here are 4 new recordings by me, 2 brand new songs, and 2 new arrangements of TLotJR songs that I think are pretty cool, and much better than the original versions. They are up to stream and/or download on my MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/dannyhmiller), and I'll get you guys a download link in the coming days. If you guys could give them a listen, and maybe even tell me what you think, that would be awesome! Thanks!

And to the guest named "This Cha" who wrote above, the new version of This River Was On Fire is up, if you'd like to give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey guys, I just finished a new song called "Believe In the Natural". It's very Frank Turner and Sam Russo-ish, and it would be awesome if you guys could give it a listen. It's on my MySpace with lyrics: http://www.myspace.com/dannyhmiller
Back to top Go down
Templeton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Templeton

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:26 am

I'm extremely digging this! You have an amazing voice! I'll be sure to spread the word!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey man, thanks for listening! I appreciate your comments and support. I got some more stuff coming up soon. I'll keep you posted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Miller   Danny Miller - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danny Miller
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2