DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Package From Benny

Go down 
+5
liveit
ral
kieran
Scott
Vibes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Today in the mail I got a package from Benny. He sent me a copy of the master recording of Live At The Middle East, super-high quality on two disks and a demo from his other band Spiro Agnew. I'm gonna pop these babies in right now and listen to em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Scott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scott

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 pm

wow... rip please!
Back to top Go down

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:17 am

Cool! Did you buy them or just ask him nicely???... rips would be great!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:04 am

Well gathering he does work for Punk news im assuming its for review and therefore shouldn't be ripped for you guys.
Back to top Go down

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Good point.
I'm a bit unclear, is Live At The Middle East a Gaslight recording, or is it Spiro Agnew?
And on this note, does anyone know if Spiro Agnew still active, or is it solely a 'pre' Gaslight band? (I ask this 'cos I'm not sure if Vibes is actually reviewing these, if he is, that would suggest they are...)
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Ok, a little backstory: At a show in November in Colorado I was talking to Benny about sports and since he was from New Jersey, we started talking about the Baltimore Ravens (American football) and Ray Rice, a player that went to Rugers University in New Jersey. Benny used to work for the Rutgers press and the funny thing is, Ray Rice lives across the street from me.

I told him I'd get him an autograph and then we talked some more. The next night I caught up with him and he told me to text him my address because he'd send me a recording of a show they did in August.

So I got an autographed football card of Rice and gave it to Benny at the Asbury show last December and he told me that he'd ship me out the record right before they left for Europe.

There was a little delay and I got it yesterday.

The recordings are the same as the other Middle East show but higher quality. In addition to that show, Benny threw in the Spiro demo which I have yet to listen to.

I'm not going to release the recordings because I don't think that's what Benny's intentions were in sending me them. (Sorry all)

Can anyone tell me a bit about Spiro, I don't know much about them.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Vibes wrote:

The recordings are the same as the other Middle East show but higher quality. In addition to that show, Benny threw in the Spiro demo which I have yet to listen to.

I'm not going to release the recordings because I don't think that's what Benny's intentions were in sending me them. (Sorry all)

Can anyone tell me a bit about Spiro, I don't know much about them.

so you got a great recording of a show but don't plan on sharing it. awesome for you i guess.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:11 pm

I mean, you've got the recording too. I'm not holding out on something that you don't have. I just wanted to share my story, that's all. I didn't mean to alienate or offend
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:56 pm

Spiro Agnew is a band that Benny and Alex R are in. They're still together- when they have time to play. Look them up on myspace, they're on there. They just played over TGA's winter break.

Where is that recording by the way, had no idea there was one out there? I'd love to hear it- I've been to all their Middle East shows.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:05 am

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI5I2W27
Back to top Go down

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:13 am

Vibes wrote:

I understand exactly where Vibes is coming from with this. Although its disappointing, I think we've got to understand that, as he says, the recordings weren't meant for a release. If they suddenly appeared on the internet, it would look bad on Vibes' part, because it would be kind of obvious where they had come from if he was one of the only ones in possession of them. We should just appreciate Benny was good enough to send them out in the first place, because if good things like this are abused, they won't last long.

Just my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Tomaldo wrote:
Vibes wrote:

I understand exactly where Vibes is coming from with this. Although its disappointing, I think we've got to understand that, as he says, the recordings weren't meant for a release. If they suddenly appeared on the internet, it would look bad on Vibes' part, because it would be kind of obvious where they had come from if he was one of the only ones in possession of them. We should just appreciate Benny was good enough to send them out in the first place, because if good things like this are abused, they won't last long.

Just my thoughts...

If the recordings weren't meant for the public, why bother mentioning it on a public forum? It just comes across as bragging. Vibes says they're "super-high quality" which sounds like an improvement over the 160kbps shared before and worth sharing. I guess if it were me, I'd assume they were for public consumption instead of assuming they were to be kept under lock and key. Seems like you'd want the fans hearing your stuff.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:05 pm

He isnt boasting just sharing a cool little story.

I can see 100% where zack is coming from. Also you are not entitled to anything from anyone.

I don't mean that in a harsh elitist kind of way but its kinda true.
Back to top Go down

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 pm

ral wrote:
If the recordings weren't meant for the public, why bother mentioning it on a public forum?

I'm assuming Benny doesn't know of Vibes association with the forums. Thinking about it, I'm sure if he did want to circulate he could do it in better way than sending it to a single fan, assuming my previous sentence is true.

Hence...

Vibes wrote:
I just wanted to share my story, that's all.

I don't think Vibes sharing his story should be interpreted as bragging; that would be cynical. If anything, I think Vibes sharing this with us merely reasserts what decent people the Gaslight guys are. We should be grateful they're still willing to interact with their fans on such a personal level, because as a band they're getting bigger all the time...
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Fair enough, you guys don't think it sounded like boasting, I did. Sorry to take things the wrong way.

Anyways, it _is_ a cool story and I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:51 pm

Vibes wrote:

Thank you. I think when I originally tried that, a while ago- it didn't work for me....worked now. I had forgot about it.....
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:15 pm

alright, i was gonna stay out of this, but i feel i should say something to those who are disgruntled that Vibes isn't upping the albums.

first of all, when i read his original post, i did not expect him to be upping these, as that was not the intended purpose of Benny giving them to Vibes. if he did up them, that would be betraying the trust of Benny. the albums are a gift, in return for Vibes hooking him up with the Ray Rice autograph. if you got a gift of a signed guitar or something from the band, wouldn't you want to tell someone about it? also, everyone on this forum has the bootleg, though in lower quality, but it's still decent quality, so don't get so worked up about it.

and seriously, how often would you listen to the bootleg? once at first, then never again, probly. and as far as the Spiro Agnew demo, i haven't checked their myspace, but if they have songs up, which i assume they do, it is incredibly easy to rip the songs from there, so you're not missing out on that either. deal with it, people
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 pm

As much as it pains me, I agree... this is not something that is "meant" to be released... of course, we could just email Benny and ask him if it is ok
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:46 am

Just a cool story, and yes we are very jealous!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:19 am

EXTREMELY JEALOUS!
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:24 am

True enough! CRAZY EXTREMELY JEALOUS even!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
TonyRockyHorror
A Contender
A Contender
TonyRockyHorror

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 1:59 am

Vibes wrote:

This is NOT the August 17th, 2008 at the Middle east. This is 2/23/08. I was at the August show and these are different.

How was the supposed master recording done? Was it straight from the soundboard? I didn't see any one else there recording that night.
Back to top Go down
http://dclivetracks.com
Sponsored content

Package From Benny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Package From Benny   Package From Benny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Package From Benny
Page 1 of 1