DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tin Pan Alley

Go down 
+6
e7c
rhg5010
lbw87
Stalls_Standing
liveit
Jukebox Romeo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:08 pm

New song Brian just put up. This is not an SRV cover, as far as I can tell. And the good news is, it sounds like a legit studio version, with drums and a second guitar part, and it's pretty good quality, so maybe he's been in the studio recording other songs too...also, it sounds like he has decided not to quit smoking, as his voice is raspier than ever. Pretty good song, it'll probly grow on me

He's online right now, and I had the 6th play of the song, so I guess he just put it up today.

And don't even ask for a rip of it. Do yourself a favor and learn how to use file2hd.com. Teach a man to fish, ya know?
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:20 pm

It's a really really good song- if you look up the meaning of "Tin Pan Alley" - the song is amazing. Love it already.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 pm

I quite like it, not a touch on The Blues, Mary though!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:31 pm

agreed. hopefully he decided to finish up the album. he took down all the blogs, so maybe he's taking back what he said about abandoning the project. and this new song doesn't just sound like a demo, so i'm optimistic
Back to top Go down
lbw87
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=568IEUVQ
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks, but I found that file a little soft in volume. Try this one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/211181084/Brian_Fallon_-_Tin_Pan_Alley.mp3

pretty good song, but yeah very raspy... very Boss-like.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:41 pm

liveit wrote:
It's a really really good song- if you look up the meaning of "Tin Pan Alley" - the song is amazing. Love it already.

What is the meaning of Tin Pan Alley?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:28 pm

wikipedia dog
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm

for anyone as lazy as me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_pan_alley
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Ha! I thought this was a pretty good one too.....sort of interesting....

http://parlorsongs.com/insearch/tinpanalley/tinpanalley.php
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:28 am

Holy shit! Brian just transcended himself with this new song.
I really hope he still goes on with his solo project. If he puts out an album with songs with the quality of Mary, The Blues and Tin Pan Alley he can easily rival the Boss and Nebraska.
I love the E-street band esque background vocals
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:10 am

“That’s how they sounded in my room when I started,” Fallon says. “After three shows I got really, really bored of it. I really felt like I was doing the same show every night. There was no one else to feed off of, there’s nobody sitting next to you, you’re not making little jokes between you and your band members. I don’t understand how those guys do that.”

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2009/03/20/8825631.html

Sorry guys
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 am

to me that is great news... I have said in many threads that I hope Brian does not go out and do his own thing. I love TGA so much and any time bands start having members going out to do their own thing on a large scale it leads to the decline of the band (The Beatles and Pantera come to mind... quite a pair!)
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 10:47 am

I agree. Especially now- way too early for a solo career. If he were to do a tour here and there in 30 years from now- when band touring might be tiresome- that'd be cool- but now, keep it to TGA. Glad to hear it too. Love the solo songs just the same, and hope to hear more.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 12:48 pm

i don't need a tour, but a solo album would be sick. some of my favorite TGA songs are the stripped down ones, and Brian's solo stuff so far has been pretty amazing

Springsteen put out Nebraska, The Ghost of Tom Joad, and Devils & Dust, but i'm pretty sure he never toured on his own. so Brian could put out a solo album and just keep touring with TGA
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 4:02 pm

This is true......
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Amazing song...my mom was sitting next to me when it was on...and she's like "That's Bruce, right?" and I'm like no, Brian Fallon from Gaslight. She said he has an even better voice than Bruce.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:10 pm

We spoke to him after the gig in London about his solo stuff and he said that he didn't enjoy it as much as playing with the band and felt like it wasn't fair playing a show to people that he wasn't really into and enjoying himself. fair enough i guess.

he even said that The Blues Mary might even end up on a future Gaslight album cos he really liked it! don't wanna get anyone's hopes up but it would be muckin fagic!! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Tin Pan Alley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin Pan Alley   Tin Pan Alley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tin Pan Alley
Page 1 of 1